Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Automix with DMX01USB?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi everyone, thanks in advance for the advice. I have a DXM01USB mixer and am getting ready to buy the latest version of VirtualDJ. However, I sometimes have to rely on the automix functionality, and I'm trying to figure out how the automix in VDJ 5 will work with the DMX01? Does the crossfade have to be done manually with the mixer, or will VDJ automix and if so how do you configure the mixer to make this happen? Thanks!

Posté Sun 03 Feb 08 @ 12:38 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
No, the Auto mix now is done from one side of the skin only, so no need to work the crossfader. If it were still going back and forth all you would need to do is set the fader on the DXM01 in the center. Remember the DXM01 is NOT a midi device, so the crossfader in VDJ can be disabled by using the config menu.

Posté Sun 03 Feb 08 @ 1:01 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Automix and using an external mixer are two opposite routes really if you intend to just automix perhaps a soundcard like the DJ/io would be more suitable for you.

Posté Sun 03 Feb 08 @ 1:37 pm
Thank you for the quick responses! I haven't ruled out using the DJ/IO instead, but I am trying to figure out how to mix a wireless mic on the DJ/IO and VDJ 5. Since the mic and the main output are both on line 1, how do you fade music and use the mic at the same time with DJ/IO? Thank you for your help...

Posté Sun 03 Feb 08 @ 2:15 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well you could in that case just use the Numark Dmx01 or a potentially cheaper option , use a standard mixer like the NUMARK DM950 with the DJ/io

using outputs 1/2 for one channel on the mixer and 3/4 for the other and plugging the mic reciver into the mixer

and that way if you want to mix with the external mixer you can or you can just leave the crossfader in the middle.

Posté Sun 03 Feb 08 @ 3:02 pm
skyfxl wrote :
Well you could in that case just use the Numark Dmx01 or a potentially cheaper option , use a standard mixer like the NUMARK DM950 with the DJ/io

using outputs 1/2 for one channel on the mixer and 3/4 for the other and plugging the mic reciver into the mixer

and that way if you want to mix with the external mixer you can or you can just leave the crossfader in the middle.

The 950 actually has a USB soundcard option. I prefer the DXM01, either way Simon is correct.

Posté Sun 03 Feb 08 @ 7:20 pm
kolosoHome userMember since 2004
hi everyone. i just bought a numark dm950usb but i don't know how to configure virtual dj so that i can use it. please help. thnx

Posté Sun 05 Oct 08 @ 7:23 pm
The 950 sets up the same way as the DXM01.....

Posté Sun 05 Oct 08 @ 8:35 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)