Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Sujet SBDJ FreeStyler - Page: 14

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Thanks for your hard work this week on this plugin!! Your work is appreciated.

Posté Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:31 pm
Hi SBDJ, any idea when you might be in a position to release a Ver 8.0 plugin for Freestyler? I'm waiting for this and a Ver 8.0 plugin for Clipbank before I can commit to Ver 8.0 as I predominantly use music videos. Thanks in advance :-)

Posté Fri 23 May 14 @ 8:34 pm
peacemaker1 wrote :
Hi SBDJ, any idea when you might be in a position to release a Ver 8.0 plugin for Freestyler? I'm waiting for this and a Ver 8.0 plugin for Clipbank before I can commit to Ver 8.0 as I predominantly use music videos. Thanks in advance :-)

Hi, once my message loaded, I saw your reply above that it's on it's way. Apologies, I still getting used to navigating my way around this Forum :-)

Posté Fri 23 May 14 @ 8:39 pm
Hi SBDJ, Thanks for all of your work. Do you know, when you possible can finish your freestyler-Plugin for Vers. 8? I used the old one all the time an the causing Lightshows were more interesting than the Micro-controlled ones. (boaa.. bad english ;-) ) Hope you are fine. Best regards simbaleo

Posté Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 10:20 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I've no timescale on a release for a v8 update to this plugin.

Posté Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 10:31 am
Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I've done a bunch of songs already. Do you think they'll be compatible with your new version?

Posté Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 12:29 pm

Posté Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 9:27 am
numtekLE userMember since 2012
This thread looks very promising.

Posté Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 3:31 pm
Can you tell me is there away to create a list of Cue Points for Freestyler that will be added to the Dropdow list that would allow me to pick for every song?

Example:

Video Song (Pitbull - Timber)

Select Cue Point Editor & Add

Group 1 = red 1:00
Group 2 = Blue 1:20
Group 3 = Green 1:30
Group 1 = Purple 1:50

And so on!

Then Changing songs I still have the options to pick those same Color Cue points and set them to different times?

I hope you grasp what I'm getting at! Creating a Defined list of Cue Points to Drive lighting. (This would go to say your lighting rig would need to be the same each time so the commands work correctly)

Thanks Looking forward to the possibilities!

Posté Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 9:02 am
Ollie LPRO InfinityMember since 2015
Hi there, this is awesome. I want to use the beats in Virtual DJ to trigger commands in Freestyler, so rather than just trigger its music to light interface I'd like to set a VDJScript action to send a sequence of commands to Freestyler as specified in the interface PDF.

I can see how I would do that from a keypress for example, or from a cue point, as was specified, but is there a way to catch the "beat pulse" in the same way as load_pulse allows you to trigger commands when a new song is loaded to the deck?

Many thanks :)

Posté Mon 18 Jan 16 @ 4:03 am
So you want to execute a command on every beat?

Will this be the same command or potentially different for different beats?

Posté Mon 18 Jan 16 @ 8:50 am
Ollie LPRO InfinityMember since 2015
Hi there Scott, thanks for getting back to me so soon :) I am still getting up and running and don't want to waste your time, I think I may be able to do what I want using the get_beat_bar action in a loop structure, but I'm going to fart around with it all a bit more and see how I do :) If I come up with anything good I'll post it :) (the idea would be that the commands sent to freestyler on each beat would change depending on different modes set by using other macro-enabled cue points in the song, so that sometimes it might pulse on the beat, at other times shift colours for example...)

Posté Wed 20 Jan 16 @ 5:39 am
I thought I asked this before, but maybe I forgot to.

This plugin used to allow me to send beats and commands to freestyle while I was also using a tablet to trigger cue list buttons.

Now the plugin takes over and freestyler won't connect to the tablet until the plugin is turned off.

Any help would be great.

Posté Mon 29 Feb 16 @ 8:26 am
Another question. Did not tried this yet but maybe someone can answer this already:

Sometimes I have a gig with 2 VDJ laptops "simultaneously" (one of myself and one of my friend) I'm using a Pioneer controller, but my friend has a JB systems controller and he only want to use his own controller at a party. So we keep using two laptops with VDJ.

I'm using the VDJ Freestyler plugin to change the lights on the VDJ beats... Freestyler is installed on a seperate (lighting)laptop and connected to a router.

When I connect my VDJ laptop and the lighting laptop to the router and enable the Freestyler plugin, it works perfect. But... when my friend takes over the music, sometimes only 1 song, sometimes a half hour, the lights don't change, because Freestyler only gets the beat info from my laptop...

Can my friend connect to the same router and take over the "send beats" to Freestyler without changing something in VDJ or Freestyler?

I do understand that we can not send beats at the same time from two laptops, but can we overtake eachother without problems?

Posté Wed 23 Mar 16 @ 12:33 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Jason K wrote :

This plugin used to allow me to send beats and commands to freestyle while I was also using a tablet to trigger cue list buttons.

Now the plugin takes over and freestyler won't connect to the tablet until the plugin is turned off.

Any help would be great.

Is the tablet using a midi controller app? Is VDJ grabbing the controller?
Maybe you can set VDJ to ignore it? Or, send the command via the app from the controller? Like mapping the custom buttons to send commands.

Posté Wed 23 Mar 16 @ 1:48 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
royvanmeel wrote :
Another question. Did not tried this yet but maybe someone can answer this already:

Sometimes I have a gig with 2 VDJ laptops "simultaneously" (one of myself and one of my friend) I'm using a Pioneer controller, but my friend has a JB systems controller and he only want to use his own controller at a party. So we keep using two laptops with VDJ.

I'm using the VDJ Freestyler plugin to change the lights on the VDJ beats... Freestyler is installed on a seperate (lighting)laptop and connected to a router.

When I connect my VDJ laptop and the lighting laptop to the router and enable the Freestyler plugin, it works perfect. But... when my friend takes over the music, sometimes only 1 song, sometimes a half hour, the lights don't change, because Freestyler only gets the beat info from my laptop...

Can my friend connect to the same router and take over the "send beats" to Freestyler without changing something in VDJ or Freestyler?

I do understand that we can not send beats at the same time from two laptops, but can we overtake eachother without problems?

He should be able to connect after you disconnect via the network.
Another way you can do it is to tap the BPM.
One thing I have done successfully in the past was route an auxiliary out from other DJ's to a line in on my PC. I made that audio to a line in on a deck I'm not mixing with. VDJ reads the BPM on the incoming audio, and adjust what it sends to Freestyker accordingly. I do this because I always run the light show.

Posté Wed 23 Mar 16 @ 1:53 pm
blckjck wrote :
Jason K wrote :

Any help would be great.

Is the tablet using a midi controller app? Is VDJ grabbing the controller?
Maybe you can set VDJ to ignore it? Or, send the command via the app from the controller? Like mapping the custom buttons to send commands.

The tablet was using the freesyler remote all from the all store.
Fixed my problem by using touchosc. Made a template and now it all works well.

Posté Wed 23 Mar 16 @ 2:20 pm
buddymPRO (legacy)Member since 2013
Hi, looking for a little help. I have Freestyler running, the plugin installed. I have a sequence that I can run, DMX par can follows the sequence. I enable the plugin in VDJ, and set the sequence to play, and triggered by sound. The sequence runs, but does not sync to the beat. I am on a decently spec'd Windows PC. I must be missing something silly. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Buddy

Posté Wed 30 Mar 16 @ 11:56 pm
buddym wrote :
Hi, looking for a little help. I have Freestyler running, the plugin installed. I have a sequence that I can run, DMX par can follows the sequence. I enable the plugin in VDJ, and set the sequence to play, and triggered by sound. The sequence runs, but does not sync to the beat. I am on a decently spec'd Windows PC. I must be missing something silly. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Buddy

Buddy,
I'm having the same issue. My sequence will play but it does not sync to the beat. I am able to change the fixture setting in Freestyler to "React to Sound (Random Values) and the plugin will sync to the beat, but I don't want random colors. I want it to change the sequence step.

I'm tried downloading the Sound 2 Light Plugin for Freestyler. The plugin picks up my beats but does not relay them to Freestyler...when I read this help page: http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/sound_2_light It says to click the "Sound to light icon" in Freestyler. This icon does not exist in my Freestyler and nobody can seem to tell me why...

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I've been wrecking myself over this one for a few days now. Thanks.

Posté Fri 13 May 16 @ 3:05 pm
If the react to sound option works OK and gives you the random values, then everything is working from the VDJ end - the Sound2Light trigger is being sent. There must be something in FreeStyler that needs to be set to allow it to happen.

For example, in the Cue window, each entry has a 'React to sound' option that is disabled by default.

Posté Fri 13 May 16 @ 6:53 pm
97%