Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet some songs give 'error' while loading.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

imacaluPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi Guy's, i've used VDJ 5.2.1 for the first time with my DN-HC4500 on my imac last weekend. What a relief instead of having to use the mouse with traktorDJ all the time. :-)

But i got errors with three diffirent songs while loading them. I wasn't able to use them. One Mp3 song and two M4a (aac) which i ripped from my own original cd's already years ago. So they are not itunes DMR or whatever protected.

Loaded them again in tractorDJ 3.3 and no problem. Never had any loading problems with these files in traktor. Then i've downloaded the latest (free to download) serato 1.8.2 software to investigate how that software would deal with this three files: No problem at all...

So, what is the reason VDJ gives me errors while loading these audio files???
I am afraid there will be more files giving errors in the future. Quit stressing idea since i have no idea at all what causes it.

Posté Mon 22 Sep 08 @ 4:56 am
imacaluPRO InfinityMember since 2008
ok, glad i found out how to fix this. It is again read / write permissions related.
I've been struggling with this issue already before. (http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/96451/MAC_Version_Technical_Support/VJD_does_not_remember_my_cue_points_a_o__things_after_quiting_en_restarting_.html).

Last saturday (the first time i used VDJ all night), three tracks out of 95 that gave errors while loading were in a itunes folder (all my audio is managed by itunes) that had only set the account to read/write not everyone.
Copying the tracks to my desktop and choosing them there in VDJ made in clear there was nothing wrong with the files.

Can somebody tell me why VDJ needs to have 'everybody' set to read/write too???
This is not the standard setting in Mac OSX. Only the account that owns the folders and files is given full read/write permissions. Which is exactly as it should be in my opinion.
VDJ seems not to agree with that.

Posté Mon 22 Sep 08 @ 11:25 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)