Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet XP10 vs TCV?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

al0000PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello,

I currently use the DMC-1 with VDJ, which actually works ok.

But i want something better :)

I'm between the XP10's and TimeCoded vinyl. I currently do not own turntables.

So what would you suggest?

two XP10's...or 2 new Numark turntables with timecoded vinyls?

Posté Sun 02 Jan 05 @ 5:16 pm
HannepPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If u could afford a pair of xp-10ns then i think u coul boy both of ev ( i know u didn´t wanted that answer ) thats what i´ve been doin if i were in ur sitouation...
Ps. I know my spellng sucks right know but i just cant se whats wrong :?

Posté Sun 02 Jan 05 @ 5:49 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
no doubt : TCV but with TECHNICS

Posté Sun 02 Jan 05 @ 6:19 pm
man tk does the tcvs works well whith stantons turntables coz technics are sooo expenzive

Posté Sun 02 Jan 05 @ 8:20 pm
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
TCV with Numark TTX 1 turntabes (excelent combination trust me)

Posté Mon 03 Jan 05 @ 8:34 am
Don´t they work well with all turns if u have a good pickup

Posté Mon 03 Jan 05 @ 9:09 am
They will work just as any vinyl would work on any turntable (as long as you have a good sound card such as the Maya44 USB of course). They will react in exactly the same way as regular vinyl records do.

macourteau

Posté Mon 03 Jan 05 @ 5:45 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The XP10's sold by Atomix as the VDJ Pro, will only work with VDJ and nothing else, not even the Bison software developed especially for the XP10 units, and more than likely not with any other software as compatibly is adopted for XP10s (Traktor is supposed to support the XP10 in the near future).

If you want the option to use any other software besides VDJ, now or in the future, you'll need to buy the retail XP10's and not those sold on this site. I believe they can be purchased directly from EKS (www.eks.fi).

The retail XP10's, however, cost 100 pounds more, but include the Bison software with purchase. The VDJ Pro comes with no software and you'll have to purchase VDJ seperately. Physically, the units are the same, but the VDJ Pro has a red sticker on the platter and the buttons are labeled to match VDJ functions and naming convention. The mechanical workings of the units are identical, though there seems to be some sort of firmware changes between the two in order to prevent the VDJ Pro Version from working with other software.

Not knocking the VDJ Pro Version, but be aware what you are buying into with that 100 pound savings. Personally, with equipment like that, I'd pay the extra money to have more compatibility with other software, plus the ability to resell the item in the future to non-VDJ users.

Posté Tue 04 Jan 05 @ 11:16 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)