Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet HELP!! Fast Track Pro - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

I have a real problem with my fast track pro. I have a Mac Book Pro 2.33ghz core 2 duo with 2 gigs of memory. I run any other program and the sound is great!! I run virtual and it gives me some funky noises and the sound sounds like it is 3 miles away!! and there is a terible sound associated with it. HELP PLEASE I have been waiting for an answer from Virtual Staff for a week now and they don't seem to have an answer. I love this program but I need to be running off a mixer and I can't because if the sound!

TIA

Josh

Posté Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 5:02 pm
JoshsJams1 wrote :
I love this program but I need to be running off a mixer

Ok, I'll do my best to guide you in the right direction. 1st, are you trying to use timecode or just the mixer?

Posté Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 5:36 pm
Just the mixer. I don't know how to use timecode stuff. But I guess I could. I am using a CD MIX3

Posté Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 8:19 pm
josh...put your headphones in your macbookpro....do you still hear the same sound? If not then it's that cdmix3. Also check your "sound setup" in your config menu of vdj

Posté Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 9:03 pm
I will try that. But every other program sounds fine (quicktime, I tunes, etc.) that is why I think it is software

Posté Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 9:59 am
I tried and the sound is great through the headphones jack!! Then why does the sound card sound like this! I am so at my wits end. I love my MAC book pro sooo much but this is sooooo frustraiting me. Maybe I am hooking it up wrong???? Can you tell me where my outputs should be and such. Maybe I am just a moron!

Posté Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 5:58 pm
PLEASE help meeeeee!!!

Posté Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 3:04 pm
not too familiar with the console ur using...is it a 4 chan. mixer? or just has one selection for aux input?...ur using the numark dual cd console right?

Posté Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 8:24 pm

Posté Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 2:58 pm
It isn't the mixer though because when I run other programs (Quicktime, MegaSeg, etc) the sound is AMAZING. Only in Virtual DJ does the sound sound bad! Virtual DJ has no answer so they told me to post on here cuz they don't know what is up!

Posté Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 4:08 pm
I'm not familiar with your hardware but I'll see if I can help:...if all other apps sound fine and vdj sounds fine pre fast track then it must have to do with the settings in vdj. Please post
your output settings in vdj.

Posté Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 4:32 am
Surely, actually after playing around with with my rig last night in my warehouse, I received a two new problems. 1) The left VDJ deck would only play the left channel of the song out of the left speaker (and the same for the right player deck) and 2) About an hour into playing around, i noticed the song would cut out and the volume would get really low for a while.

My settings:
VDJ:
Inputs: None
Outputs: External Mixter (Going to a Mackie 1402 - IMAGE TO MIXER: http://jerrys-music.com/catalog/images/1402vlzpro.jpg )
Sound Card: Mono Separated
Master Channels 1&2, Headphones 3 & 4

Mixer:
I have 4 RCA to Stereo 1/4" going from the back of the fast track pro ( http://www.m-audio.com/images/en/callouts/big/fasttrackpro_front-rear.jpg )
Outputs 1&2 on the FTP going into channels 11/12 on the mixer & Outputs 3&4 on the FTP going into 13/14 on the mixer.

Can anyone lend a hand?

Posté Sat 29 Sep 07 @ 4:23 pm
ok...let's see if i can figure this one out 4 u....first, by your description above, you are only using one output source? please tell me how your setup is from your Laptop to the Fast track. Also, what kind of wires or adapters you are using.

Posté Wed 03 Oct 07 @ 3:32 am
Thanks,

From the laptop to the FTP, It's strictly USB. From the FTP to the Mixer, I have 4(four) RCA->Stereo 1/4 inchers. Outputs 1/2 on the FTP go to one channel on the mixer and outputs 3/4 on the FTP go to another channel on the mixer.

Posté Thu 04 Oct 07 @ 5:45 pm
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I know it's been awhile since anyone has responded to this post, but I'm having the same problem. Just wondering if a fix was ever found. Thanks.

Posté Sat 24 Nov 07 @ 4:58 am
hkd987PRO InfinityMember since 2007
just play with the sound settings till it works for you i had the same problem but i had the sound settings set wrong

Posté Sat 24 Nov 07 @ 6:01 am
you ever get that thing going...if not i think i see ur prob.

Posté Thu 20 Dec 07 @ 2:25 am
hkd987PRO InfinityMember since 2007
ok try this

input none
output external mixer
sound card 4.1 card
driver (your sound card here)
output left deck 1/2 right deck 3/4

Posté Thu 20 Dec 07 @ 1:04 pm
I have the same problem...
I have my MacBook plugged on the Fast Track Pro with USB
And the Fast Track Pro is plugged with a RCA cable on a regular stereo just for test.

My Virtual DJ is set like this:
Inputs: none
Output: Headphones
Sound card(s): 2 cards
Driver 1: M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Driver 2: M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Output Channels: Master: First Card / Headphones Second Card

And the sound is really really bad...

I know for sure:
it's not a problem with my macbook,
it's not a problem with my fast track pro
it's not a problem with any cable
it's not a problem with the stereo

How i know this:
the same set up on my pc notebook works fine.
if i change the setup on the virtual dj on my mac to "single output" and drive 1 to M-Audio fast track pro the sound is great.
If i use the same things on the software Ableton Live on my mac/pc the sound is great...

What is the problem:
On my PC, on the driver options there is: "M-Audio Fast Track Pro 1/2" and "M-Audio Fast Track Pro 3/4"
On my mac there is only one option: "M-Audio Fast Track Pro"

I have the latest driver for the Fast Track Pro but it's still the same.
So it must me something with Virtual DJ...
Does anyone know how can I make it work properly?
I want to use 1/2 and 3/4 so I can use headphones to preview stuff...

Posté Thu 27 Nov 08 @ 4:53 pm
Hey I've just found out!!! So I'll post the answer here for others with this same problem.

Input: None or whatever you're using
Output: Headphones
Soundcards: 4-out card
Driver 1: M-Audio Fast Track Pro USB
Output channels: Master: Chan 1&2 / Headphones: Chan 3&4

(remember to press the A/B button next to the phone jack on your Fast Track)

You'll hear on the headphones the active deck.

I hope this was useful.

Thanks!!

Posté Thu 27 Nov 08 @ 5:30 pm
95%