Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet mixing playlist

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I every body.
Can some body give me a little playlist of r and b/rap/hip hop...
I want this because i want to pratice my beat match

Posté Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 2:35 am
djmaxbuster wrote :
I every body.
Can some body give me a little playlist of r and b/rap/hip hop...
I want this because i want to pratice my beat match

I think the best way for you to learn how to beat match is to find couple of songs that you like, place them in deck A and deck B... push play on deck A, find the first base on deck B... cue it to that spot... push play on deck B when you hear the base line ( on the 1 beat )... if you notice the B deck playing faster of slower then adjust by 1% + -.... And continue this process until it matches base for base, snare for snare. Warning: If you have to adjust the B deck by more than 5%, the song will most likely be warped in the vocals or playing to fast for the average listener to recognize the song as normal

We can give you a list of songs that will sound good together but that will not teach you how to beat match or how to listen to musics which is different than the average person listening.

When you push play, count the beat out loud so you can hear the beats and feel it as well 1,2,3,4 - 2,2,3,4 and so on. Do this for 30 seconds and what ever number you get, double it and theres your BPM.

you can do the same method using the VDJ beat tap but this will not help remember the BPM of a song. ( example.. your playing a song and someone askes you for a request, you take a quick second to play the song in your head and realize that you can play his song in the same mix your performing ) Depending on the song you can have it in the mix withen seconds... That blows peoples minds when you do this.

have fun with practing, practicing, practicing

Listen to your local mix radio station and try to copy his mixes on your own.

Posté Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 8:13 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
when I was first learning how to beatmatch I used two copies of the same LP (I know I'm an old fart) and practiced blending the same song from one TT to the other. Starting with different pitches and places in the song. That way I got the feel for the equipment BEFORE i tried to work two different songs together. It might not be for everyone, but it worked for me.

Posté Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 11:20 pm
I learned on CDJ's but basically the same thing; Pick two songs and watch the bpm counter - match up and listen and tap your foot along with the music and listen for the phrase and the beat to match up.

Spin the jog dail to adjust/fine tune the mix; and to keep it in time if you didn;t match perfectly.

Go back and forth with long slow crossfades to get the hang of blending.

PLay with it, sooner or later you'll get it.

Posté Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 11:27 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)