Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet slow on starting a new music!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

LocutosPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hello! I just bought an apple macbookpro 2.4 yesterday and installed VDJ butt to my surprise it isn't working correctly! Waht I noticed is that when I drag and drop a new music to the deck it slows for a second or two! My other machine is a simple penthium 4 - 2,4 GHZ and it isn't happening This laptop is very recent!!! Is it a bug off VDJ???

Posté Thu 08 Nov 07 @ 12:41 am
maholHome userMember since 2006
Are you using an external hard drive? if yes, that is probably why you are getting slow upload of tracks to your decks.

MAC has read-only capabilities on a hard drive in NTFS format (which happens to be a common used format on windows your pentium 4???)

I have the same issue, if the song is really long 7 - 9 mins long it can take up to 15-20 seconds to load !!! i have a 3 week old macbook with 4gb ram so its not that.

It has to be related to my external hard drive. I believe if you format a hard drive to FAT 32 MAC and Windows will read it but there are limitations i.e. file sizes etc, so read up. you will lose your data so back it up!!! or just by a new external hard drive (many are shipped in FAT 32 format)

if your not using an external hard drive then, i don't know.

Posté Mon 27 Oct 08 @ 12:06 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
mahol wrote :
I have the same issue, if the song is really long 7 - 9 mins long it can take up to 15-20 seconds to load !!! i have a 3 week old macbook with 4gb ram so its not that.

Hi mahol, kindly registered ur serial at ur modify ur profile n updates to recent V5.2.1. Thanks;)

Posté Mon 27 Oct 08 @ 12:09 pm
I was having the same problems. I was questioning reformatting my NFTS external hard drive. Will that make a big difference? what are the pros and cons of reformatting it Thanks guys

Posté Mon 27 Oct 08 @ 5:12 pm
xonorPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I always recommend to use FAT32 to have read/write access.
If you plan to use it only in Mac OS X, maybe you have to choose "mac os plus".

Anyway, I always recommend to use the internal drive 'cause the performance is the best.

That is the reason for which I am going to change my internal drive from 200Gb to 320Gb.

Posté Tue 28 Oct 08 @ 3:11 pm
VOG_PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have noticed that when you change the codec for mp3 to quick time you can no longer access the ID3 tags

Posté Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 6:20 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)