Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Virtual Dj The movie =) [PROJECT] - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello there folks , i am thinking about making a movie of djs from all around the world who use virtual dj and what they use it for , how long they have used it why they like ect and their gear as i think it would be nice for people to see how much of a global comunity this is :)

so i was wondering would any one like to take part ?

all i would need from you is about 2-3 minutes of footage of you/your club or location / your gear

So if you could make a video clip

with , where your from , how long have you been djing , how long have you used virtual dj , what you use it for , and what gear you use with it and if possible some shots of your location

and email it to admin@skyfxlmedia.com

That would Rock , and i would hope to finish the project by the end of this month or the start of the next :)

Regards

Simon

Posté Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 1:11 pm
Great idea but I only have a webcam... hehehehe.

I suppose I will need to borrow a camcorder right?

Posté Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 10:49 pm
you could use a webcam , and use a mic , and i could sync it :)

Posté Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 11:11 pm
We're all set to video tape different turntablists from our record store locations here in Southern California.

They'll be 2 camera set-ups like this one of Q-Bert at our store: http://www.stacksvinyl.com/media/qbert_skratchsolo_340k.wmv

But we're not taping anything until VDJ Mac is out and we verify that it is as responsive as SSL TCV wise.

Posté Fri 16 Feb 07 @ 1:31 am
I'm in!

Posté Fri 16 Feb 07 @ 2:36 am
thanks for your support guys :)

Posté Fri 16 Feb 07 @ 11:16 am
I'll try to record some minutes, but now I'm quite busy and have not many FREE time for it...

How many time have you thought for receiving material?

Posté Fri 16 Feb 07 @ 1:16 pm
my thoughts where every little helps :)

Posté Fri 16 Feb 07 @ 9:22 pm

Hi Dj's my name is Joey, My mates call me judgejoey because i judge the music and give them my opinion if the songs are good or not. I have been mixing for 5 years, 2001 and i jst say this i like doing it, because it give you experience on how to become a DJ or Home DJ. (i usually deal with house parties, so if there is anyone out there not long using atomix/V DJ I like to hear from you.

Thank you for Reading:
Regards Joey
------------

Posté Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 2:16 am
like a documentary? :-) sounds good
i'll try help out :) any excuse to get in front of a camera!

Sean

Posté Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 12:29 pm
yes just like a documentary :)

Posté Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 12:37 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've just got off the phone with Tom Cruise, says he's in, he just needs a double for the scratching scenes, anyone here look like cruise?

Sure I'll help out with some video footage ;).

Posté Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 12:41 pm
yay your video clips rock especialy that one of the club you where at recently

:)

Posté Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 1:32 pm
im not sure toms such a good idea could we aford the insurance if he acidentaly should prick his finger on the saftey needles and bleeds to death ?

Posté Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 1:33 pm
It'll be alright Sky,

His alien spirit that inhabits him will cause his pain to go away.

Anyone else read that scientology book?
You can REALLY tell it was written by a sci-fi fiction authour

Posté Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 10:42 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yea what a cult, it's a belief system where only the rich are quite good enough, but then again, entry to Area 51 can't be cheap :)).

Posté Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 11:05 pm
so will this movie be for sale....if so, im willing to pay for it right now :)

Posté Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 4:55 am
will be a free download :)

Posté Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 9:52 am
on the technical side of this - is there a minimum screen size/image resolution? editing different quality video clips together is a royal pain in the ass. just never looks right.

shameless plug time:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=80esMp5bbXA

hmm should've aimed the camera at the computer? for a few minutes more anyway. with a split screen.

Posté Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 4:19 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I think the MPEG-1 standard is good enough: not too big, not too small, it's fast to process (everything is computed inside the GPU) and is supported by the 100% of the hardware and the software. We have only to decide between PAL or NTSC, everything else is self-described inside the codec (this means it's also very simple to use).

Posté Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 5:26 pm
77%