Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet The Denon DN MC6000 - Page: 9

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

splaoPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I just played my unit (mc6000) for 10 hours straight and it was flawless; build is great, sound quality is great, controls are very responsive. No freezes, no crashes, no problems at all. I was using windows 7 64 bit. I think the freezing issue has to do with specific units; maybe some of the units have a defect. I would suggest that if you have problems with your unit, take it to the store and exchange it for a new one and try it out. That is what I did and so far so good. I am very excited and I love this unit; makes me feel like playing all day.

changing your computer to 32bit will not stop the freezing problem; It froze on me with a 32 bit windows 7 comp.

Posté Sat 01 Jan 11 @ 11:53 pm
D'DoctaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you VDJ's!
Finally, got mine about lunchtime on Old Years Day, delivered through my freight forwarder to Trinidad from www.rkaudio.com for only $719. Unpacking it I was really pleased about the superior overall quality compared to the VMS4 I ordered recently, but returned it due to it's now well known issues. Btw, plenty years ago I was professionally trained and worked for many years as a TV/audio technician, so I know electronics inside out and can judge on quality!
Glad I didn't read the blogs over the last week from some of you guys who received the unit before me, cause otherwise I wouldn't have been so boldface and used the Denon as my standalone rig for my NYE gig, instead of my well trusted BPM STUDIO rack of the last ten years.... Man sometimes get really stupid when they come over 'something new and exiting' and they enjoy the 'challenge'...!
So, I had only two hours of time to setup and try out my new 'babe', before traveling and setting up at the venue. Here I was kind of puzzled, since the included manual only describes a new VDJ LE setup, but mentioned nothing about you already having a VDJpro installed (7.02). So I guessed I need to install it anyhow to get the mapping for the MC-6000. But than, how to do? Uninstall the VDJ pro first, install the LE and than install the pro again, or what....??? Anyhow, I had the LE CD already popped in my MacBook to see if there are any separate mapping files on, but couldn't find them, so I just pressed the install button, and to my surprise the installation went through successfully, never asking me for the serial no, and afterwards I expected also to see the LE icon in my application folder but there was only my old VDJpro icon. Hooked and fired up the controller, set it up internally according to the manual, found MC-6000 in the mapper scroll down... and BINGO! Sound came through with a high gain, very crisp via the RCA out on my home stereo. Checked out the mic channels and wowww, that's how I love to hear my voice compared to the VMS4! Very nice feature is the 'Ducked' button, what will lower the music automatically when talking in the mic. The echo effect, when carefully applied will help some weak voices for my karaoke sessions. Btw, for the KDJ's, if you use wireless mics where you can raise the output level to line level, you can utilize the Aux or Line inputs on channel 1 & 4 to hook up two more mics with full three band EQ's, but without the echo effect, so you can use four mics altogether! The only thing I have to criticize about the mic section is that the pots for the EQ are organized HF, MF, LF instead of LF, MF, HF and actually I would have preferred Denon would have added one more rack unit height to the top and have all controls on top
Checked the headphone output, blasting my ear away at about half full setting (another big difference compared to VMS4)! But than I got surprised hearing nothing on the Cue for channel 3, when i had the crossfader all the way over to channel 2; moving it slowly over to channel 3 I start to hear it. Looking up the internal System Diagram in the manual (many tanx to Denon for including that!) I understood what happened. Since the crossfader will always control the analog part of the mixer, and the output from VDJ to USB Ch1/2 & USB Ch3/4 is also controlled by the same crossfader, means it will mute the output from VDJ on Ch3/4 if it's all the way to Ch1/2 and hence the headphone output picks up the analog signal, there will be nothing left to listen to... So, solution was to set the CF on VDJ to center position and choose Video only for CF control. I'm a bit of disappointed by that, cause I expected I could crossfade the sound over by itself, and let the same video on for a while when you mix from a video to a mp3 for example.
Tried my 'backup IPod' on 'Aux through' on channel 1 coming through loud and clear, so i felt I was good to go!
Wasn't a big gig, so all I used was two EON's and the sound was excellent and the level always sufficient. Compared to my old PC based BPM STUDIO rig with MAYA EX soundcard, the sound had more brilliance and comparing the analog part of the Denon to my good old BIAMP mixer the only thing I miss is the separate XLR subwoofer output and maybe BIAMP's magic "Bass Impact" processor button.
The only 'hick up' I experienced, that suddenly after about 5 hours playtime, while a clip from the clipbank was feeding the flat screen, the clip froze in motion and I wasn't able to play a video or CDG anymore. That was easily fixed by deactivating and enabling the video output in the config menu. I never had that problem before using my VDJ without controller, but actually I doubt a controller could cause that problem. Maybe it's a glitch in the 7.02 update, what I also used the first time for a gig (I use a first generation unibody 13" MacBook, OS 10.5.8 and only 2GB ram).
Overall, I must admit I am deeply in love with my new "babe" and even without being installed in a flight case yet, she is looking absolutely sexy and professional, she beats my "ex" (VMS4) in every aspect!!
Btw, if you don't wanna add the size and weight of a professional flight case, I noticed by 'accident', that the unit fits perfectly snug on the bottom in one of my Vault Case VC-22. They are light weight, waterproof and similar quality like Pelican cases, but much cheaper and I use them normally for my cables. I also used that case to raise up my 'babe' during the gig. You will also be able to fit your laptop, mics and cables in and roll it nicely to your venue.
Haven't tried the effects and all the 'fancy buttons' yet and will keep you updated if I find something exciting or disturbing.
Cheers
D'Docta
www.callddocta.com

Posté Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 2:31 am
pbouzanPRO InfinityMember since 2007
D'Docta wrote :
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you VDJ's!
The only 'hick up' I experienced, that suddenly after about 5 hours playtime, while a clip from the clipbank was feeding the flat screen, the clip froze in motion and I wasn't able to play a video or CDG anymore. That was easily fixed by deactivating and enabling the video output in the config menu. I never had that problem before using my VDJ without controller, but actually I doubt a controller could cause that problem. Maybe it's a glitch in the 7.02 update, what I also used the first time for a gig (I use a first generation unibody 13" MacBook, OS 10.5.8 and only 2GB ram).

Now, strangely enough it was when I was selecting and enabling clipbank at my NYE gig that I lost video output too (blank screen). I managed to get it back by toggling the video tick box once but the second time needed a restart of VDJ. Very rare indeed as I'm always using clipback to fill in music gaps etc.

Posté Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 6:42 am
I got my MC6000 about 1 week ago. I used it for a New years eve gig with Virtual DJ Pro and I have a Super fast computer with lots of Ram.

It worked perfectly. I made lots of use of the Samples, Effects, Mic EQs on both mics and even tired the Echo effect on mic. The Sync button right on the MC6000 was so sweet! Way better then before when I used the HD2500 as Midi with VDJ before.

If anyone is wondering if the want to get this unit. I really suggest it. I know some folks have had issues with MC6000 but I think most of them are related to incorrect settings in VDJ or on the controller. Set your software back to factor settings and go step by step when setting up the MC6000 and you will be good to go as long as you have a good running computer.

Here is a photo from my gig NYE event.

Here is a video I made last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PsKbgwNae4

Posté Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 12:40 pm
Can anybody tell me how the button play feels like...compare with play and cue on the dac 3. On the dac3 play and cue are made from rubber and are too high...not slim. On the mc6000 play is plastic or rubber? Untill now the best button i've touched was on cdj400....

Posté Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 3:56 pm
splaoPRO InfinityMember since 2010
mc 6000 is all hard plastic besides the side panel, which feels like metal

Posté Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 4:22 pm
The buttons are perfect, they are not really soft rubber but not hard plastic either. They are very responsive and a light push is all that's needed.

P.S. The entire casing is in fact solid steel and not plastic as stated above.

Keith

Posté Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 4:35 pm
Dreaded freeze once again - I was using the jogwheels to scratch once again. This came 20 minutes into using the controlle.

Posté Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 11:03 pm
Think I'll hold off on this unit...........Somethings bound to work.

Huey

Posté Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 11:05 pm
I haven't used the jogwheels to scratch, in fact I've disabled vinyl mode.

Maybe the data transmitted during scratching is causing this issue?

Keith

Posté Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 2:49 am

Posté Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 6:58 am

Posté Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 7:04 am
Man!! after reading all these comments i think i might just stick with my denon hc 4500.. i never had a problem with it...

Posté Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 7:06 am
djpr1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
csmurphy wrote :
Dreaded freeze once again - I was using the jogwheels to scratch once again. This came 20 minutes into using the controlle.

This is exactly what happened to me...at least three times. One time it was during heavy beat juggling, the other times just scratch cueing the song.

Posté Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 7:54 am
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
splao wrote :
I would suggest that if you have problems with your unit, take it to the store and exchange it for a new one and try it out. That is what I did and so far so good. I am very excited and I love this unit; makes me feel like playing all day.

I don’t suggest doing that at all.
All units and drivers are exactly the same.

I believe the freeze is related to:
1. A sequence of keys or knobs pushed in some specific order
2. A bottleneck of MIDI in VDJ or in the Controller
3. Maybe the standard 2-Deck skin, which is not a perfect fit for the MC (4-deck skin is)

I’m 100% confident that this will be solved by a new VDJ build or MC firmware.
We just don’t know where it is at this point.

Posté Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 10:53 am
pbouzanPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Denon DJ wrote :
splao wrote :
I would suggest that if you have problems with your unit, take it to the store and exchange it for a new one and try it out. That is what I did and so far so good. I am very excited and I love this unit; makes me feel like playing all day.

I don’t suggest doing that at all.
All units and drivers are exactly the same.

I believe the freeze is related to:
1. A sequence of keys or knobs pushed in some specific order
2. A bottleneck of MIDI in VDJ or in the Controller
3. Maybe the standard 2-Deck skin, which is not a perfect fit for the MC (4-deck skin is)

I’m 100% confident that this will be solved by a new VDJ build or MC firmware.
We just don’t know where it is at this point.

The 4 deck skin is not, sorry.

As mentioned previously the assignments are wrong. Decks one and two should be on channels 2 & 3. Decks three and four should be on channels 1 & 4.

Posté Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 4:05 pm
okay.. now i just installed win 7 x32 new and had to config exactly like in the manual for 2deck mode...

its not working for me.. now i have deck a on channel 2 and deck b on channel 2 AND 3.... i was trying it for an hour and noting would work.. also i resete the midi channels....

the 4 deck mode is actually working so far.. now i have an automix active and will see if i get another freezing in the next two hours or not.....

Posté Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 5:48 pm
I have been playing with my mc6000 and vdj 7.0.2 running on a dell m90 precision laptop, 2.3ghz c2d, fx2500 video card 4g ram, windows 7. I have been tweeking windows 7 and vdj performance settings to eliminate the crackle but to no avail. My usb drivers are all up to date. Here's what I have observed: If I start vdj and only play audio mp3, no crackle -very nice sound! But when I start loading a music video, the audio starts to crackle. From then on, the audio crackles even if I load back all decks with mp3 audio-only music. I tried both 2 and 4 deck-skins and to no avail. It may sound that the laptop can't handle the increased bandwidth due to the video but it's a very much capable laptop and I have set its optimization to 'performance'. Then, I connected a different ASIO sound card, a Numark DJIO (select Numark ASIO at vdj) with the mc6000 still connected, using it just for the MIDI inputs to the vdj. And the crackle is gone! I love to keep my mc6000 but I am a video dj, hence, my materials are music video and I can't live with the crackle. And yes, I have also experienced vdj lock up and 'freeze' but other people had already expounded on that. Should I return my mc6000 or wait for an ASIO firmware and/or VDJ updates? Please help. Thanks and happy new year!

Posté Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 9:25 pm
vdjeddie wrote :
Then, I connected a different ASIO sound card, a Numark DJIO (select Numark ASIO at vdj) with the mc6000 still connected, using it just for the MIDI inputs to the vdj. And the crackle is gone!

Eddie, thanks for your report.
Can you uninstall all ASIO drivers and reinstall only the Denon DJ ASIO one, then try again?
WiFi was off?

Posté Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 10:57 pm
DJ-Evangel wrote :
okay.. now i just installed win 7 x32 new and had to config exactly like in the manual for 2deck mode...

its not working for me.. now i have deck a on channel 2 and deck b on channel 2 AND 3.... i was trying it for an hour and noting would work.. also i resete the midi channels....

Thanks for your report

For 2-Deck Skin...
Did you switch the mode to INT on the rear?
Did you select Aux or Line input for CH 1 & 4?
Did you select MIDI input on the mixer for CH 2 & 3?
Did you select External Mixer in the audio setup?

Posté Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 11:02 pm
23%