Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet DJ MIXING : basic - advanced - pro - Page: 17

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Just purchased VDJ 6 Pro and a Hercules RMX, perfect lessons for the beginner :) thanks for taking the time to post the tutorials.

Posté Thu 23 Jul 09 @ 8:21 am

Posté Sat 01 Aug 09 @ 2:21 am
Backscratcher, we've seen your facking videos, they're alright.
Stop spamming every post that remotely relates.

Posté Tue 04 Aug 09 @ 11:38 am
hi how can i use the songs i search using virtual dj.. i have v6.0

please help

Posté Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 1:02 am
I like the tips here, but here is my experience:

Most songs should be 3 to 3:30 minutes. Good songs average that length and people like to her their favorite parts and get pissed when you cut off a song before they here their favorite line. Also, not all songs mix to the kick drum. Hiphop is notorious for an inconsistent kick drum, so you mix to the hihat. Also if you are mixing from a song that is strong to the hihat to a strong bass beat (or vice versa) you should cut out the bass initially on your cross over and work it in matching the hihats (this will usually make it look like your songs are out of phase by about 50%). check out my vid in this forum for more info.

Big tip. Don't go out in lala land and play what you think is cool. Play to the crowd. And give them a break every 30 to 45 minutes. Work in a song with a good break the flattens the music and than work towards a different style. This keep half the people at the bar and the other half dancing. While we would love to keep the dance floor packed all night you have to do you part to keep the bartenders busy (unless your Tiesto filling up a stadium) and thus the bar owner happy. Just my input based on spinning at American and Canadian clubs.

Lastly, DJ to play music, not get chicks or a cheap bar tab. When you are playing music at a bar or club it is a job, not a social activity, don't get caught up in the melee, focus on the music and watch what the crowd likes and doesn't like, and always leave them wanting more.

Posté Thu 03 Sep 09 @ 3:28 am
mjh99ent wrote :
I like the tips here, but here is my experience:

Most songs should be 3 to 3:30 minutes. Good songs average that length and people like to her their favorite parts and get pissed when you cut off a song before they here their favorite line. Also, not all songs mix to the kick drum. Hiphop is notorious for an inconsistent kick drum, so you mix to the hihat. Also if you are mixing from a song that is strong to the hihat to a strong bass beat (or vice versa) you should cut out the bass initially on your cross over and work it in matching the hihats (this will usually make it look like your songs are out of phase by about 50%). check out my vid in this forum for more info.

Big tip. Don't go out in lala land and play what you think is cool. Play to the crowd. And give them a break every 30 to 45 minutes. Work in a song with a good break the flattens the music and than work towards a different style. This keep half the people at the bar and the other half dancing. While we would love to keep the dance floor packed all night you have to do you part to keep the bartenders busy (unless your Tiesto filling up a stadium) and thus the bar owner happy. Just my input based on spinning at American and Canadian clubs.

Lastly, DJ to play music, not get chicks or a cheap bar tab. When you are playing music at a bar or club it is a job, not a social activity, don't get caught up in the melee, focus on the music and watch what the crowd likes and doesn't like, and always leave them wanting more.

EXCELLENT points. I am a musician first, music teacher second, and DJ third. Reading through this guide reminded me of some of the music theory classes I have taken.

The biggest advice I can give is DO NOT RELY ON THE SOFTWARE TO DO ALL THE WORK. No software can replace the human ear. I was never "trained" in how to DJ. I picked it up by listening to DJs that I liked their sound. Once I got my first version of VDJ when I bought my Herc MK2, I just kept practicing and trying to make certain parts of my mixes sound like other DJs who had a "good sound". This helped me to understand beatmatching, simply because my EAR told me when there was a train-wreck happening. When something wasn't the way it should be, it didn't SOUND right. THAT should be your ultimate guide....YOUR EARS. The only way you can do that is through practice and critical, concentrated listening. Rely more on your ears than your eyes.

Great job on the tutorial DJ In Norway!!!!!

Posté Thu 03 Sep 09 @ 12:26 pm
XeanoHome userMember since 2009
Thank you for your tips & trucks! I read it over and over, en try, retry.
Your amazing!

Greetz from Belgium!

Posté Sat 05 Sep 09 @ 10:21 am
prodeHome userMember since 2009
How to download a skin

Posté Tue 15 Sep 09 @ 10:42 am
Prode, you have to be a Pro licensed user to download skins and plugins

Posté Tue 15 Sep 09 @ 11:08 am
Nice broke everything down nice and simple

Posté Tue 22 Sep 09 @ 2:38 pm
I'm into my trance, and I've got the DJ Console Mk 2 which I've had for about 2 years now, since my Mk1 console got stolen. I find that while there are some improvements with it, when using Virtual DJ it is now really hard to mix tracks that have a different BPM, without the beats jarring, even when using beatmatch.

The only way around this is to mix tracks all with the same BPM, which for those Discover/Vandit sounding tunes, 140 BPM is fine but its annoying as there's no progression which I used to be able to do much more smoothly on the old console.

Anyone got any tips or do I need to change the settings?

Thanks dudes!

Posté Wed 23 Sep 09 @ 6:35 am
DragonoPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Rookie In Da House!!! WOW!! I've printed your lessons and will study them over and over again. For me, this is just what I needed as I'm just starting out and learning. Thanks so much!!!

Posté Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 3:13 pm
If you're a PRO good 4 you let the others sync bitch

and if ur NEW sync yoooooo

check it

Cause im saying it once

__________----------------------------_________

Newbie guide

The only thing you need to learn fist is to

BLEND A SONG ( DONT KNOW HOW >>>> GOOGLE IT

2. KNOW YOUR SONGS ( kNOW WHATS HOTT ) Heres where I get mine ( STRICTLYHITS.COM)

3. EXPECT TO MAKE MISTAKES I DIDMMM AL THE TIME I SUCKED

JUST STICK TO BASICS SDOMEONE ELSE CAN GO WRITE A NOVEL IN SHOWING YOU THE REST

gOOD LUCK PEOPLE:: www.myspace.com/djtunaentertainment

Posté Fri 23 Oct 09 @ 8:12 pm
iFr0gPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Norman Beats, you are one of the greatest DJ's to look up to. Your knowledge of DJ'ing is outstanding, and your mixing skills are one in a million. You are a great role model. Keep up the good work! :D

Posté Wed 28 Oct 09 @ 12:31 am
WELL I read all of your Tricks And Trips guys. i have a mission for got to www.flipd.co.za and listern our tracks there. in South Africa
We got House
durdan, pretoria, Deep house, Electro house.
And in our charts we got all of them as hits and Beats are ranging from 120BPM - 128 BPM. its hard to play them.
i'm an straight Electro DJ friday & saturday124 - 128BPM 130(is pushing my luck coz beat down is difficult ever body is up set)... But during Sunday sessions i Play Deep 120BPM

How can i get a crowd that loves 125 to move them up to 130???

Posté Fri 06 Nov 09 @ 5:07 am
hey fellow music lovers!!!!
i come in the name of music how about we have our own page for battles?
i am very good and i need recognition.....

Posté Sat 21 Nov 09 @ 2:59 am
hey peeps !!
i know this is totally out...pcj's or lapj's(digital deejays) guys who use a laptop or pc are not regarded as dj's in South Africa. Why i don't do u guys think that's because i'm very good with the virtual dj however i don't get the same respect like the other dj's

Posté Sat 21 Nov 09 @ 5:41 am
spinashHome userMember since 2009
Dj In Norway.

I have one Problem
I hope you or Double ooo CAn help me sort that out.

I always finds it difficults when i reach the BPM of 140

I ways finds it difficults to move forward

I am always confused of how to increase or decrease the BPM.

I need Help.How do i pitch bend when i USE VDJ PRO

Help ! ! !

I have a Some Programme Tommorw but im woriied !

Posté Sat 21 Nov 09 @ 2:26 pm
ok bra according to the VDJ vinyl experience i have u mustn't use beatmatch as that affects your bpm and the beatmatch.
the best advise i can give you is to mix same genre with the same and then use the brake option when you changing to a different genre. there's nothing nicer than a tune playing at more or less it's bpm....

one love brother hope i helped.....

Posté Mon 23 Nov 09 @ 8:30 am
大家好! 我是来自中国的VDJ爱好者,请问怎么才能更好的操作VDJ?有哪个高手请教下;关于混合的技巧?

Posté Thu 26 Nov 09 @ 7:02 am
68%