Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Questions: Automix and Gain

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Greetings VDJers. I recently download the eval version of VDJ and used it at an event. I'm now considering purchasing either the home edition (and upgrade later) or the full version

I have a few of questions that don't see answered in the User Guide and hope someone here can help me.

PRODUCT QUESTIONS:

1) When using the 'automix' button to play songs from my playlist, sometimes it seems to move the cross fader quickly (perfect), but other times it tries to be clever and play both at the same time for a while (not good). Maybe it does this if the bpm is similiar? Anyway, I want to set NEVER try and play them together, just quickly cross fade. Is it possible to set this up?

As more info, I am talking about the usual cheesy 80's disco party type stuff.

2) I have many MP3 collected over the years main which seem to have been ripped (legally) at different volumes. I seem to have to set the GAIN for almost every track. Is there a way to automatically set VDJ to adjust the GAIN to be the same as the previous track, like 'Auto Gain' or something?

3) HOME or PRO edition. The only difference to me seemed to be not being able to use midi interface in the HOME edition. I used a USB midi keyboard and that was helpful, but probably not helpful enough to justify the extra £££. I do not intend to use any other control surfaces.

I will be doing about 10 more events this year, and hopefully double next year. Anyone got any reasons why I should get the PRO version instead of the HOME one? Tempt me!

4) Do you tend to play the full song? Things like 'I Will Survive', do I really have to play the whole song? Do dancers really want to hear it all or can I fade to something else after the 100th 'I Will Survive'?!

5) I used an external ASIO soundcard and it sounded great, but means more to carry around. Anyone use laptop built in Headphone out directly into the PA? I guess I'll have to try it but anyone got any comments on this.

6) MP3's, are they really good enough at loud levels? I always wonder if they are a bit thin and the bass not rounded enough compared to CD quality recording but don't know if this is just my ears playing tricks (because I am behind the FoH sound)? Do you all use MP3's okay/

Sorry for all the questions but any responses will be gratefully received :-)

Posté Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 5:27 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
1. it club mixes thats what the automix is for , try lowering the fade time to a quicker time so you dont get the club style mix
2. choose match gain = always , ensure all songs are
3. pro for sure , pro is a fully featured product , home edition has limited soundcard and feature support hence its price its for beginers to try out.
4. depends , judge it per crowd , try and change songs regulary to keep interest
5. yes i have but it allows for no preview ect
6. yes try a encoding higher than 192kbs however bellow this the quality is bad
hope that helps :)

Posté Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 11:11 pm
Great help, many many thanks :-)

Posté Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 3:21 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
any time =)

Posté Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 11:58 pm
you should stay with the soundcard , better sound quality , plus preview ability and you can smooth out the crossfades/transitions altogether more professional.....

Posté Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 1:42 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)