Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet 4.3 for you and me... - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi,

anyone have a countdown until version 4.3?

anxious

:-)

Posté Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 5:20 am
Hi
I don't think so

Posté Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 7:40 am
Again the same stupid question...

Posté Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 8:20 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
indeed! , it will be ready when its ready and not a second earlier or later. =d

Posté Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 11:29 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm sure DJ In Norway can do another countdown animation, if you want an accurate estimate... ;-)

Posté Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 2:13 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
djsherz wrote :
I'm sure DJ In Norway can do another countdown animation, if you want an accurate estimate... ;-)

Poor DJ-In-Norway ;D Always the same story ^_^

Anyway, I agree with Skyfxl: when a new version comes out, it's always a great day!

Posté Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 3:50 pm
Does it have to be a whole new version?

Why make the DEV team knock themselves out?

How about a repair patch for the biggest bugs?

They are busy working on a MAC version, making timecodes available workwide, and you guys are already asking about 4.3?

YEEEESSSHH

Posté Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 4:35 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I predict 4.3 will be an update aimed at fixes and minor tweeks.

Posté Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 9:09 pm
what could you possibly be wanting a 4.3 for?

the version we have works flawlessly, timecodes are perfect, and video is perfect....

instead of blaming the software, let's work on your individual problems....

what exactly is it that's not working right for you?

-Steve

Posté Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 2:26 am
Steve Lynch wrote :

the version we have works flawlessly, timecodes are perfect, and video is perfect....

-Steve

Timecode is far from perfect, sorry to say. Let's not start this again.

Posté Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 2:45 am
HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey Steve- actually there are a few things noted from teamers that they are implementing...

1) the fact that the music stops when the timecode runs out in all modes will be addressed (this was an oversight)

2) more midi functions with video.

4.2 is working great for me right now- was just looking forward to these 2 items,

:-)

Posté Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 3:27 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i could tell you but id have to kill you =D

Posté Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 10:54 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Steve Lynch wrote :

-Steve

so the song stoping dead if the timecode runs out instead of going to internal mode like it used to is a perfectly executed feature?

Posté Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 11:28 pm
DME-CEOPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I was not going to chime in on this one but here's my .02, let's just say that you purchase a game to run on your computer, the 1st thing you would check is to see that your computer has the MINIMUM requirements to run/play the game WITHOUT hesitation/interruption once those requirements are met. So basically it would be an across the board thing in regards to the game, NOT what kind of computer or the specs as long they MEET the minimum requirements. So yes I've asked myself was this software TRULY READY for release?! I think it is a valid question for the simple fact that NOT everyone has the "NACT" for tweaking and tuning their CPU's not to mention the TIME all of this takes! The plus side (if you will) has been that I've learned a TREMENDOUS amout about computers, their settings and a million other things and I'm grateful that their is SO MANY of you who are on these boards and really do provide a GREAT deal of insight in regards to the program we all LOVE yes I said the "L" word I really do have much love for this program and chose it HANDS DOWN OVER SERATO as I'm a "vinyl" guy and use TCV's. Nevertheless with all of this said I had a gig last week and let's just say that during my set VDJ went crazy a few times when I was loading tracks and this is after a long week of me "BEATING" the hell out of the system to see just what it could take WITHOUT any problems which is why I chose to use it live @ the club I gig @ in Waikiki, Hawaii and I only mention that part because out here the demographics are NOT in your favor so once you FINALLY get a spot the last thing that should jeopardize it is your system which you've put through your own test with no problems then come "GAME" day and it literally BLOWS up in your face so unfortunately YES I WILL BE buying the "S" for it's stability. However, VDJ is still #1 in my book it just has a few things to work out and for everyone that has been slamming the "who cares about video, this that and the other" take a hard look around my friends because video is the FUTURE whether you chose to embrace it now or later just like I choose VDJ over the others initially because IT IS THE FUTURE, this is my business so I have to do what I have to do and I don't have a lot of time on my hands to keep tweaking and peeking when their are definate stable options in the marketplace.

Posté Wed 28 Feb 07 @ 2:19 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
DME-CEO, Report any problems/bugs on the forum as accurately as you can, the Dev Team takes all bugs seriously and usually acts on them very quickly. Don't waste your money when you could patiently wait for an update, once the problem has been identified. This company has a history of listening to its users and updates more frequently than the competition.

About Video, whether it's implemented or how it's implemented is dependant on the 'act', you'll notice that each Venue utilises screens differently, some venues (however swanky) just don't have screens. Some venues have DJs playing music videos (VDJ style), others employ separate VJs to put on a less TV like experience, whilst other Venues/acts don't utilise screens, and that is not to their disadvantage.

Posté Wed 28 Feb 07 @ 8:09 pm
I understand your displeasure with this feature, but not for nothing, who is playing 12 minute songs? If you're playing pre-recorded mixes, why even use timecode? I understand that that could be fixed (actually it already is) but are you telling me that this is keeping you from using it live? I mean is this really an issue? the extremely simple solution is to just disengage Timecode if you're that close to the end.... and life goes on.... end of story... I mean I disengage timecode after every mix anyway... why leave it open to a possible skip? use your vinyls to perform your mix, then hit the hot key.... next mix, hit your hotkey again... just a safety measure....

seriously?

you're mixing 12 minute songs?

I'm just saying, it's an extremely minor point, and really doesn't affect 99% of the people here. I agree it needed to be fixed, but I hardly think it warranted carrying pitchforks and torches and chanting for 4.3. you should be using that software with no probs....

I also agree that you have a reasonable expectation when you say if you have the minimum spec, you'd like it to work.

however, we're talking a professional product here. I'm not magic, but I can get it run flawlessly (audio only) on a damn 600 mhz PIII, but people have problems with stability on a dual core amd athlon 4400+? it's not the software, it's something you're doing.... it's frustrating, but the only way is to start at the beginning, and Bust A C.S.I. on it's ass, and figure out what you're doing to piss your machine off....

once again, it takes a commitment from you to give it a good stable environment in which to run.

violate any one of these rules, and it's your fault... (granted, we all break a rule here or there with usually no consequence, but you have to start with a clean slate to troubleshoot!)

No pirated Windows xp
fully virus scanned (no fileshare, spyware, virus, trojan, etc..)
No instant messengers installed
No cracked software installed
no filesharing installed
No network card installed, or if it is, it must be disabled
proper system optimizations (no themes, background images, animations, etc....) Windows classic only
Limit installed programs to only what you dj with, karaoke with, and maybe run lights with... no games, no photoshop, no limewire, etc...

not to be preachy, but you need clean mp-3 files... a crappy downloaded file can crash the software... it's not made for the limewire crowd. it's made for professional DJ's... we rip our own music. I went and met a guy who's been badmouthing VDJ, and the first thing I noticed was that all of his music was all tagged wrong, and named wrong, and very obviously downloaded... right off we found 2 corrupted files that killed VDJ. the same happens in PCDJ and serato, so it's not really their fault. it's made to play mp3, not corrupted mp3. I have a copy of love shack that could crash N.O.R.A.D. if I tried to play it there... just a bad file. like I said, I'm not being preachy, and I really don't care one way or another... i just know I had far fewer problems once I started preparing my own music. It took my 3 years to clean up my music...

also, it means making the investment in decent equipment. a discount electronics store motherboard with all via chipsets and all is most definitely gonna' give you problems. you need a nice brand name motherboard. Brand name ram. (preferably matched) Good video card (once again...brand name) good audio card (you can't buy a good audio card at Fry's, best buy, circuit city, radio shack, or walmart.)

set your power management properly.

disable power management on USB root hubs

Disable animations

don't screw with advanced latency settings and such. espescially if you don't know exactly what it does.

Disable every effect there is.

set computer to best performance in the advanced system settings.

make sure virtual memory matches physical memory

disable bluetooth while DJing

If you're using timecode:

use good needles & clean them every night
Balance your tonearm properly every night.
configure your TCV at the start of every show
clean records
don't screw with the default settings
ground your TT's to the computer chassis (this is a must!)

and as stated, report all perceived bugs to the forum... most "Bugs" are not bugs, they're individual issues. most of us here are perfectly willing to help someone fix a problem as long as they ask for help, and don't come stomping through the forum like godzilla, screaming about how this version sucks. Those of us who have perfectly functioning machines are not lucky, we just follow the rules. be nice to your computer, and she'll be nice to you.

Posté Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 12:27 am

Amen...

For those who did not bother to read the whole above post, step one step back, and read...

VERY good post about how to make a GREAT pc for audio use.

Posté Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 12:31 am
I agree

Posté Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 1:12 am
will we be able to "enable" the Numark Total Control with v4.3 when it arrives or isn't there a need for that???

Posté Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 10:41 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
if you were talking to me about the TCV thing then yeh, its possible to use it in the current version, but its a step back, they couldnt have possibly INTENDED to do this?? also who said it was keeping them from playing with it live? the point i was making is that its still not perfect.......think there was a list kicking about somewhere............................can any be ticked off yet?

Posté Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 2:14 am
65%