Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet The Denon DN MC6000 - Page: 37

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

I tried to map slip mode by following the instructions here: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/144651/PC_Version_Technical_Support/SLIP_MODE.html

It was set up to activate when shift was pressed and the touchwheel activated ('down'). I don't know what I did wrong, but now my jog wheels don't respond at all. I reset everything - mapping, skin, controller, rebooted, etc but nothing will make them come back to life. I used MIDI-OX and know that the signals are still being sent but now the decks aren't scratching or jogging at all.

Would appreciate some help! Left a similar note in that thread, thought I'd also make use of the technical thread for the mc6000 in case a similar symptom has popped up. I can't upgrade to the latest firmware as the link in the EU Denon website is broken (I've mailed them). It been working out of the box great, just when I tried to map it it lost jog functionality.

I've tested with a Numark DJ2Go and all the functions of VDJ are working, and the scratch responds to mouse control on the skin. It jus seems the controller's midi is not being read anymore by VDJ for the jog wheels... Like they're on mute or something.

Any ideas gratefully received!

Posté Sun 23 Sep 12 @ 4:36 am
I have the 1007 firmware file if you need it, I can email it to you so PM me if required.

Have you tried resetting the MC-6000 mapping from within VDJ by pressing the icon with the disc on it at the bottom of the list of mappings?

Keith

Posté Tue 25 Sep 12 @ 12:17 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Have you tried resetting the MC-6000 mapping from within VDJ by pressing the icon with the disc on it at the bottom of the list of mappings?

Thanks for getting back to me, I'll PM for the firmware.

I have tried all reset options and different mappings, including factory reset of VDJ and reverting original mapping. It all *used* to work, which is the weird bit for me. Tried different USBs. Next step may be force uninstall of drivers for the kit across each USB, though I wanted to seek advice before going really deep into all the clean/reinstall possibilities. I know the deck is sending the signals, I know VDJ hasn't stopped supporting track scratching, I just can't track scratch on the Denon any more, and I've no idea why.

Posté Tue 25 Sep 12 @ 1:37 pm
You may have turned off scratch on the MC6000 itself. This is a hardware/firmware function which disables the touch sensor. Please see the bottom of the MC6000 config & troubleshooting wiki page:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/DN-MC6000.html

Posté Tue 25 Sep 12 @ 4:17 pm
Support staff wrote :
You may have turned off scratch on the MC6000 itself. This is a hardware/firmware function which disables the touch sensor. Please see the bottom of the MC6000 config & troubleshooting wiki page:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/DN-MC6000.html

Thanks - I've been through all those options. It's not pitch bending either. When I switch the two modes the light indicator changes and when in bend (light off) then there is no response, when in vinyl mode (the light is on) there is no response on movement, but touching the platter stops the playback so I know the mode switch is working. I have use MIDI-OX and the right signals are being sent, so I'm not sure what's happened.

I know the denon has a high rate resolution on the platter and I'm not sure if it's something to do with the input into VDJ being overloaded with signals, but that's a guess and I wouldn't know how to diagnose or check that or if that's even an issue.

Posté Wed 26 Sep 12 @ 2:46 am
Thanks to Keith I got updated firmware, but it didn't fix the problem.

I had to use an uninstall then use the reg tool and do a clean, reinstall and bingo. Back in business. Not sure what exactly caused the problem, so I will be trying the Slip mode scripting again and seeing what happens. At least I know how to reset it all! Just got to keep that database backed up :)

If anyone does recognise the problem and knows the exact solution that doesn't require a reinstall, do let me know.

Happy spinning!

Posté Fri 28 Sep 12 @ 2:23 am
Si,

You can always back up the mapping file by copying the original and renaming it, so if anything screws up you can just replace the original one back to where it was.

C:\Users\Myusername\Documents\VirtualDJ\Mappers\Denon MC6000 mapping.xml

That may save you having to do a complete reinstall.

Glad you're sorted!

Keith

Posté Fri 28 Sep 12 @ 2:27 am
Thanks Keith - my gut feeling is that it wasn't the mapping but something more subtle (and maybe registry related) that was at fault. I have a variety of mapping and database backups (never fiddle with anything without a backup, kids!).

I had done factory reset, so that should have really fixed it but only a reinstall and registry clean seemed to. Intriguing!

When I get a rainy day I'm going to put the engineer's hat on and start hunting down the cause methodically - if it's repeatable it might help Atomix fix it if it is a bug.

Appreciate all the help :)

Posté Fri 28 Sep 12 @ 5:11 pm
Hey guys i wanted to know if any of you here noticed in int mixer mode the default fader curve is VERY sharp? i am talking about the channel faders, I even called Denon and asked them and they even went as far to test it and told me its linear but i know it can't be , it should be / but its more of a sharp curve up. I stopped using it in INT mixer mode because it was so off IMHO , FYI im not new to this lol i have used many mixers over the years.

Posté Sun 30 Sep 12 @ 3:49 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
stretch107 wrote :
Hey guys i wanted to know if any of you here noticed in int mixer mode the default fader curve is VERY sharp? i am talking about the channel faders, I even called Denon and asked them and they even went as far to test it and told me its linear but i know it can't be , it should be / but its more of a sharp curve up. I stopped using it in INT mixer mode because it was so off IMHO , FYI im not new to this lol i have used many mixers over the years.

Make sure that the faders on the screen are not moving when you move the faders on the unit. In INT-MIX mode they shouldn't be, unless you have a mapping issue. If they are, then that would explain your problem because the muting effect of the fader on the hardware and software would compound giving you an exponential curve, not linear.

Hope that helps.

Posté Thu 04 Oct 12 @ 6:44 am
Quick question guys, anybody knows if the LED along the bottom of the jog wheels is addresable in Virtual DJ, I would like to control that LED for some upcoming mapper features.

I've tried the following values and no luck:
<map value="LED_JOG"
<map value="LED_jog_wheel"
<map value="LED_jogwheel"
<map value="LED_wheel"
<map value="LED_JOG_TOUCH"
<map value="LED_JOGTOUCH"
<map value="LED_TOUCH"
<map value="LED_vinyl_mode"
<map value="LED_vinyl"

Posté Sat 01 Dec 12 @ 3:32 pm
Or is there a utility that has the ability to query all available funtions, buttons, lights available on a MIDI/HID device?

Posté Sat 01 Dec 12 @ 5:55 pm
No. The leds of the jogs are harware controlled by the device firmware. You can't control them...

Posté Sun 02 Dec 12 @ 4:21 pm
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
This will never work with any controller. The name you entered in the value tag is a name configured by the DEVICE file for the controller. You can see all configured values by clicking the pulldown menu at the upper right corner in your config / mappers area.

You can only use elements which are in the list. This is not a kind of programming language so it does not make sence to try all itterations of names you think of. It's just a list of names defined by the one who did the definition of the device.

In your case - the answer is given - there is no access possible. (atm)

Greets, Heiko

zacek100 wrote :
Quick question guys, anybody knows if the LED along the bottom of the jog wheels is addresable in Virtual DJ, I would like to control that LED for some upcoming mapper features.

I've tried the following values and no luck:
<map value="LED_JOG"
<map value="LED_jog_wheel"
<map value="LED_jogwheel"
<map value="LED_wheel"
<map value="LED_JOG_TOUCH"
<map value="LED_JOGTOUCH"
<map value="LED_TOUCH"
<map value="LED_vinyl_mode"
<map value="LED_vinyl"

Posté Sun 02 Dec 12 @ 4:26 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
No. The leds of the jogs are harware controlled by the device firmware. You can't control them...

yeah, i noticed that once I pulled the tech. data fron Denon :(

Posté Mon 03 Dec 12 @ 6:05 pm
jakovski wrote :
... You can see all configured values by clicking the pulldown menu at the upper right corner in your config / mappers area.

You can only use elements which are in the list...

actually, I found several lights not in the default controller definition file that are fully addressable and I found them by guessing :)

I am not sure what makes some functions and lights show up on the list or not. Maybe if they differ from the original VDJ definition then they show up, not sure. But for instance, the Transport Control CUE light on the MC6000 is fully addressable nonetheless it does not show in the default device definition file.

But yeah, the light indicator I'm after seems to be a dead end, what a waste, it is such a cool light.

Posté Mon 03 Dec 12 @ 6:15 pm
Let's take a moment to explain something:

VirtualDJ uses a "smart" mode to address the button leds:
If there's no specific code entered for a button led, then it uses the button's code to determine the status of the led.

So, if you have a button that's mapped as "keylock" and it has a led that you want to turn on/off if keylock is active, you don't need to enter any code for it's led. VirtualDJ will automatically use the button's code (keylock) to turn on/off the led.

Also:
You can see ALL the available LED's, buttons, encoders, faders, e.t.c for the device on the "Mappers" tab:
Open config, Go to "Mappers" tab, and select a mapper.
On the LEFT side of the window you can see ONLY the elements that have a code.
On the RIGHT side there's a drop down menu that shows ALL AVAILABLE elements that you can use to create/update/modify your mapper.
There's no need to "Guess" anything... All the available elements are there. They are not "hidden"!

Finally keep in mind that VirtualDJ Team uses a specific "naming" schema for various elements in order to make things simpler / more uniform.
From all the available elements you should avoid to alter ANY element that starts with "DNC"
DNC stands for "Do Not Change" and usually it has to do with some special feature(s) of some controllers.

MC-6000 does not have such elements. However more and more new controllers (especially Pioneer ones) have such features that you should not alter.

Thanks!

Posté Tue 04 Dec 12 @ 1:25 am
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
zacek100 wrote :
actually, I found several lights not in the default controller definition file that are fully addressable and I found them by guessing :)

I am not sure what makes some functions and lights show up on the list or not. Maybe if they differ from the original VDJ definition then they show up, not sure. But for instance, the Transport Control CUE light on the MC6000 is fully addressable nonetheless it does not show in the default device definition file.

You have looked wrong - open your config / mappers and click on the pulldown menu at the upper right corner. (Labled as KEY)

There you see a list of all possible usable elements. As explained - the NAME of an Element is defined by the one who did the definition. So it is not like guessing how it could be named - it's definitly on the list.

Again - this is not some kind of programming language - it's a list of defined names in the definition.

Greets, Heiko

Posté Tue 04 Dec 12 @ 10:16 am
@ PhantomDeejay: very useful information, thanks so much.

@ Heiko, you're absolutelly correct, I kept looking at that dropdown when the controller was either absent or powered off, therefore I never saw that dropdown list populated. Indeed all defined functions are there.

This is all very important information, thanks again.

Posté Wed 05 Dec 12 @ 4:57 pm
Hello All,

Wondering is there a way to have the four decks on my computer screen coincide with the four channels on my 6000 with all the selector switches turned to the MIDI and have it function the exact same way as if i was running just the two decks. Also let me clarify, is the sound that I'm having the issue with, the 6000 does control the start stop and volumes on the screen just can't get the sound from those channels to play thru like the original decks do.Thank you all for your help and input!

Posté Sun 17 Feb 13 @ 9:07 pm
93%