Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Auto Gain is killing me!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

djbiggaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
lol ok that might be a bit dramatic, it is causing me major problems though. I play on the FM and a tune coming in too loud is just unforgivable. I had this happen to me 3 or 4 times last night and it all ended in the station manager calling me at 4am after my show to give me a warning. :-(

It has been suggested that differing bitrates/sample rates cause this problem. I have a couple of questions, how do I get the Autogain to work better? I've tried out all the different options available and none of them are adequate. Secondly if I can't get it to work properly how do other people cope with this? On the BCD2000 listening in the headphones isn't really an accurate way of predicting the incoming tunes gain.

Lastly I have for too much music to consider resampling it all! lol

Any help apreciated.

Bigga

Posté Sat 10 Feb 07 @ 5:24 pm

Does this happen only on new tracks, where you start to play before the song is fully analyzed?
(gain is set at end of analyze)

If not, try normalize all your tracks, if the BCD2000 gives bad indication of level.

MP3gain is an excellent software, that will set level right.
http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/

And it does not involve a resample of songs, simply changing the volume info in the mp3 file, so its totally lossless, so no quality loss

Posté Sat 10 Feb 07 @ 5:32 pm
djbiggaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It happens on old and new music a like. Thanks for the link I'll check that out.

Bigga

Posté Sat 10 Feb 07 @ 5:39 pm
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yep, I use mp3 gain and never had a problem with it. I then set the gain to "always match" and whenever I start up VDJ I set the first song's gain to about -5. No problemo!!

Posté Sat 10 Feb 07 @ 10:16 pm
ashlarPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Is there something out there to normalize .vob files?

Posté Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 2:43 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i think sony vegas can do this.

Posté Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 2:48 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)