Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Replacement fader controls/parts for the HDJC

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
A few weeks ago I spilled a drink on my HDJC. It worked for about 30 minutes, then it went nuts. All the lights came on and it locked up. I took it home cleaned it out with zero contact cleaner and put some DeoxIT fader lube on the controls. It took about 5 cleanings to get the main fader to work. After putting the fader lube on there it works better then new. Only problem is the left volume control is real sensitive. I took volume control potentiometer apart, what I think what happened is some gunk got under the plastic insulator on the end. The resistance is lower then right side control. Basically, its shorted out. I soaked it overnight in some contact cleaner, still didn’t help. Long story short, I contacted Hercules, they sent and email to clarify what I needed, but didn’t respond again. I have a feeling they cant sell any internal parts. I was wondering if anyone know another source for the part or has another broken console they are willing to part out. My volume control has a number on the side 551c-100kb (100k ohm). It would nice not having to buy another console for a $5 part.

Posté Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 11:00 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 11:53 pm
Where are you located??

Posté Fri 16 Feb 07 @ 7:28 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
yk23 wrote :
... I have a feeling they cant sell any internal parts. I was wondering if anyone know another source for the part or has another broken console they are willing to part out. ...

Contact Mother China

hehe just kidding. Of course they don't sell parts, because they are not manufacters. Unfortunately. Look at ebay for a second hand one, and save some spare parts.

Posté Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 10:42 am
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yeah, they said the do not carry internal parts. I have it working good enough to use without any real problems, but I just to get it fixed right. I'll keep looking on ebay, havent seen one yet. For DiscoBrian, Im in Austin, Tx.

Posté Mon 19 Feb 07 @ 5:42 pm
I have one that is fully functional, just don't know if I can sell it yet, I will get back to you.

Posté Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 12:12 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)