Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet How do I manage my music, Help please

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Now I sort of know how to use VDJ I need some advice on how to manage my music. I don't know whether to create folders for each music genre i.e. house music, pop music and so on or do I create a folder using sub folders and go on artists.

How do other people manage their music.

Any advice would help.

Posté Tue 22 May 07 @ 8:57 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
jimmy b

first of all are your files idtagged if they are hang back as best as you can cos' full id recognition is supposed to be coming to vdj "soon" but there is no definite time scale on when, secondly i personally dont bother with seperate folders i followed the advice of another dj with a lot more experience of vdj unfortunately forgot his name just now and put everything in a folder on my externall hard drive called "music dump" it has'nt done me any harm and still find the tune in a blink of an eye as like others i'm eagerly awaiting idtag recognition which will cure the need for folders anyway, in the meantime i've been filling in the comment field for favorite tunes, genres, year etc bit time consuming but it works and use your search field that way, yet others will advise you not to do this for varying reasons so i would hang fire on any advice/action until you have seen a few more posts...hope this helps...

Tayla

Posté Tue 22 May 07 @ 10:08 pm
I personally put seperate folders: ex... disc 1, disc 2, disc 3 and so on which houses X amount of songs. I never go more than 50 songs per folder. I do this because when I get wedding request or my disc subscriptions or purchased cd collections. This is also how I kept track before the digital scene. I also have a cataloged for back up just in case my computer goes down and I have to switch to CD...

Once again, this is my method.

Posté Tue 22 May 07 @ 11:33 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)