Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Is it Vista?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

DJWBHome userMember since 2007
I've been playing with VDJ for about a month, and have all good things to say about it. I have just one concern, and it may just be the OS. Im running vista on a gateway tower (about 2 months old), that is pretty much up to date with accessories ( 2gigs of ram, large HD, good video card w/mem). I've been making noise for quite some time (24 years) so I've complied quite a bit of music and recentty a modest collection of vob's. They are all running off 3 maxtor externals (firewire400). My problem is on video play (of course more demanding on the machine). I can play audio (mp's) for days (as long as I can stay awake and on my feet) and VDJ just keeps loading and playing. But, twice now I've had the computer go to blue screen, shut down, and then restart (asking me if to restart in normal mode). Now, the first time, I have to say, I was leaning on it, in other words, I was cueing videos, looping, running slide shows, transitions back and forth between the two decks, just going nuts. It ran fine for about 15 minutes of this and then said, SEE YA, bang! Ok, so now last night I did about 3 hours with about 60% audio and 40% video and all worked well. I did'nt go crazy on it, just simple blends, some sampling, and a simple fade transition when I video mixed. Everything worked well, feeding from the external drives to the tower out to my monitor and also to my Flat screen. For the last 1/2 hour, I did no mixing. I just loaded a video, let it play, when it ended, I just loaded another one and hit play. About 6 videos into it, Blue screen, Crash, SEE YA, bang! So tell me, is it a vista thing (timing out), or is my machine just out of strength after a couple of hours. No big deal, I could always reboot (to avoid the crash) while using my denon decks till everything (VDJ) is back up, but is this neccassary?

Posté Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 3:39 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I think you are seeing a 'heat' issue. Can you be more specific on your configuration as well - brand (make model) video card? RAM on Vid Card?
Are you using the internal sound chip?

And is this still the demo you are using ?

Posté Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 3:52 pm
This is the full version. It is licensed to my boss (the owner) of our production. I am the primary user (Lead DJ) so, I know the headaches and am more suitable to discussing the issues. It is a fairly new machine with a dual core 2+ prcr, 2 gigs of Ram, Windows Vista, 200 video mem, and about 375 gigs free HD running VDJ 5. As mentioned before, I'm thinking it's a PC or OS issue, but without sounding like I'm answering my own question, I just wanted to know if anyone one else has reported a crash related to over use, or video. Again, running MP3's can go forever, but Videos feed seems to blank out after a couple of hours. I just wanted to make sure there were no updates or pactches out there that I need. I'm going to try the cheap route (Fan) and see if that does it, but I'm going to be pesamistic (realistic) and think it might call for a OS change or maybe verison VDJXXX bit 64 (like in 2 years). Whadda ya think?

Posté Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 1:26 am

Blue screen in Windows is a hardware or driver issue (NOT releated to VDJ directly, but your PCs hardware and its OS & Drivers).

Can you force reproduce the blue screen,and quickly write down the error dll or driver ? It says where it crashed (Windows).

A wild guess, is that your PC has an IRQ conflict, that gets to a crash, when using VDJ EXTENSIVLY (= many interrupts to the CPU).

If you can post the error in the blue screen, it will be easier to post suggestions for a fix :)

Posté Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 1:42 am
Ok , I'll try my best at capturing the culprit. Won't be til end of week, but I will repost. Thanks for the follow up to this point. What would we do without forums??? Too bad there is'nt one, for day to day problems, like avoiding a delay at Newark airport tomorrow!!

Good Week to ya all

Posté Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 3:37 am
yarisoHome userMember since 2008
I think I'm start having the same problem as you.... I'm Runing Vista on Acer Aspire 4720z featuring the Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 358 MB of Intel Dynamic Video Memory,The DirectX 10-capable NVIDIA 1 8400M G with 128 MB of dedicated GDDR2 VRAM and up to 1 GB TurboCache.... I been Using VDJ more than a month....NOW after the splash screen/loading screen My computer crashs or reboot it self. I did couple researches and most people recommended to update my video card driver so I did so but nothing changed....I know vista had couple unusual crashes but why on the virtual dj...and by the way I haven't run any videos what so ever...HELP PLEASE.....

Posté Sat 13 Dec 08 @ 3:51 am
A blue screen is almost always a driver issue. You can look through the systems event log to try and see if any of the system dlls is the culprit, the first thing I would try is updating the graphics card driver as this problem only occurs when you're mixing video. Depending on your computer literacy you may also consider a bios update and chipset driver update, but perhaps it is a heat issue.

yariso are you using a properly licensed version of the product? The demo doesn't last more than 20 days, you can try uninstalling your current version and install the latest demo from here
http://www.virtualdj.com/download/trial.html

Posté Sat 13 Dec 08 @ 12:30 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)