Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet which codecs for videos?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
I have been using elecard but I'm having problems. The video out looks horrible over a tv. Are there any better codecs? I read somewhere to go to VDJ/codecs and change all to windows media player. If I do that, my videos dont' play. I think they are mostly mpg's and mpeg's. I'll try anything. I have my first real video gig Thurs and I don't like the output.

Posté Wed 02 May 07 @ 8:32 pm

Posté Wed 02 May 07 @ 11:41 pm
Do I need to uninstall others first? If so, how?

Posté Thu 03 May 07 @ 3:50 am
Also, must I do any changes in the VDJ codec section?

Posté Thu 03 May 07 @ 4:40 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Just uninstall them in Add/Remove programs and install new like K-Lite codec pack. After that you should see them in VDJ codecs tab.

Posté Thu 03 May 07 @ 1:54 pm
I found two that I uninstalled. Just for the heck of it, I ran VDJ with mpeg1, mpeg2 & vob and it ran with those two uninstalled, so there must be some there yet.

I installed the standard klite codecs. Must I do some kind of selection in VDJ codec now?

Posté Thu 03 May 07 @ 5:01 pm
Sheesh, OOPS, maybe! i'VE Installed several different codec packs on my machine.
Some contained different things, but I'm sure there qwas a lot of overlap as well,
will there be conflict problems there? Am I in for trouble with some video file types perhaps.

I need guidance?

Posté Thu 03 May 07 @ 5:24 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posté Thu 03 May 07 @ 6:13 pm
I see, cel, but if, let's say, one needs a codec for one type of file that's found in one codec pack and another type of file found in another codec pack, then one would install both packs and may have several
codecs from both packs that would apply to one type of file. Does this create a conflict; Or when decoding, will a "video player" always use the most appropriate one. Or, will having two similar codecs cause problems?

Posté Thu 03 May 07 @ 7:25 pm
I guess what I am really asking does a make a big difference if one just goes ahead and grabs 3 or 4 codec packs and loadsthem all in on top of each other?

Posté Thu 03 May 07 @ 7:27 pm

Posté Thu 03 May 07 @ 7:51 pm
antileon, will it also play mepeg4's?

Posté Thu 03 May 07 @ 10:55 pm
I answered my own question tonight......NO. You still need the 3ivx codec.

Posté Fri 04 May 07 @ 6:44 am
So, the official answer is: Load the Klite pack and the 3ivx packet and we have it all, and there is no overlap between the two, right?

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Or confirm this if this is the correct way to put it?

Posté Fri 04 May 07 @ 2:56 pm
OOps, another question:
"What about the existing codecs that come with Power DVD and windows and that are already existing in the computer? Will they overlap and/or conflict with the codecs that come with klite megapack?

This really needs to be answered and explained?

Thanx for the help from the codec pro's!

Posté Fri 04 May 07 @ 2:58 pm
bawseHome userMember since 2009
Try install this codec pack. Then, in config, change back the settings under codec tab to 'video decoder'.
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm // 3.01 Standard - suits fine.

Reply as things progress, good luck.

i downloaded this...

how do i fix the stuff on the configiration of th virtual dj ?

it keeps telling me ' error ' something about the video codec... need helpppp

Posté Mon 20 Jul 09 @ 2:45 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)