Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet The Denon DN MC6000 - Page: 38

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Hard to say, we need more details...

If all channels are on MIDI then make sure you are on PC-MIX mode (switch on back), also make sure channels 1 and 3 are set to the left of the crossfader and channels 2 and 4 to the right, this is done on the Skin on the colored numbers to the sides of the Crossfader.

Also setup the X-FADER countour/controls (on front of the MC6000) as follows:
- CH1: A
- CH2: A
- CH3: B
- CH4: B
- Contour: CENTER

Posté Tue 19 Feb 13 @ 5:18 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Thanks for the info. Since I can't get the Asio drivers to work at all I'll run with WDM this weekend and see what happens!

Cheers

Keith

Hi, i'm from Argentina.
I have the same issue, but i use win7 later and have no troubbles (even in x64). But a nice day...no sound when ASIO, but yes in WDM/4.1.
I want to know if you have solved this.!
Sorry 'bout my bad english..

Posté Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 8:51 pm
The WDM drivers work well.

Posté Wed 24 Jun 15 @ 4:06 am
pbouzanPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Blimey, this topic is still living!

I'm still using the WDM drivers with the Mk1 as well, does the job perfectly.

Posté Wed 24 Jun 15 @ 5:12 am
Ok I had the problem with jog wheel tried to scratch and didn't work. I try many things for 1 week and finally I did it.!!! I just went to Denon dj asio driver, and turn all the way up audio buffer size. It work for me hope fully works for you.
Cheers!!!!!!

Posté Fri 17 Jul 15 @ 11:45 pm
1vjdeePRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hi All....
Thinking of purchasing the MC6000mk3 and have one question, if I increase the master volume does it also increase the mic volumes.

Posté Tue 01 Sep 15 @ 9:21 pm
Unless you know something we don't there is no MC6000 Mk3. Only been two releases of this controller so far?

Keith

Posté Wed 02 Sep 15 @ 7:51 am
pbouzanPRO InfinityMember since 2007
And on both the Mk1 and Mk2 the master level control does affect the mic levels as well.

Posté Wed 02 Sep 15 @ 8:52 am
Yes, because it's a hardware mic input.

Posté Wed 02 Sep 15 @ 9:41 am
1vjdee wrote :
if I increase the master volume does it also increase the mic volumes.

Which master level ?
VirtualDj's or Denon's ?

Assuming that you are talking about the MK2 model keep in mind the following:

1) The "Master Volume" of the unit is hardware controlled.
2) VirtualDj's own "master" volume is always maxed when working with this unit.
3) Increasing Master Volume on the unit will make everything sound louder as you would expect from any mixer
4) MC6000MK2 has two volume knobs for the MIC's
5) You can use these knobs to control the volume of your mic's relative to the volume of decks
6) The volume of the MIC's is hardware controlled by the unit itself
7) If your MIC's don't sound loud enough (compared to the decks) you will have to lower the volume/gain of the decks, since MC6000MK2 does NOT have gain controls for the MIC's

Posté Thu 03 Sep 15 @ 6:41 am
Can i ask why vdj master is always maxed when used with this unit?

Posté Sun 25 Oct 15 @ 10:40 pm
It's always maxed in order to provide the soundcard of the DENON a full signal to work with. That's always the case with units that have hardware controlled master volume.

Posté Tue 27 Oct 15 @ 12:56 pm
Worked fine last time... now FUBAR.

I have the Denon MC-6000.
Firmware updated: 1.012
Denon DJ MC-6000 ASIO driver 1.0.1 for PC
Toshiba Satellite, SSD drive, blah, blah, blah.

Virtual DJ 8, latest non-beta release; b2523
DJ Dad's Combat Mirror Skin.
DN-MC6000 Mapper

Last gig everything worked fine. Now, I have no knob controls, no PFL buttons, I've tried all kinds of configurations, INT-MIX, PC-MIX. Nothing is working. I need troubleshooting help. I see many Youtube videos on the correct setup for the MKII and VDJ8, but am at a loss for finding help on definitive VDJ8 setup with the "MK 1".

Posté Sat 14 Nov 15 @ 1:32 am
Seems like my MC6000 has finally given up. Got to my gig tonight and setup only to find no sound output from either headphones or the mains output of my MC6000!

I use a boot camped Mac with Windows 7 to DJ with and have done for the last 5 years. I've also used the MC6000 from new for 4 years. I tried changing the USB cable, still no sound although the digital controls were still working, volume, eq, etc. Thinking it may be a Windows issue I switched to the Mac side as I have VDJ installed there as a backup. It was exactly the same. So that eliminated the computer and the operating systems.

I normally have my iPod running on one channel of the MC6000 as line input. I plugged the iPod lead into the Mac headphone socket and after switching the audio output from MC6000 to internal speakers I got output from VDJ. So, I had output that was passing through the MC6000 but as analog. Microphone was still working fine and started doing the gig like that. After half an hour the faders stopped working meaning the digital connection between the MC6000 and the computer had failed. Couldn't re-establish the connection. Had to DJ with the mouse pad on the Mac for most of the night with no way to use headphones for pre-listening, cueing, etc.

Managed the gig fine, the customers had a great night and were oblivious to the drama I was going through. After the gig I tried swapping my external hard drive and MC6000 USB connections, no difference. The meter switch on the MC6000 is normally set to master output. I switched it to 1-4 channels to find I had input from VDJ with the meters jumping yet no mains output or headphone output. This has convinced me that the digital sound on the sound card is not working but the analog is working. Dunno if this can be repaired or it's time to get a new controller. There are some other problems with the MC6000, channel 3 fader doesn't work and my right deck start button is so unreliable I use the CUE button to start the deck. I have a gig next Friday but the week after I start my Christmas parties for 25 consecutive nights!!! Gulp!!!

Posté Sun 15 Nov 15 @ 2:53 am
TIme to treat yourself to an early christmas present - a new controller! :-)

Maybe get the MC6000 fixed (if it's not too costly) and keep it as a backup unit.

Posté Sun 15 Nov 15 @ 10:12 am
Yep, haven't done much research yet, but, always thought to go to the MC6000 Mk2. Liking the look of the American Audio VMS4.1 instead as it's cheaper and is more like the original MC6000 with analog channels.

I'm sure my head will be battered by the end of today trying to decide what to get.

Posté Sun 15 Nov 15 @ 11:04 am
I would strongly recommend that you don't get the VMS4.1......Everything about it is inferior to Denon (etc) products.

I was unfortunate and bought the original VMS4. OK I know that the 4.1 is an improved version, but it's still (IMO) not up to much.

Posté Mon 16 Nov 15 @ 6:03 pm
Agreed. MC6000 Mk2 is the way to go.

Posté Mon 16 Nov 15 @ 6:19 pm
djlk4uPRO InfinityMember since 2008
For those with a Denon MC 6000 Here is a link to Teardown and Replace a 'Play or Cue' switch.

https://youtu.be/MvRwioDotUw

Hope you find it helpful...

Posté Tue 17 Nov 15 @ 10:51 pm
I watched that video from start to finish. Couldn't believe the amount of work involved just to replace a couple of buttons. Mine need doing, probably sweetheart someone else to do it after watching that lol.

Posté Wed 18 Nov 15 @ 7:40 am
95%