Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet CDJ1000mk3's and timecode: no loop and cue?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

d906560Home userMember since 2007
Hey there,

I have 2 cdj 1000mk3's and a DJM 800 and am now looking for a timecode solution. I have previously worked with Virtual DJ and I prefer it over M Audio Torq's software. I did a setup with a maya-44usb soundcard. However, it seems that even in absolute mode, I can't use loops or cue points on the cdj's. Let alone hot cues or hot loops.

I know that with Torq conectiv, I can use these features when in absolute mode. Same holds true for the more expensive time code solutions Rane Serato Scratch Live and Final Scratch 2 as far as I gathered from info online. Is there a way to make this work with Virtual DJ as well?

I hope somebody can make me happy!!

Posté Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 10:06 pm
Hi. Yes, definately can be done!

Afraid I'm not an expert on timecode stuff, so hopefully sombody else will chime in...

You could check what your timecode signal is like, from the timecode config page (hopefully 100%). If its not though, that could be your problem. Pioneer CD players have quite loud outputs, so it helps some people to lower the volume of the timecode track by 13dB using a wave editor program on the computer, then re-burning the CD.

If it's not that, for the moment, it might be worth just having a play around with the setting within Virtual DJ, try the different modes, check that you've ticked the box for CDs rather than vinyl, play with the smart cue function.

Oh, another thing, make sure that the master tempo on the pioneers is turned OFF, that definately will stop it working properly.

Posté Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 10:53 pm
signal isn't too loud and master tempo is off. The timecodes work fine, just the loops and cues don't, no matter what settings I choose. It just seems to me that it recognizes the timecode, but absolute just doesn't work. It remains relative. The cd box is on, smart cue on or off doesn't seem to make a difference either. Anybody got it working with a setup similar to mine? and if so, can I ask what your settings are?

Posté Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 11:37 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
to confirm , does stratch work?

and is the quality 100%

Posté Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 1:36 am
Scratch works fine and the quality seems perfect to me. Just no cue's and loops from the cdj's..

Posté Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 1:00 pm
Can't understand it. I've got Mk3s and I can loop and cue fine using their controls in absolute mode. Mind you I have had to turn the volume down almost to zero on the timecode inputs on my Maya 44 control panel.

Posté Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 1:28 pm
Ok, I'll try again fiddling with the volume, I tested the volume settings now by using just one deck and double wiring the CDJ (digital & analog) through the DJM. Maybe that was a bit rough, I'll try and report back.

Posté Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 2:39 pm
got it fixed, when I altered the volume settings in the maya control panel it worked. thx.

Posté Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 2:24 am
Glad to hear it.

A

Posté Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 7:21 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Verify that you are in smart mode too if you want to use loops

Posté Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 3:14 pm
Hey Guys,

Im having the same problems as d906560...

Im using the maya44 also, but cant get the loops or que to work, have 100% signal and scratching etc works fine, have played with the maya44 input levels but to no avail...

And I am running in smart mode.

Has anyone got any ideas on this?

Cheers

Dan

Posté Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 5:44 pm
Anyone got any ideas on this?

Cheers

Dan

Posté Fri 09 Jan 09 @ 10:49 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)