Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet VDJ crashes!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

First of all I have to say that i've been a loyal atomix fan for months now. And Virtual DJ is even better!

But I've got a problem. After playing the first song and start mixing it to the second song, it goes smoothly. But as soon as the second song is finished, my computer starts to stall. It doesn't stall completely, but it starts to go into a loop with VDJ and i cant do anything else with my Computer. I have to restart. It has happend to me me several times now.

I'm Running a Celeron 1100mhz cpu with 128mb ram and a 40 gig HDD. I cant see that this could be the problem.

Cheers
DJ Twista

Posté Tue 08 Jul 03 @ 11:47 am
mcs-itPRO InfinityMember since 2003
What is your operating system?
If you have the ability to do that, please check the amount of free memory while VDJ is loading the second song.

Posté Tue 08 Jul 03 @ 11:51 am
Well the since ive only got the demo version, i've installed VDJ on two computers. The first message that ive posted, im running Windows 98, Memory usage doesnt go up very much. The second Computer is a AMD Duron 850Mhz with +- 328MB RAM, Windows XP Professional, Sound Blaster Sound Card! But I'm experiencing the same problem on this computer as well.

Got N E sollutions for me?

Cheers
DJ Twista

Posté Tue 08 Jul 03 @ 11:57 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The first system needs more RAM..
the 2nd system probably needs a faster CPU, but I would take it up to 512 of RAM and try that first, you might get lucky.

Posté Tue 08 Jul 03 @ 12:02 pm
Ok I will try that First. But just want to know if there are any other VDJ users that are experiencing the same kinda problem.

Maybe they could assist me in my problem and can come up with another sollution....

Please let me know.

Cheers
DJ Twista

Posté Tue 08 Jul 03 @ 12:06 pm
If you don't play 2 hours long songs, 300+ MB of memory is enough to run VDJ. I think it is more a software problem (not necessarily due to VDJ) than a hardware problem.

Posté Tue 08 Jul 03 @ 1:36 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
the first computer only has 128 meg of ram... I had 256 of ram at one point, and had similar symptoms to what he described. I upped to 512 of ram, and now it runs smoothly.
He should certainly check his system configuration and see what else is trying to run in the background taking up valuable resourses.

Posté Tue 08 Jul 03 @ 2:29 pm
When i start VDJ it use 32 MB memory, after loading a 3 minute mp3 it's memory usage goes to 66 MB, now i loaded 8 minute song to replace the 3 minute song and memory use 121 MB (only with one song loaded all time), then i load a 2 min song and mem usage 56 MB.

So what you can see is that VDJ always take atleast the 30-40 MB and the memory required for loaded songs uncompressed or something.. To make things interesting i now loaded 24 min song = 291 MB mem used, then i loaded same 24 min song also into other deck, and windows decided to send memory used by both into page file.

Posté Tue 08 Jul 03 @ 2:31 pm
QUOTE:The second Computer is a AMD Duron 850Mhz with +- 328MB RAM, Windows XP Professional, Sound Blaster Sound Card! DJ Twista :END QUOTE
QUOTE: DJ Rick
Support team Posted Tue 8 Jul 03 @ 12:02:22

The first system needs more RAM..
the 2nd system probably needs a faster CPU, but I would take it up to 512 of RAM and try that first, you might get lucky. END QUOTE: i could be wrong but i think AMD processers have 3 floating " whatevers " compared to intell which has only 2 floating " whatevers "....this means that whatever has a WMD chip in it be it ram or otherwise is 50 percent faster again than any intel chip....the only drawback is that they run hotter, and the heat sink/fan is/can be loud...maybe dj twista should make sure that his fan/heatsink is working proper....what he has should do the trick ( i think ) lol

Posté Tue 08 Jul 03 @ 3:15 pm
Back to problem no 1! I've Put in 512mb of RAM, and c got the same problem! what else is there to do.......?

Posté Tue 08 Jul 03 @ 3:18 pm
I have Duron 800, 384 MB ram and windows 2000 (it's a dedicated partition which is exclusively for VDJ). Doesn't skip at all .... however Virtually everytime I use it ... it's bound to crash on me. It's starting to get annoying, but im trusting that new versions will be much more stable.

Posté Tue 08 Jul 03 @ 3:19 pm
Well the heatsink/fan is working properly and yes it is fitted correctly.

Can ne 1 tell me how v-scratch
and v-control works? and what does each other do?

Posté Tue 08 Jul 03 @ 3:21 pm
I ve got a pentium4 1700mhz 768 ram geforce3 titanium 200 soundblaster extigy Windows XP home.VDJ consumes 200 meg of ram.The program works fine but when i scratch the program gets lagged (sometimes not always).The worst problem is when i use the beatlock.I hope you ll improve.
Congrtulations for your fantastic program.I used traktor but now i will use VDJ i think you have made the best program to mix. Thankyou!

Posté Tue 08 Jul 03 @ 3:30 pm
I can't use VDJ without it crashing. At least everytime I use I get some sort of error message. The speed is fine, so performance issues ... just keep getting those hexidecimal error messages.

Posté Wed 09 Jul 03 @ 5:17 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)