Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Peace out!!! - Page: 3

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Steve Lynch wrote :
like I said, you didn't have to convince me....

convince the developers who are trying to find a way to get the video thing to work on mac...

Oh, I understand that change often times throws a wrench in the system as has happened here, but my issue was with you saying that Mac OS is a mess.

The mess is windows and the devs are just used to that mess so it no longer looks like a mess to them. =P

Steve Lynch wrote :
rendering edited video and mixing vob files are two completely different animals.

I can only imagine. =(

Steve Lynch wrote :
I wanna' use my macbook as bad as you do...

Quite obvious now. =)

Steve Lynch wrote :
as for the fashion statement, why did every DJ go to a g4-powerbook? not an imac, not an ibook, they'd all do the same thing.... they're all powerful enough to run serato....

cause they looked cooler...[quote=Steve Lynch]

Other than anewsome who recently purchased a 24" iMac and uses a shuttle pc as well, I have not seen ONE person bring any type of computer other than a notebook to ANY of the MANY events that I go to. EVER.

I'm often times in turntablist rotation environments and desktops, no matter how small of a footprint like an iMac or shuttle pc, is just too obstructive when we need to swap out computers in the most minimal amount of time.

So that leaves just notebooks, and in terms of Macs, that means MacBook or MacBook Pro. There's several reasons here that profesional turntablists and serious dj's choose MacBook Pro's, aesthetics may play a part in that decision but not as big a part as that antiquated and long debunked "they just look cool" argument.

It starts on the sales floor. Believe it or not, it's just SO damn easy to upsell people to the MacBook Pro line from the MacBook line despite the price difference, especially if the sales person can qualify the customer as a professional and convince him/her that they are above the consumer grade MacBook.

Add the fact that the MacBook Pro has 37% more screen real estate, an Expresscard 34 expansion slot, a dedicated graphics card, is only .4 ounces heavier and slightly thinner than the MacBook, and guess what? A professional more often than not decides that they want those differentiating features.

But yeah, it looks cool too. ;)

[quote=Steve Lynch]man, your hands must hurt after that post.....

I'm gonna hire a secretary to type my anti-Mac FUD responses from now on. =D

Posté Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 4:21 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)