Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet NUMARK MIXDECK AT GIG W/VDJ 6.07 - Page: 3

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Thanks alot jpboggis...I did do it the way you told me to do it...by broadcasting on Justin.tv by using the RECORD outputs..worked well....thanks again..

Posté Sat 05 Jun 10 @ 12:04 am
How would u hook up to a laptop all u have is headphone and mic.....unless the mic input is what u would use in this case.

Posté Sun 06 Jun 10 @ 12:52 pm
krazykPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I heard the crossfader on this is sharp and kinda crappy. Like at 50% to the left, you're at 100% left channel and 50% to the right you're at 100% right channel, instead of 100% to the left = 100% left channel and so forth.

Any input on that?

How is it still holding up? Has anything gone bad on it? CD's stop working? Anything like that?

Posté Mon 07 Jun 10 @ 11:38 am
Hey KrazyK, I've been using the mixdeck for the last month with VDJ. For $700, there's nothing else out there like it. It is also the only controller I know of that can switch sources WITHOUT losing your midi/asio connection to VDJ.

In fact, I only have two complaints about the unit:

1. It's a pretty noisy mixer. Just the way it is...cheap components. I get a lot of hiss through the system depending on my gain level.
2. The crossfader does in fact suck. Not only does the curve suck, but it's noisy/choppy too! It makes this popping noise when moved quickly. However, the crossfader IS replaceable, even with Innofader.

Posté Tue 08 Jun 10 @ 1:23 pm
Super-PRO InfinityMember since 2007

I am curious, did u manage to fix the annoying latency lag between MixDeck and VDJ?

Posté Tue 08 Jun 10 @ 2:10 pm
I have no other inquiries about my mixdeck other than to ask if anyone has had any issues recording samples in midi mode. For some reason I cannot get my recorded samples that I recorded in cd/mp3 mode to transfer over to midi and I followed the instructions to a tee.
If anyone can help me out that would be appreciated alot.

Posté Tue 08 Jun 10 @ 2:30 pm
Hey Super, I've pretty much only used the jog wheels to cue up tracks. It's waaaay too slow/laggy to mix. So the answer is no ;)

Posté Wed 09 Jun 10 @ 8:36 am
DJK1-ToHome userMember since 2009
I know this is VDJ forums but I have to say that I got my Mixdeck working flawlessly using Traktor.

As far as the hiss - get a ground loop isolator from Radio Shack
The lag/latency - make sure you have a powerful laptop and that nothing else is running while you're running DJ software and mixdeck
recording - check page 2 of this thread and you'll see your answers
Crossfaders being crappy - they are not the best but all in all they're very decent. I have no complaints after updating the firmware.

@davidsmithey - You say "However, the crossfader IS replaceable, even with Innofader." what do u mean exactly? From where?

Posté Wed 09 Jun 10 @ 8:39 am
Any support coming for the Mixdeck Platter LED's. It sure would look cool to have the platter led's function with MP3 play. Also would it be possible to add a turn off feature for it too. Oh yeah, love the Mixdeck with VDJ.

Posté Wed 09 Jun 10 @ 10:56 am
DJK1-To wrote :

As far as the hiss - get a ground loop isolator from Radio Shack

Crossfaders being crappy - they are not the best but all in all they're very decent. I have no complaints after updating the firmware.

@davidsmithey - You say "However, the crossfader IS replaceable, even with Innofader." what do u mean exactly? From where?

Hey DJK1, it's not a grounding issue. The mixer is just noisy. I had the same issue when I used the CDMIX 2 years and years ago. In order for the hiss to be reduced, I have to turn the gain and master volume way down on the mixdeck, and then pump up the gain on the powered speakers. But that reduces my mic gain, since it's not a very powerful preamp to begin with.

The crossfader section is not great. Even if I was OK with the curve (which I think should of been fully selectable with a rotary knob), I get these pops when I move it and the fader hits JUST before far left or far right. This happens regardless of input (CD, VDJ, USB), or even with no audio at all.

The crossfader is replaceable, I don't think I understand what you mean "from where"? You unscrew some screws and the thing comes out.

Posté Wed 09 Jun 10 @ 11:22 am
I guess it boils down to "You get what you pay for". I for one am not complaining for what I am getting and what I spent. I can say that both the Numark and Traktor forums need to have more helpful information on such a hot product but aside from that I think it was one of the better investments that I made for DJ equipment. Weight, look, size, feel, options . . . they're all well worth the money.

I have tried owned MK2, RMX, VCI 100 and 300 - this is the winner in my opinion. I was always looking for a way to learn how to DJ without software and after like 2 nights of playing with just the Decks I was able to make a pretty decent 10 song house mix.

Lastly, my MAC crapped out on me this last Saturday when I was doing my 1st gig with this unit but it was so awesome having the iPod and playing a pre-made mix right from doc while i fixed my macbook . . . and then mixing from the iPod right into a song from my laptop :)

Note* Quality wise, nothing has come close to VCI 300 + Itch combo in the under $1000 range . . . again, that's my opinion.

Posté Wed 09 Jun 10 @ 12:06 pm
DJK1-To wrote :
I guess it boils down to "You get what you pay for". I for one am not complaining for what I am getting and what I spent.

Absolutely, I agree. For the money, it's unbeatable. However, the two issues I brought up could most likely easily be fixed in future versions. I have a $100 Denon mixer that's near silent, and the crossfader works great.

Posté Wed 09 Jun 10 @ 2:08 pm
I would only imagine that when they come up with future firmware updates some of issues would be corrected or at the least fine tuned....and if not, I would only image how much superior the MIXDECK V2 would be to this (no there is no accoutrement or anything, just saying) . . . I am sure it will weed out a lot of these silly flaws.

If you're from Numark or Traktor and you're reading this . . . please put some more efforts into the support for this product! It took me hours and hours to get stuff working perfectly. FYI - some of the information in the written manual is off!

Posté Wed 09 Jun 10 @ 2:16 pm
The sound quality/crossfader deal is not a firmware issue, it's cheap components. The mixer section uses cheap components. That's just the way it is. I'm sure they did everything they could to pack as much power into a package and keep it at $700. I would personally pay the $50 more for a better quality mixer section.

Posté Wed 09 Jun 10 @ 2:35 pm
I would pay another $100 easily if they put like a mixer upgrade option or something where they would send you the parts and a manual so you can assemble it all on your own. Watch the next unit be like $999 and have everything we're complaining about resolved and then some...

Posté Wed 09 Jun 10 @ 2:40 pm
UPDATE! Someone here asked about the latency with VDJ and Mixdeck. Haven't figured that out yet...but...the Traktor that comes with Mixdeck is ON POINT. Scratching is EXCELLENT on it. However, I still prefer the VDJ layout ;)

Posté Tue 15 Jun 10 @ 12:49 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ever try adjusting the 'Scratch Latency' option in the Config ?

Config -> Option tab -> Scratch Latency slider : <slide Left is tighter | slide Right is more loose>

Posté Tue 15 Jun 10 @ 7:39 pm
I have spent some time looking and I can not seem to find the mapper post about the mixdeck. I swear I read it a couple of weeks back and even bookmarked it but after reformatting I seem to have misplaced the link. In a nutshell, I downloaded the trial version 6.1 and I would like to know which buttons on the Mixdeck control what on VDJ...specially the sync button...thanks an advance!

Cheers.

Posté Sat 19 Jun 10 @ 2:25 pm
Go to CONFIG -> Mappers, choose the Mixdeck in the drop-down list and you will see all the buttons and what they are mapped to.

You can also change any of them to any function of your own choice. Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript.html for information about mapping.

Posté Sat 19 Jun 10 @ 3:53 pm
paulcinPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hey all,

I am looking to buy this mixer but was put of by the record facility, until I found this: I don't work for them

http://www.wideanglesoftware.com/touchcopy/index.php

You can put stuff fom you ipod back to your PC, so this is another work around for recording I think. I am correct you can record from Numark Mixdeck straight to Ipod! I think........

PS; I hope this helps, any ideas would make my choice easier..

Posté Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 7:17 am
97%