Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet vob file won't play

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

The .vob file plays in windows media but will not play in vdj. It loads in the deck as an error.
It plays good in windows media, so which codec am I supposed to set it for in the codec config
place? Or do i need to do something else in addition to that?

Posté Fri 23 Feb 07 @ 3:46 am
The video file format needs to be .avi or .mpg. Do you have any idea on how to save the videos you modify? i only get .wav. and mp3. formats to choose to save from.

Posté Fri 23 Feb 07 @ 7:37 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
bryantpb wrote :
The .vob file plays in windows media but will not play in vdj. It loads in the deck as an error.
It plays good in windows media, so which codec am I supposed to set it for in the codec config
place? Or do i need to do something else in addition to that?

Make sure that in the "Codecs" tab of the setup window, you have the .VOB extension associated with "Video Decoder."

bobbyboo wrote :

Do you have any idea on how to save the videos you modify? i only get .wav. and mp3. formats to choose to save from.

You can't modify video files within VirtualDJ. I am guessing that you are referring to recording your mix? If so, then at this time, you can only record the audio, even if you play videos. If you want to record the video output, then you will need an external recorder of some sort (ie VCR, DVR, video capture card, etc.)

Posté Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 5:27 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Vob's don't work for me either. I rip all my videos to mpeg 2 before even attempting them now.

P

Posté Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 8:42 pm
Thanks, PIO, that's what I'll do.

Posté Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 2:48 pm
Pio, do you use the ripDVD in VDJ?

Posté Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 2:50 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No way man. I tried it just once...no joy whatsoever. It wouldn't even let me change the type of file I wanted to rip to. Stuck itself on .vob...which, as I've experienced, is useless for me. I use ImToo DVD Ripper, which works quite well for me. Cost me 28 gbp and seems to be handling it well. I've only ripped a couple of dvd's so far, so i've only got about 100 or so vids, but the quality is ok. Only thing I don't like about them is the size of the files. I'm ripping to MPEG 2 and each dvd is about a gig in size. Bummer. Means i need to run out and buy another hard drive. Oh well!!! (",)

P

Posté Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 5:07 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)