Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet [NEW] VirtualDJ 6.1 - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Hello,

We just released VirtualDJ v6.1.
It is available in your Download Center for PRO and BASIC registred users.
(the trial version will be available in a few days)

The main difference with v6.0.8 is the new NetSearch engine.
As it's been discussed in the NetSearch topic, we are rolling out the old free NetSearch whose content would soon be very restricted due to licensing reasons, and instead we teamed up with Grooveshark to bring you a much better offer:
For only $9.99/month, you get unlimited access to more than 8 million songs from VirtualDJ.

We chose to work with Grooveshark because their catalog is composed of both clean versions of all the major titles straight from the labels, but also those odd songs and exclusive remixes that would help you satisfy all requests.
And all this of course with the labels and artists being compensated for every song you play (hence the small fee).

more informations about this new membership:
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/membership.html

Posté Wed 19 May 10 @ 7:03 pm
yay!!!!

Posté Wed 19 May 10 @ 7:38 pm
spool32PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I tried signing up for premium membership, noticed in the payment banner at the bottom you have paypal on there and I would like to run my payment monthly through that if possible instead of my visa. Is that currently the only option or how can I use paypal to do it?

Posté Wed 19 May 10 @ 8:52 pm
spool32 wrote :
I tried signing up for premium membership, noticed in the payment banner at the bottom you have paypal on there and I would like to run my payment monthly through that if possible instead of my visa. Is that currently the only option or how can I use paypal to do it?

I also would like to pay using paypal...

Posté Wed 19 May 10 @ 9:01 pm
Thanks for the update!!

Posté Wed 19 May 10 @ 10:14 pm
Besides Netsearch, has the Mic issue on The American Audio DP2 been addressed yet?

Posté Wed 19 May 10 @ 11:37 pm
Errrrrrrrrrr..... Video Engine is screwed up now.

I'm using a Vestax VCI-100 on a maxed out HP-DV9500. I'm getting video frame skipping when I quickly spin my platter forward or backward. Version 6.0.8 started this problem.

I am good with Version 6.0.5. There is no frame skipping with this version.

When I am running 6.0.8 or 6.1... I spin the platters slow forwards or backward and video playback is normal. Speed up the spin and video freezes up for a a few frames, then will play normal a second, then skips frames again.

There is no problem with 6.0.5. Spin the platter as fast as you want, and the video plays perfectly in fast forward or reverse.

Something seriously changed in the video engine. This is bad.

What happened? Can this be fixed ?

JL

Posté Thu 20 May 10 @ 2:30 am

Posté Thu 20 May 10 @ 2:39 am
Yes, only netsearch update so i cant use this version either due to the video issues. Still using 6.0.4.

Posté Thu 20 May 10 @ 4:49 am
JimmyL-DJ wrote :
There is no problem with 6.0.5. Can this be fixed ?

Did you try to remove "Decode in multithread" in the video config panel?

PS: if it doesn't help, please open a new thread to continue this discussion, as this is not really related to the release of 6.1

Posté Thu 20 May 10 @ 5:03 am
Awesome as usual everything seems to be working great and net search function seems faster and more complete than before thanks all.

Posté Thu 20 May 10 @ 8:42 am
Will Groveshark be location restricted? I.e. will I have access to all 8 million songs even though I live in South Africa?

Posté Thu 20 May 10 @ 11:03 am
nice im wishing that mixvibes did this gess im going to use both

Posté Thu 20 May 10 @ 1:46 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJ Dutchman wrote :
Will Groveshark be location restricted? I.e. will I have access to all 8 million songs even though I live in South Africa?

Based on their online service they do not location restrict.

Posté Thu 20 May 10 @ 2:12 pm
Daz35PRO InfinityMember since 2007
So how does the copyright work then? Is Grooveshark in the States? Is this legal to use in Britain?

Posté Thu 20 May 10 @ 4:24 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Daz35 wrote :
So how does the copyright work then? Is Grooveshark in the States? Is this legal to use in Britain?

Groove shark to my understanding is based in the USA, you can check the FAQ here http://help.grooveshark.com/faq/
As long as you have a public performance license from PPL and or MCPS you should be covered. You may wish to check with them.

Posté Thu 20 May 10 @ 5:15 pm

Posté Thu 20 May 10 @ 5:24 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006

VirtualDJ 6.1 (19 May 2010)

* new NetSearch engine
* added new controllers in the native list
* fixed some controllers

^^^ what does the latter two exactly means? Which controllers?

Posté Fri 21 May 10 @ 2:54 am
Daz35PRO InfinityMember since 2007
skyfxl wrote :
Daz35 wrote :

Groove shark to my understanding is based in the USA, you can check the FAQ here http://help.grooveshark.com/faq/
As long as you have a public performance license from PPL and or MCPS you should be covered. You may wish to check with them.

I will.

Netsearch wasn't allowed, so I'm not sure this will be either.

Posté Fri 21 May 10 @ 4:11 am
"fixed some controllers", as stated above, which controllers and what was fixed? Is the mic issue on the American Audio DP2 been fixed yet?

Posté Fri 21 May 10 @ 9:59 am
18%