Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet VDJ Logo In Skin

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Does anybody (that includes VDJ Support) know how to remove the Virtual DJ from the skin?, Not the video screen but the actual logo on the skin.

Thank you.

Posté Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 12:51 am
You mean on the virtual turntables or the splashscreen when you start the program?

Posté Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 1:02 am
Not the logo in splash screen. I am talking about the Logo sitting mainly in the top left corner of VDJ

Posté Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 1:05 am
What do you mean againt the EULA?, I know what you mean, I just didn't read anything in the terms about the logo from the skin and anyway, I don't want to remove it for putting something else, it's just to distracting for me (Psicological if you want).

Posté Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 1:19 am
But I am just talking about the Skin. Does anyone that creates different skins are tampering with the binaries / End User License?

Posté Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 1:24 am
If you open the Zipfile which the skin is located in and open the XML document in a word processor such as notepad, you will see a line similar to the following:

Quote :
<logo>
<size width="0" height="17"/>
<pos x="19" y="1"/>
</logo>

That line specifies where the logo is, but you cannot remove it or set the co-ordinates to invalid offsets. You can move the logo around, but you cannot remove it. The only way to do so would be via resourcehacker.

Posté Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 1:28 am
in the list for what the skin has to have (made by vdj, a teamer, or anyone else) it has to have the vdj logo on it somewhere or it would not be valid and exepted by the vdj as a downloadable skin jsut cant remember where i seen it. but doing so could be in violation of the terms of agreament and have bad things happen.

Posté Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 2:10 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
The VDJ logo must be in all skins along with a link to the website to be released on our website. Removing the logo tag will invalidate the skin file and it will not work. You'll get an error in line 0.

Posté Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 2:25 am
Andrew87 wrote :
I think link removed may be able to replace it. But you would be going against the EULA, so breaking the terms of your contract.

Posté Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 2:26 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
mmm sounds naughty to me , just make it smaller if it bothers you

Posté Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 7:01 pm
Well, I didn't know that it HAS TO have it. I guess that I go with my marked cow forever. Thank you everybody for your help.

Posté Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 7:07 pm
Whoa Cyder... You went from Corporate to teamer in 2 different posts.

Posté Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 7:22 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
lol that magic man ;)

Posté Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 11:16 am
I think the wrong post of mine magically disappeared from the server.

Posté Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 5:27 pm
sorry guys had to put the crop hat on for a minute. Anytime anything official or policy wise is in question I have to do that.

Posté Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 10:51 pm
Andrew87 wrote :
I think the wrong post of mine magically disappeared from the server.

It involves an illegal hack, and change of code, and is a direct violation of the EULA.

We ask you to respect the Eula, and leave the logo in.
And please dont share ways on breaking the Eula, by removing the logo.

Thanks

Posté Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 11:09 pm
I understand that completely, I just didn't explain my post properly. I made a post briefly explaining what the EULA was which if I remember correctly didn't have any links in it. Cyder then quoted my original post with the url removed, but this post actually still remained visible to users with the link intact. I probably could have done without using the word magically and then maybe it would have been clearer what I meant. I see that this post with the link in it has now been removed / or hidden, which I have no problem with.

Posté Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 11:43 pm

All is cool ;)

It was only upped since it was a link to a tool that hacks the exe file:)

No worries Andrew

Posté Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 11:46 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Thank you so much

Topic locked

Posté Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 2:34 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)