Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Scratching over the first drum beat

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Dj AlkiPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Just wondering what the proper way of doing this effectively i see allot of djs doing it before slamming it into the mix usually over 8beats...Is it just couple of baby scratches b4 releasing it into the mix?

Posté Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 12:29 am
really depends on your mood and creativity. its something you just gotta play with really

Posté Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 1:07 am
The first step is to make sure the bpms of both songs are the same. I recommend that you release the beat that you are using to scratch with on the same beat of the song that’s playing. For example: you use the 2nd beat of a bar to scratch with. You would release it on the 2nd beat of any bar for the song that’s playing. Consequently, you have to practice counting the beats for the song that’s playing. However, a much simpler way is to release the song on any downbeat of the song that’s playing. The main thing to remember is if you are scratching with the downbeat, never release it on the upbeat of the song that’s playing. As soon as you release the song that you were scratching with into the mix, cut the lows for the song that’s playing. This helps minimize the clashes with the downbeats if you are a little off.

Another trick is to use an effect on the song that’s playing if you release the other song into the mix off beat—one effect to use is the backspin. For example: You are using the downbeat of a song to scratch with. However, you release it into the mix off beat. You would immediately use the backspin effect on the song that’s playing to take it out of the mix without interrupting the flow of the mix. The best DJ devices to use for practicing this are turntables or cd players with touch sensitive jog wheels.

OO

Posté Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 9:42 am
YekiniHome userMember since 2007
Double O.
Hi, i'm just a new fellow into the dj world and thanx to you guys i have been able to pick quickly. upon all the efforts, i still need some training. if i want to scratch a song do i've to do some settings on the mixer or the equilizer to get the scratch sound. thanx in advance

Posté Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 3:40 am
1 make sure you have a scratch mixer and set the crossfader to cut.

then just practice moving the record or CD deck or mouse back and forth while you use the crossfader to cut the samples up.

Posté Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 5:22 am
YekiniHome userMember since 2007
Thats quite a quike response thanx. This might sound some of funny to some guys out there but you know I'm till a learner. What is scratch mixer and is there any differents from a scratch mixer and the other mixers. How will i know scatch mixer in case i wanna buy one? thanx

Posté Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 5:44 am
A scratch mixer is typically 2 channel and a good one should have adjustable fader curves and tension. I use and love the Mackie d.2, it is very versatile. There should be killer deals on the original if you don't need the newer firewire 'pro' version.

Posté Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 9:58 pm
djnieroHome userMember since 2007
once you select the record of choice you need to spin it up and find the first bass drop of the song. i say listen to the monitor and bounce the bass you hear in the head phones about 4 to 6 times then gently release no adjust the speed of the record to line up bass useing the pitch turn your head phones down so the monitor almost drowns them out once you hear only one bass kick you got it. Now pick upi the need repeat it for the actual mix and dont slam the shit ease it into the room

Posté Sun 22 Jul 07 @ 2:26 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)