Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet New years eve party last night with VDJ 2.06

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I did a new years eve party last night with VDJ 2.06 and a Numark CD Mix-2 as a backup on standby. The results were positive -- VDJ ran flawless and did *NOT* crash the entire night. The program performed very well and I am quite happy. This is the first time I have had such luck at a live gig.

1st theory: All of the times I have had trouble with VDJ have been when using the built-in effects or scratching heavily with a controller. Last night I stuck to simply beat matching. No effects, no scratching. Repeat after me: No scratch, no Crash.

2nd theory: Recently I changed over to Windows 2000 Professional in place of Windows XP. The system does take longer to start-up than XP, but seems to work well with less bells and whistles.

3rd theory: The lunar longitude and latitude (planetographic coordinates) of the sub-Earth and sub-solar points on the Moon, the phase (the fraction of the area of the apparent disk that appears illuminated), and the angular diameter of the disk in arcseconds were all in line last night. ;-)

Happy New Year
Looking forward to VDJ 2.07!
WirelessDJ

Posté Sat 01 Jan 05 @ 9:32 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
4st theory: Virtualdj is designed to run better in 2005 ...
All bugs are automatically fixed, since the first day of the new year...

P.S. This is per user setting.
Vdj was ok for me in 2004...

Posté Sat 01 Jan 05 @ 10:34 am
For the 1st time on new years eve I used the VDJ on a live event and I'm now very happy, NO CRASHS, NO START-UPS, just smooth mixing, and a lot o people interested in the program.
So far I have always used the ATOMIX MP3 version, but from today onwards VDJ will be my prime program for any gig.
Boys keep up the good work, and HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY.

Posté Sat 01 Jan 05 @ 11:45 am
It was all good for me also no nothing vdj performed like a charm..thank you vdj
Best regards
Andre

Posté Sat 01 Jan 05 @ 2:41 pm
I had a locked up at 1am. The mouse pionter would move but I could not click on anything and could not ctrl,alt.del.I had to hard reset then reconfigure sound settings. the rest of the night was fine.

I had a perfect run for 4 hours.

Posté Sat 01 Jan 05 @ 7:08 pm
The frozen screen lockup after about 5 hrs. of use is something that I'm still dealing with. I don't have a clue as to what is causing it.

Posté Sat 01 Jan 05 @ 8:25 pm
Not a`single crash for me since 2.06,
6 days a week (6 hours sets..)

Posté Sat 01 Jan 05 @ 9:34 pm
Same for me , since i got VDJ purchade (2.01) NEVER had a crush. And i "work" at list 5 hours per day with it.

Posté Sun 02 Jan 05 @ 2:10 pm
azawakhHome userMember since 2004
Longest gigs sofar, 11 hours in july and 7 in december, not even a hickup. Have seen another program, not VDJ, crash in the middle of the first song at a consert, it took him 10-15 min to get restarted ;-) He was playing in the brakes between the bands.

Posté Sun 02 Jan 05 @ 3:05 pm
let me guess... pcdj FX?.. (red was stable)

Posté Sun 02 Jan 05 @ 9:38 pm
azawakhHome userMember since 2004
I think it was BPM Studio. I tried it before I bought DJ Mixstation but it was too complicated and expensive, I tried 12-15 different programs before I bought anything, and then I ended up here;-)

Posté Mon 03 Jan 05 @ 8:28 am
I used VirtualDJ for New Years Eve gig too ;)

And all I can say is that 3rd theory seems accurate :) loool

Posté Mon 03 Jan 05 @ 10:25 am
cyberiaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I did too! VDJ lasted longer than I did (too many rum-and-cokes).

Thanks for all the tips and support I get on this forum. The info is truly invaluable!

Posté Mon 03 Jan 05 @ 11:14 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)