Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Virtual Dj cannot locate itunes from external drive...

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

stud101Home userMember since 2008
I am wondering why can't I see my itunes playlist in virtural dj now that I have moved all my music to an external hard drive. How can i fix this without just moviing my music back to my laptop?

Posté Thu 13 Nov 08 @ 5:18 pm
I am wondering why can't I see my itunes playlist in virtural dj now that I have moved all my music to an external hard drive. How can i fix this without just moviing my music back to my laptop?

When you make a Playlist is saves it to a drive letter so the songs that were in say c drive on your hard drive and now you moved them to your e drive on your external , well you half to change the drive letter on your external to c and your main hard drive to e

Posté Fri 06 Feb 09 @ 8:52 am
Personally I wouldn't change my C: drive letter could cause other problems with programs trying to find application files on the C: drive.

Just open up your play list files in notepage and change the file path from the old location to the new location using the search and replace funciton.

Example;

Find what: C:\Documents and Settings\Login Name\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\

to where the files are located now

Replace with: E:\My New Music Folder Path\

You will need to put in the correct locations for the search and replace function since, I don't know the exact paths to the old music folder versus the new music folder.

Just backup your play list files prior to editing them just in case you accidently erase valid information from the file. You might want to go into your iTunes settings and change the default location where your iTunes music is stored to the new location.

Posté Fri 06 Feb 09 @ 12:21 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)