Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet @djkapitalkev : timecode setup

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I read in the other thread, you had some problems.

What soundcard are you using?

Lets get it up and rocking at your pc too ;)

Posté Wed 28 Feb 07 @ 9:31 pm
yes and its not the timecode its me and my stupidity! i have a edirol fa 66 and im using a firewire cardbus on my laptop. I had problems with heavy distortion and high gains but fixed that by turning off the preamps in the virtual dj config and also connecting my rca's to line input on my mixer instead of phono. I was having trouble with both songs playing on the same channel but messed with it and somehow fixed it not sure how though. My problem is now both vinyls work great as far as sound quaity and they are finally both at the same gain level as well but there are dropouts and the one timecode jumps around from 50-100 when i scratch and the other doesnt register at all stays at 0%. it still works just is showing up in the config as 0% and when i hit configure it says it cant find it and try to check the cables but im hearing music and can scratch with it. I also cut off my LAN on my laptop and that helped as well. sorry for the novel. (might be a IRQ issue and im going to change my soundcard settings and increase the buffer because i think i have it set at the lowest)

Posté Wed 28 Feb 07 @ 9:42 pm

k, try this...

1) ground your turntables to the PC
2) go to VDJ soundcard setting, and choose your correct soundcard, ouput (mixer?) and input (timecode)
3) go to VDJ performance tab, and move slider to highest, then set latency to AUTO (Important!)
4) go back to soundcard setting, and choose timecode-config
5) Choose auto-config at VDJ timecode settings (VDJ detects the optimal settings)

does that work better? Should read a constant 100% quality, with two waves, one slightly infront of the other...

When you move, scratch etc on the vinyl, the timecode quality signal will drop, thats normal :)

Posté Wed 28 Feb 07 @ 9:51 pm

also remember that you need STEREO inputs!

Does the Edrol have two stereo ins? I see one (phono/turntable in), but are the rest mic and instrument inputs? (mono)

Posté Wed 28 Feb 07 @ 10:07 pm
You might have luck using BOTH inputs on front for one turntable.... And the other turntable to the phono in at back

Posté Wed 28 Feb 07 @ 10:10 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Man that looks remarkably familiar.

Posté Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 12:01 am
damn that m-audio the same damn thing and about $80 cheaper wish i would have seen that about a month ago. Dj Norway That is the edirol i have! I have one table in the front input the second in the phono in the back and the outputs run to my mixers line inputs. My tables are grounded to the Edirol soundcard. I tried those changes and it has pretty much eliminated the dropouts. still the one TCV isnt being picked up! when i hit (auto config) under time TCV setup it says there is no signal but it is showing the wavefile and im able to scratch and all so its strange. I did notice the waveforms look different. the one working good has the red line fluctuating and the greeen line staying constant but just the opposite on the bad one.

Posté Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 5:31 am
ohh and are you saying that this soundcard want work? because it has instrument inputs in the front? and I am using rca to mono 1/4" plug adapters! could that be the problem.

Posté Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 5:33 am
djkapitalkev wrote :
the one working good has the red line fluctuating and the greeen line staying constant but just the opposite on the bad one.

Try "Reverse stereo" check box

And you need to use BOTH the mono instruments in at the front (two x mono, left/right)
It might work

Posté Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 10:08 am
I am using both the inputs in the front. when i hit auto config it automatically checks the reverse stereo box and the other box next to it and like i said the time code works just fine on both tables It is just reading 0% and i get a pop up box saying it cannot detect TCV on that one side. Backspins without jumping cratching is just like the real thing. I did see someone mention something about tring new needls. I will switch my needle from the working one to this one see if that helps!

Posté Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 5:18 pm

I bet the working one is the phono/turntable in at the back, and the troublesome one is the instrument ins in front.

But since you are seeing green AND red wave on both sides, in timecode configs, you are damn close (means VDJ sees the stereo signal)

The instrument ins, might need a bit of tweaking in timecode settings, and auto config might not be good. Try to move sliders and see if you can get a steady signal.

Also, ground the turntables to the PC....

Worth a try is also the generic asio drivers that are pretty smart at detecting and setting up odd inputs (like mono instrument front), called www.asio4all.com
Totally safe to install and try.

Also, the mic/instrument ins at the front, have several knobs, limiter and settings at the front panel. Try adjusting them, to make sure its a clean good signal.

Hope you strick luck... Might not be the easiest card to use. But should work...

Posté Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 5:46 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)