Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Hercules RMX USB Power issue on Mac...

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

bpdj3PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue. I have a hercules rmx console. I hook it up to my hp machine and it works fine. But when I hook it up to my mac it keeps giving me an error that the usb port is being over loaded and there is not enough power.. Is there a specific driver or something to download or maybe some tricks to get it working properly..

Posté Thu 02 Oct 08 @ 8:07 am
bpdj3PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Alright this is the error I keep getting on my mac with the Hercules RMX. "USB OVER CURRENT NOTICE-- A USB device is currently drawing too much power. The hub it is attached to will be deactivated" The only thing I have plug in is the RMX. Also sometimes if I plug it in the Hercules RMX board lights will flicker a bit and nothing will happen. However I the same board works in my HP machine in windows using Virtual DJ flawlessly for the most part. The reason for me using the mac is that the mac is the only one fast enough runn video. Someone please help....

Posté Thu 02 Oct 08 @ 8:21 am
I'm an iCDX guy myself, but you could try turning off the button backlights on the RMX (I have no idea how to do this...just read it in a google listing) to reduce USB power consumption.

Also, are you powering the RMX with just a USB port? Don't you have the option of using an external power supply? If so, try that.

Hope this helps,
J

Posté Thu 02 Oct 08 @ 8:50 am
xonorPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi.

Are you using an external usb hub?
If yes, you have to use an powered usb hub.It's a usb hub with an external power suply.

Most devices (like RMX or MK2) gets many power from the usb of the computer.
Those devices can't work with "standards" hubs.
You need a powered hub like i tell you.

Another solution it's to plug the RMX direct to the computer, without usb hub.

Hope this helps you.

Posté Thu 02 Oct 08 @ 3:07 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005

Posté Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 7:43 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)