Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Usuários do Brasil/Portugal (Existem tantos suficentes para um fórum?) Portuguese/Brazilian Users (Are there enough of you for a forum) [PORTUGUESE FORUM REOPENED] - Page: 3

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Anyone know how many Portuguese users we have?

I only see two guys here asking for it and that is not enough to justify a forum.

Posté Sat 11 Apr 09 @ 12:27 pm
mp3jrick wrote :

I only see two guys here asking for it and that is not enough to justify a forum.

More than 200 Millions speak Portugies in the World, only for this a Forum is justyfying.
The most Brazilian can not read and understand other languages.

Tell me how I can explain to a portugies speaking Person that when he buy VirtualDJ theire will become suppport if nothing have here in the Forum that he can understand ?

You have more possibility to see how much Users are buying VirtualDJ from Countrys how speaking Portugies.
What I say is that in der Web existing a unofficial Virtual DJ Forum with more than 32'000 Users !

Setup Now this Portugies Forum and you will see how many User will come and you will win.

If This Groups are reasons, then a Portugies Forum have also is reason.

Asian Forum 350 Posts since Sat 16 Aug 08 @ 9:43 pm

Balkan Forum 885 Posts since Tue 17 Jul 07 @ 7:03 pm

Nordic Forum 976 Posts Sun 07 Dec 08 @ 2:25 pm

Nice Eastern to ALL

MIKE

Posté Sun 12 Apr 09 @ 8:25 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
but the question was how many vdj users...

Posté Sun 12 Apr 09 @ 8:39 am
The language pack download tells the story, but one odd thing.

BRASILEIRO VirtualDJ 5.1
Author: nando_becker
Nb downloads: 45 185
Created for VirtualDJ version 5.1

Português europeu V5.2
Author: po1725
Nb downloads: 197
Created for VirtualDJ version v5.2

Posté Sun 12 Apr 09 @ 9:03 am
mp3jrick wrote :

@mp3jrick]

You have given yourself the Answer with the next post here:

mp3jrick wrote :
The language pack download tells the story, but one odd thing.

BRASILEIRO VirtualDJ 5.1
Author: nando_becker
Nb downloads: 45 185 Created for VirtualDJ version 5.1

Português europeu V5.2
Author: po1725
Nb downloads: 197
Created for VirtualDJ version v5.2

I don't know the story, this say to me that you ignore more than 45 tausend portugies speaking persons.

I don't can believe that all are NLU's.
And second if they download this packuages is to understanding the software in they languages.

Okay for me is here the End of posting something. I don't want beg you more to open a portugies forum. I have other things to do in my life and playing music to enjoy the people.
I speak German, French, English and Portugies and I am a licenced User, traveling over the world, living in Brazil and Switzerland.

Read the Story from beginging here, first Post was Posted Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 5:35 am. What I not like is that you not give a answer last year. To read this more than one year later is a shame. Tell speedy53 from beginning that you don't want open this forum and that's it.

Nice to read you mp3jrick and bye

Mike

Posté Mon 13 Apr 09 @ 3:54 pm
Speedy53PRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2008
Yes, there are thousands portuguese speaking users. And a few users registered. But I ask you: Is that the same old history all over the world? So, in Europe and USA all users are registered. (laughs, please)
This guys are sharing information out there, and they never will take part in a forum where nobody can understand them. Except the 2 guys that were trying to open this team eyes.
Somebody up there tried to write that "we are only a lot of software thieves crying to attention". But could not go right to the point.
OK, no more crying. I'm tired to beg, tired to read excuses, tired of this post, and tired to spend my time here.

Please, somebody do me a favour and close this post.

Posté Tue 14 Apr 09 @ 1:36 pm
You guys are clueless as to what my point was but are just on the attack.

First of all let me say that I live in PREDOMINATELY PORTUGUES AREA OF THE US, New Bedford Mass.

Most of the people here are Portuguese.

The point I was trying to make if you really want to understand it and me was that the language downloads are seriously lop sided (uneven) between 5.1@45k and 5.2 at 197.
That is what I thought was odd.
Language packs are available for all users licensed or not, so the count means nothing with respect to who is licensed or not.

Now lets have a show of hands on this, that is fair.
You can't really expect us to create a forum for 2 people.
Maybe you should start a poll to see who is out there and interested.

If you get people I am all for it, but you gotta have people or it makes no sence.

I can tell you that we don't run into this problem or language barrier in eservice/support, and that is an indicator also.

Posté Tue 14 Apr 09 @ 2:16 pm
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I want to say just 2 words about this topic:
I put myself in a Portuguese user shoes who knows only Portuguese language. I would like to understand how that user can write in this forum to say "I want a Portuguese forum" if that user doesn't speak English at all!

Maybe the right thing to do should be skim through the Atomix files and seeing how many people paid for getting VDJ software where the Portuguese is spoken and after that Atomix can state:
- "there are enough users who speak in Portuguese so we can open a Portuguese forum"
- "there aren't enough users who speak in Portuguese so we don't need to open a Portuguese forum"

Anyhow, if after this thorough analysis Atomix opens Portuguese forum and after a few months there aren't so many people who post in that forum, I think is not so difficult to close this forum.

P.S: this analysis should be done even on CUE and Virtual Vinyl licences since this is the main forum to talk about all these three softwares together.

This is my view.

Posté Tue 14 Apr 09 @ 2:42 pm

We might make a Portugese forum again.
We did have that here before, but as someone already touched, it lost control, and ended as a warez and illegal activity place.
It didnt work, sorry.

But we might try again sometime later, if we find/discover some good people around here, that could serve as dedicated moderators etc.

Language forums and other forums are constantly being considered, and will be added if seen fit and possible to manage.

Simple as that ;)

Posté Tue 14 Apr 09 @ 3:28 pm
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
That can be a good start.

I can't realize how that forum could be a place where to share illegal informations. Maybe there is not a moderator.

Posté Tue 14 Apr 09 @ 3:41 pm
This is quite a long story to read about.

I see there are people willing to look after a Portugese/Brazilian forum.
I would support them if i could speak Portugese, but i cant.
But in saying that, I would give them support if they can moderate the forum, and if they need our help (in english) then id be happy to help them.

My second language is Polish, but i dont know if i would have the time to run a Polish speaking suport forum, though...

Posté Tue 14 Apr 09 @ 5:37 pm
mp3jrick
Yes, you are absolutely right.
Theres really no sence to open a portuguese forum.

Sischo
You are right about the two points. Everybody all over the world can understand English and theres no sufficient registered users in Brazil, as I wrote above. So, thats why I agree with mp3jrick.

dj-in-norway
Yes, its simple and logic.
Us, the portuguese speaking peolpe, just wants a forum to share illegal material. If we don't have a moderator to block it, we can't open the forum. Nobody wants responsability, and theres no one that atomix team can trust to moderate who speaks portuguese, so theres no "team-blessed" moderator to this forum. The forum will keep closed untill this "responsible-team-blessed-guy" shows his face.
By the other hand, as user, I would think: Well, the things in VirtualDJ website are hard to understand. Lets move to another area and become members of VirtualDJ unofficial networks. So we'll have a place to do what the official site gurus cant do about us. Its simple, too (and easier to happen than the first probability).
So, I think fewer Brazilian users will accesss the official website, and with less users, less registered ones. With no licensed and experienced users, who can you trust to be a moderator? The chances to obtain a moderator and consequently, start a portuguese forum will decrease, untill that will be zero equal.

Please, sombody there: Close this topic.

Posté Tue 14 Apr 09 @ 9:22 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Speedy53 wrote :
Please, sombody there: Close this topic.

Speedy, forum policy is only to close a topic as a last resort. Three Teamers have posted so far. If they felt the need to close it they would have done so. Hang in their my friend..

Posté Tue 14 Apr 09 @ 10:08 pm
TearEmUp
I'm only asking about this, cause I really bellive that the topic point will never be reached. And before this topic becomes a never endig discuss place, why dont close it?
Its just 2 guys makin noise, as mp3jrick wrote. Dont you agree?

Posté Tue 14 Apr 09 @ 10:15 pm
Speedy
You don't need to be that way about it.
Not once did I express 2 guys making noise, I've only asked you do a poll to gather others that are interested, instead you continue this rant.
If you are genuine you will do this.

I am changing the thread title for this purpose and await more users who are interested.

Posté Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 5:34 am
u guys should also post this in the Spanish Forum..i see alot of brazilians that go thru there...

Posté Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 10:10 am
mp3jrick
I appreciate your concern, but think thats a waste of time to ask in English for users who dont reads English. Suppose if you are in India and find something wrote in Hindi. Would you read it?
And more: the pool was already done. I did it one year ago, by searching old related topics for registered portuguese speaking users, and in the users map. I sent private messages to every portuguese speaking user who I could localize (about 50, I think) to support me in this topic. And got only 6 replys, that are registered in the last pages.
After this, I tried to sensitize the team about the pontecial of that forum. It didnt work, either.
And even if one thousand users post that needs a forum, theres will always be the question about who can be the all-trusted-portuguese-speaking moderator.
What really bored me is the team's silence. Just a simple "NO" would be enough. In the last weeks, for all that I saw here, I realized that the forum wil never exist.
So I quit.
I dont know why Im still here, maybe to do what I asked for all this time: trying to answer (with my kindergarten english rant) your questions. Sorry if Im so annoying.
Hope this can be the last one. And hope this topic can be closed.

Posté Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 12:10 pm
Well, not all hopes are lost...
Count me in for a portuguese forum!

I´m dj for 12 years now, and registered as limited edition, but been using VDJ for 3 years now as... well, you know... (pleeeease guys, don´t judge! things in brasil are really expensive, and when I could, I DID buy a legal one, the Total Control - and someday the pro is on it´s way - just please don´t judge, I´m being sincere that´s all! Most people here isn´t, you know that)

Anyway, I just use VDJ because I can read english, cause there are so many glitches with controllers, or TCV, the ones that speak only portuguese just give up! A portuguese forum could REALLY help them.

Now, about the users, I just clicked on Community - Users Network, and found over 500 users only on the southeast of Brasil (Rio, São Paulo, Minas, and Espírito Santo). If the graph was able to show more, I´m sure there would be more.

Just wishing to help.

Posté Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 12:56 pm
Ivan
Dos 500, dá pra contar nos dedos de uma só mão os licenciados. Acho que pra Atomix, não-licenciados são café-com-leite e não entram na conta....rs A primeira coisa que um não licenciado lê quando posta no fórum, é "compre o programa". Já viu, né?

Posté Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 1:12 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Speedy53 wrote :
mp3jrick
I appreciate your concern, but think thats a waste of time to ask in English for users who dont reads English.

Would you be so kind as to give us the thread title in Portuguese? We can change the name of the thread to read correctly in both languages...

Posté Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 1:28 pm
75%