Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Sound Blster Fatal1ty infos

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

JonnieHHome userMember since 2008
Can I use AtomixMP3 with a Sound Blster Fatal1ty sound card and time coded vinyl to get the same effect as Serato?

If so how?

Posté Tue 02 Sep 08 @ 2:07 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 1:28 am
JonnieHHome userMember since 2008
Thanks!

I heard that serato is just basically a fancy sound card with just the required ammount of inputs/outputs. I'm not sure if my set up has enough inputs/outputs to run 2 x Technics 1210s and mix mp3's using time coded vinyl. Cant work out how to do it without buying a serato for £360, but i've been told it is possible.

I think thats right. :-))

Posté Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 12:27 pm
If your soundcard only has two mono inputs you will need to use another soundcard which supports asio as well. If this is the case, it may be better to buy something like the Maya 44 USB which has the right number of input and output channels as you need. This card retails for £68.

You will then need Virtual DJ Professional which as of right now costs £177.65. Of course you will then need Numark/Virtual DJ Vinyl x 2 which retail for £15 each.

This brings the grand total to £275.65 which is a fair bit cheaper than Serato, although the Serato soundcard may be better. However, Virtual DJ has a much larger feature set so the fact that you'd be paying less for this setup is quite amazing.

Alternatively, you could get Numark Virtual Vinyl for £249. Numark Virtual Vinyl is the same software as Virtual DJ but the updates roll out a little slower as it's ultimately down to Numark what they do with their software.

Hope to see you with us soon.

Posté Thu 04 Sep 08 @ 4:57 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)