Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Folders/Directories

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

winyardPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Am a new user of VDJ and likewise to this forum, so am just getting used to it.
Am using the Denon HDC4500 controller with it.
Can anyone tell me of a way of setting up a default folder that contains all of the tracks on the system/drives?
I also saw on another post someone mention that it's not advisable to have more than 500 tracks in a folder. is this correct, and what is the reason for that?
Thanks.

Posté Sun 05 Oct 08 @ 5:06 pm
Pretty disappointed that no one was able to answer this.

Is ANYONE able to offer any answers on this?

Posté Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 12:44 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
U need not have to set up default folder....
At the root of ur folder in ur hardrive u may recurse in vdj hence it will have all the media u have;)
Remember to add to database first btw.

Regards.

Posté Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 12:56 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
The simple way (the way I've done it) is

If you are using a external harddrive. On the harddrive create a folder called "Pop" for example, then place (copy and paste) all your pop tracks into it.

Repeat the process, create new folders eg. 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, Dance, and so on and place all your tracks for these genre's in there right folders.

Once you have done this open Virtaul DJ, move the cursor over the letter of the external harddrive and do a right click, it should bring up some options. One of them is "add to search Database" hit that option. By doing this it should search all your tracks, when you do a search for a certain track.

Once that is done, open up the folders one by one and "scan for BPMS" All done

As for you question about the 500 tracks in a folder, I think this is incorrect, I have a few folders with well over 500 files in, and I don't find any problems

Anyway I hope that's helps you abit.

Posté Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 1:22 pm
Many thanks guys

Posté Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 1:59 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)