Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet WMA Files only half size?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

DJ RieHome userMember since 2004
Hi - I'm new to VDJ and obtained a copy with the Hercules DJ Console I bought. All my MP3s on the computer are fine but unfortunately, the WMA files only register and play for exactly half of their length in VDJ ( i.e a 7min song registers as 3min 30 secs and only plays that amount before ending), even though they are fine in Media Player. I have searched the forums but can't find anyone else with this problem - any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Rob

Posté Mon 01 Nov 04 @ 8:45 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Make sure you are running the newest version of windows media player, 9 series..

Posté Mon 01 Nov 04 @ 10:03 pm
DJ RieHome userMember since 2004
I am running Media Player 10 - could this be the problem?

Posté Tue 02 Nov 04 @ 11:28 am
djsprayHome userMember since 2004
Same problem here. Any help would be appreciated.

Posté Fri 19 Nov 04 @ 10:55 pm
Hi all!!
I have also the same problem...How can we have the entire file detected (in .wma).... Do we have to convert them in MP3? Thank you
Bye

Posté Sat 20 Nov 04 @ 3:17 am
Hello,
can anyone help with the above? I have exactly the same problem and its causing issues and giving me 'frown' lines

Is it a problem with media player 10?

I've tried to reinstall version 9 of the media player but it won't let me as its got the more up to date version of 10 on the system.

Hence I'm stuck

Please somebody help

Thankyou

Jamster

Posté Wed 24 Nov 04 @ 7:29 pm
I have a problem with WMA too. Virtual DJ don't recognize WMA files even if they don't carry DRM.

I have Media Player 10, impossible to install Media 9. I reinstall the media 9 codecs, reintall Windows Media 10, but the problem is still there.

Posté Thu 23 Dec 04 @ 6:40 am
Yeah- I had that problem as well- i found that the only way to fix this problem is to make all your wmas into mp3s. It's a pain, but its all you can do. I had about 3000 songs all in WMA. Advanced MP3 converter works wonders.

Posté Sun 26 Dec 04 @ 10:39 pm
Thats right its the only way just convert to mp3 you will gain memory anyways and the sound difference
is not really noticible depending on the bit rate
Here is another tip (use winamp instead of media player)too many reasons to list
Media player is good for the beginner
Most of us use winamp as a back up to VDJ
Regards
Andre

Posté Tue 28 Dec 04 @ 1:47 pm
Here is the solution to your problems. Assumingly, those of you who are having this problem have windows XP and probably SP2. When SP2 was installed on computers, Windows Media Player 10 was an automatic update (but not necessary). If you don't have SP2, you have updated to Windows Media Player 10.

The solution: Rollback Windows Media Player

HOW?
Go to your control panel "START" "CONTROL PANEL"
In control panel select "ADD & REMOVE PROGRAMS"
At the top, you will see a box that says, "SHOW UPDATES" check it
Now scroll down until you see Windows Media Player 10
Click "REMOVE" this will roll you back to WMP 9.

Problem Solved.

Posté Sun 09 Jan 05 @ 8:07 pm
My previous post was a mis-speak. This DOES NOT correct the problem. I confirmed on various DJ's computers. The problem does NOT exist UNTIL you analyze a file. Before you analyze it, it plays normally. If you use the "ANALYZE" feature, it changes the file and ONLY analyzes 1/2 of the file. I'm working on finding a solution to by-pass.... I'm thinking a reinstall may be in order, but will try a few things first and post back.

Posté Sun 09 Jan 05 @ 8:55 pm
Okay, If you uninstall and reinstall Virtual DJ, you can reclaim your WMA files (confirmed on two DJ's laptops). I just bought the Hercules DJ console and haven't played with that aspect of it yet... I got involved because some friends who are DJs had problems.

If you uninstall and reinstall, the database will clear. Perhaps a technical support person from Atomix will point out an easier way of clearing this.

When you reinstall DO NOT "ANALYZE" any of your WMA files. They will load into the trays fine and give you the BPMs there, then they will log those BPMs and NOT change the length of time on the song. ONCE YOU ANALYZE the song, it's done.

This is just a workaround, but I thought since I was helping someone else, I'd post it here.

Posté Sun 09 Jan 05 @ 9:15 pm
One last thing, work around works with Windows Media 9 or 10 installed.

Posté Sun 09 Jan 05 @ 9:16 pm
PCGumshoe is correct. I also have/had this problem and the solution he posted does work. I have tried to delete the database file and still had the problem. The fix is to uninstall/reinstall VDJ. Like he said, do not analyze your files, drag them to the player and they will be analyzed their and not have half the song chopped. I do hope this gets fixed as I have a lot of songs that are wma.

Posté Mon 10 Jan 05 @ 11:55 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)