Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet TIPS & TRICKS FOR MAC IN GENERAL - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Did anyone ever figure out a resolution regarding DX 10 vs DX 9 on a iMac. Did anyone every get this work work w/o the green lines? I am getting them too.

I have a iMac 20" 2.66 Ghz running XP (on bootcamp). It has a ATI mobility radeon 2600 xt video card.

Posté Wed 24 Sep 08 @ 6:20 pm
I have to agree with a lot that has been said on this thread. I have a Macbook and I'm less than happy with VV's performance. There are still issues that have not been resolved through several updates. Macs are known for their performance in the audio field. Not with VV though. In fact with the latest update I can't even configure my timecode settings without VV crashing. And it's not like this is a minor bug like a keyboard shortcut glitch or the ability to delete playlist folders or whatever... IT'S A BUG THAT PREVENTS ME FROM USING THE SOFTWARE FOR WHAT IT WAS INTENDED FOR; PLAYING MUSIC WITH TIMECODE VINYL! And the "check", "clean" and "fix" options STILL don't do anything. And the software freezes if I try and add a column to the browser in the middle of a set. And if I hit "clone deck" to soon the software freezes up. And the new BPM engine is re-calculating all the tracks that took me months and months to fine tune the beat grid on. And so on and so on. Not cool.

Posté Thu 25 Sep 08 @ 5:23 pm
OK first off a few things. I LOVE Virtual DJ I use every plugin at my disposal! Now my boss at the club is a MAC guy bought us the new Imac for the club. I dowloaded a Demo version fo him - plugins suck(Not enough for Mac!) Ok so I get VMware Fusion to run the Windows OS to get all the plugins. I installed XP and I cannot see external drives, I cannot throw image on external video device, VMware tools have to install everytime!? ANY HELP OUT THERE????. Should I install Vista?? UGH frustrated!

Posté Sun 30 Nov 08 @ 9:11 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
mbentdjs wrote :
I dowloaded a Demo version fo him - plugins suck(Not enough for Mac!) Ok so I get VMware Fusion to run the Windows OS to get all the plugins. I installed XP and I cannot see external drives, I cannot throw image on external video device, VMware tools have to install everytime!? ANY HELP OUT THERE????. Should I install Vista?? UGH frustrated!

Hi, there are NO mac demo atm so i wondering where u get this demo u said from;) Or it is u downloaded the window demo??
As mentioned b4 plugins is up to the author if they want to migrate it from window platform to mac.

That aside.. did u use VDJ on windows side?

Posté Sun 30 Nov 08 @ 11:29 am
i will there are some bugs. i love my mac and there are some things i do regularly now that makes me keep my mac an VV.

i have or had all the problems specified. but i have just about gone past all of them.

everytime i close it i do get an error. so what, im closing it anyway.

sometimes the outputs on the box are mixed up but this is always when i connect the box while the computer is on. to get the inputs right, i usually go back to config, click no timecodes, and then click timecodes again, etc... usually reboots the box, usually fixes the problem if im too lazy to reboot.

video, been pretty flawless for me i must say... quality is good for me i guess

timecodes could be a bit better when doing fast backspinning... but that just might be my cd player.

and the recorder was pretty unstable for me until i switched to wav format. works now.

it took some time to get it perfect, but im pretty happy... if the quicktime decoder was less glitchy, id be a happy school boy in a coed school. my 2 cents.

Joe

Posté Sun 30 Nov 08 @ 12:37 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
mbentdjs wrote :
OK first off a few things. I LOVE Virtual DJ I use every plugin at my disposal! Now my boss at the club is a MAC guy bought us the new Imac for the club. I dowloaded a Demo version fo him - plugins suck(Not enough for Mac!) Ok so I get VMware Fusion to run the Windows OS to get all the plugins. I installed XP and I cannot see external drives, I cannot throw image on external video device, VMware tools have to install everytime!? ANY HELP OUT THERE????. Should I install Vista?? UGH frustrated!

I honestly couldn't recommned running VDJ under a virtual machine such as VMware, if you want to run windows on a mac, look at boot camp.

Posté Sun 30 Nov 08 @ 10:50 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Let's clear the air on something ...

VirtualDJ / Numark branded versions are written and based on DirectX9.
If you do not install DirectX9 onto a Windows Vista platform and only run on DirectX10 then you are running in a DirectX9 emulation by DirectX10.

Now if you are running a DirectX10 exclusive video card that does not also support DirectX9 as well then the DirectX9 instructions can only be emulated to the DirectX10 card. This information is all available from Microsoft if you read through the DirectX10 development documentation.

Now with MAC it's a different game as MAC doesn't use DirectX. As for the MAC version issues, there are issues and we need constructive feedback to best address those issues. We have receive and acknowledged those known issues through our eService.

As for plug-ins - the plug-ins that come as part of the MAC install are the plug-ins developed by the Development Team. All the other plug-ins that the PC users have access to are plug-ins written by users. They are the controllers of the source code for those plug-ins. So, if they do not provide a compiled and compatible version for MAC then we will have to wait until other MAC users develop plug-ins for the MAC version.

So if everyone can keep their cool then we can continue to collect likes and dislikes so we can strive to bring all the best MAC DJ software available.

Chris
VirtualDJ Team
Atomix Productions

Posté Mon 01 Dec 08 @ 4:40 pm
eliixrCUE userMember since 2008
CuzImJay wrote :

DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
I would only suggest that you make sure the video card drivers match your O/S directX.

XP = DirectX 9
Vista = Directx 10

There have been issues with people who have Directx 10 cards (I would be one) using them with XP.

I wasn't making it up... There are issues with the graphic cards for DX 10 operating in XP

Hang on are we talking about Mac or Windows on this board :)

I just don't understand why your talking about issues your having with DirectX in Windows when this a thread about how we should all dual boot our machines with windows to get around these "bugs"

Also why flame the guy so hard. If he didn't do his job you would have no plugins at all :/

EDIT: Wow im a bit late didn't realize there was a page 2 lol :)

cstoll wrote :

So if everyone can keep their cool then we can continue to collect likes and dislikes so we can strive to bring all the best MAC DJ software available.

Well said.

Posté Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 8:00 pm
No longer frustrated got the ttm57sl... You'll fall in love with this thing. I promise. Virtual DJ is cool if your on a budget, but if you want something that works with ease and not have to touch your keyboard so much... This is on point. Not bashing Virtual Dj... Just another option for those who are frustrated and looking for something that works. By the way... I dont think it's possible to bootleg Serato... LOL!

Posté Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 3:20 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)