Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet The Denon DN MC6000 - Page: 36

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Most likely the firmware update failed for some reason. Try running through it again. Make sure that nothing else is open on your computer at the time. If it fails again, try using a different computer if you have one.

Posté Mon 02 Jan 12 @ 11:22 am
Is there a new firmware update then?

Posté Mon 02 Jan 12 @ 1:38 pm
Not as far as I am aware. It's still V1007 at the moment.

Keith

Posté Mon 02 Jan 12 @ 2:12 pm
A new firmware for the MC6000 came out yesterday. It's version 1011.

Latest Plug In’s: v1011 (as of Jan 11, 2012)

• Improved Mic Ducking function.
• Improved MIDI communication when using two deck operation.

Posté Thu 12 Jan 12 @ 8:19 am
pbouzanPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Interesting. I've just downloaded this new firmware and unzipped it as I would usually do. There's everything in there (pdf files, MAC updater files etc) but not the all-important .bin file!

Could someone check their download and see if I'm going round the bend or not!

Posté Thu 12 Jan 12 @ 10:07 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
@pbouzan

Download it again. I just did and it is there.

Posté Thu 12 Jan 12 @ 3:01 pm
Would like to hear reports back from others before I do the upgrade ;-)

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Thu 12 Jan 12 @ 6:22 pm
I just had the same thing happen....

Posté Thu 12 Jan 12 @ 8:58 pm
DJZefi1Home userMember since 2012
I'm having trouble with setting up my headphones. I have my sound setup as input: lines in output headphones and single and my sound card is asio and when i try to apply it just says not enough channels! please help.
MC6000
I do have the latest version of asio

UPDATE:
FIXED IT NEVERMIND

Posté Mon 06 Feb 12 @ 5:22 pm
Trying a Windows 7 computer with my Denon MC6000 for the first time. Have always used XP in the past. Problem I am running into is that the jogwheel sensitivity has to be maxed out in order to stop a track by touching the jogwheel platter. In the past a simply touching the platter with a fingertip was plenty enough to stop a track but now when applying pressure the song kinda slips by.. stuttering

Anyone ever seen this before? I'm sure it's not the controller which has been working perfectly all along. Only does it with this new computer running Windows 7 Premium.

Sony Vaio
Intel Core i5
8 gigs Ram
Latest VDJ and Denon firmware updates installed.

Thanks in advance.

Posté Tue 07 Feb 12 @ 11:38 pm
Denon drivers (control panel wasn't launching correctly). Reinstalled denon driver and everything is normal.

Posté Fri 17 Feb 12 @ 1:56 am
Hi,
I know this is and old threat and my observations may not be relevant to everyone here but I thought even if helps just one person might be of some use;

On gigs in one particular venue would have freezing problems which once I noticed was as the site lights flickered at the exact moment of the apparent disconnect. This happened several times that night (although couldnt always notice the flicker). This problem never happened at home.

Now I carry a small battery backup UPS unit around that has a built in RFI filter (just plugs in between mains power and MC6000's transformer) and have never heard a pop, crackle, or disconnect ever since.

It even meant the mixer carried on running once when a helpful barman turning off TV monitors near the end of the night accidentally killed power to the DJ desk.

If you've ruled out drivers/firmware/latency issues then power supply blips or RFI might be worth looking at as many clubs power supplies can be horrendous through cut cost maintainence, or surges from high powered lighting, dodgey wiring, or all sorts. Plus it can't possibly hurt to protect your expensive equipment!

Posté Fri 27 Apr 12 @ 10:23 am
Good point, although I've never experienced anything over the years.

Would have thought this would be more of an issue in the USA as their voltage can be quite a problem. UK mains power supply seems to be quite accurate.

Keith

Posté Fri 27 Apr 12 @ 10:49 am
I have had my MC6000 lock up a few times when unplugging powered speakers from it. Not sure if this was a raised voltage potential between the two devices though, always a bit hard to nail down. As for spikey mains I've always used a decent filtered mains socket bar for the kit in the flightcase to avoid things like this happening. Touch wood the MC6000 hasn't decided to lock up on me randomly though...

Posté Fri 27 Apr 12 @ 11:35 am
Virusmind wrote :
I have been having an issue with audio starting to sound very bad only after playing music for 4 to 5 hours. Basically everything sounds great for a while but suddenly after some hours pass the audio starts to sound garbled like as if the speakers are under water. I have ruled out to speakers, speaker cables etc. A friend mentioned the laptop processor may be over heating but I installed software to monitor hardware temps and nothing is overheating. Another strange piece of the puzzle is that if I restart the laptop when I notice the poor sound quality, the problem is resolved after the reboot. Again making me lean away from heat issues...

I am starting to think it may have something to do with the enhanced 3,1,2,4 skin that I am using. Anybody have any insight or similar issues?

The laptop is a basic Sony Vaio XP, dual core, 4 / 3.5 gig ram... I never had this issue with this laptop or any other controller / VDJ version combination.

I don't want to blame the skin because I'm not even sure if that is a possibility. Also, of course it does NOT do this every single time I DJ. I would say it is 50/50 chance.

I have the same issue. I think it does have something to do with the skin because when the issue begins i can change the skin in the while still playing a track and the problem is fixed for about an hour or so then it returns. Have you found a solution to this yet?

Posté Sat 14 Jul 12 @ 4:37 pm
It's not a skin issue. Changing skin appears to sort it as it glitches the audio and it gets better for a while.

There still seems to be problems with 44.1 to 48Khz conversion when using the Denon Asio drivers, and this can lead to pops clicks etc. I gave up on this a long time ago and just use WDM sound drivers instead.

Neither Denon or Atomix have fixed this after a year and a half and the quality of sound using Asio drivers varies depending on your setup, PC spec etc. but that's your issue in my opinion.

Try WDM and see how you get on. This config is for 2 deck external mix only (not 4 deck)

Inputs: None
Outputs: External Mixer (deck 1 left, deck 2 right)
Sound Card: 4.1 card (Denon MC-6000)

Keith

Posté Sun 15 Jul 12 @ 2:09 am

Posté Sun 15 Jul 12 @ 8:02 am
Yeah,

There's plenty of discussion regarding this issue on the Denon forum but it's definitely not solved!

Keith

Posté Sun 15 Jul 12 @ 10:19 am
Happened to me twice last night... Starting to hack me off... I love the 6000 but it is very suseptable to electrical spikes.

I lose all midi control which is a PITA. Gonna read that thread now, but am keen to know about this portable UPS. Got a link for it?

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Sun 15 Jul 12 @ 2:59 pm
If you're good with electrical projects then you can buy a filtered panel IEC inlet and mount this in a small case acting as a terminal box to attach to an extension lead. Far cheaper and much better quality than the domestic 'filtered' mains extension bars out there;

The filter - http://cpc.farnell.com/schaffner/fn9260-6-06/filter-6a-2-fuse/dp/CN10566

A small box - http://cpc.farnell.com/boss-enclosures/33101001/box-abs-gy-90x50x35mm/dp/EN82370

This is the exact same filter arrangement I use and its cured my random lockups completely.

Posté Mon 16 Jul 12 @ 8:01 am
90%