Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet First Paid Gig

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I had a graduation (college) gig on Sunday. Was supposed to be for 3 hours, but went 5. VDJ did not skip a beat, so to speak. It was awesome and some of the guests, whom I already knew from before, were in awe that I was mixing using software. Everyone had a good time. I played mostly old school R&B, such as Barry White, Maze f F Beverley, Michael Jackson, Kashif, M'lissa Morgan, with some newer school like Robin Thicke, Beenie Man, Sean Paul, etc. It was great. I'll probably get a wedding gig out of it. Not sure if I am ready for that, but I'm game. Keep up the good work, VDJ elves!!

Posté Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 11:18 am
If you've never don a wedding before you could be finding yourself on the bad side of a angry bride..
Try hooking up with another Local DJ to see how it's done.. Don't wing it, you'll be very, very sorry..

For your first wedding it would be worth paying someone with experience to go with you at lest until you get through the formalities….

Wedding can be easy, fun and very profitable. Only if your confident with the process.. You could be held liable for destroying a 40, 60, 100,000 wedding..

As I said,,, you could be finding yourself on the bad side of a angry bride…

Good Luck :)

Posté Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 11:48 am
I hear you. I have a friend who has done a few weddings. He'd be willing to gig with me for free. I want my wife to emcee, since she is great when speaking to crowds. It also doesn't hurt that she is a professional wedding planner, although she is not involved in this wedding. Also, the bride and groom-to-be were both at the party, so they have an idea of what to expect from me, musically. They're going to be asking for the same type of music. My wife can handle all the special dance announcements. It's also supposed to be a small wedding. 60 guests max. We'll see. The wedding is in May. I'll probably have a gig this month and then I am going to help my friend do a wedding in April.

Posté Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 11:59 am
Cool... One thing I tell all my brides.. If your (the bride and groom) aren’t on the dance floor,, then there guest won’t be either..

Good luck

Posté Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 12:16 pm
Thanks, Paul. One thing I just found out is that the couple will not be doing all of the traditional dances They want an intro and maybe a first dance. They will actually marry the day before. The bride-to-be wants the reception to go much like the party I just did the other evening. An hour of dinner or low-key music at the beginning during appetizers and then some bumping and grinding to R&B. Right up my alley. lol

Posté Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 5:42 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)