Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet The Denon DN MC6000 - Page: 10

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

yes, wifi is off....even reduced the video resolution to reduce overall computer bandwidth...i just tried it with the numark asio uninstalled, same result --crackles when music video is played...i started with the same tune in mp3 upon vdj start-up - no crackle...loaded the same tune in music video, the audio of the mp3 playing started to crackle just by loading the music video on the other deck...and from then on, audio crackles whatever u load on either decks (mp3 or music video)...btw, the likelihood for the VDJ to freeze in my case is if i activate the sonique animation effect while playing mp3 or music video.

Posté Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 11:22 pm
I am theorizing that the Denon ASIO USB driver output rate (frequency it communicates MIDI data to the VDJ) may be excessively high such that VDJ services it too often to a point that it slows down its own audio output rate to the MC6000 producing the crackle when video is active, ie., VDJ's processing bandwidth utilization is high. That may explain why my Numark DJIO ASIO sound card does not produce the crackle because its USB driver's data transfer mode or software MIDI update rate may be much slower than the MC6000's.

Posté Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 11:37 pm
Denon DJ wrote :
DJ-Evangel wrote :
okay.. now i just installed win 7 x32 new and had to config exactly like in the manual for 2deck mode...

its not working for me.. now i have deck a on channel 2 and deck b on channel 2 AND 3.... i was trying it for an hour and noting would work.. also i resete the midi channels....

Thanks for your report

For 2-Deck Skin...
Did you switch the mode to INT on the rear?
Did you select Aux or Line input for CH 1 & 4?
Did you select MIDI input on the mixer for CH 2 & 3?
Did you select External Mixer in the audio setup?

hello,
yes i switched it to int mix and the settings was exactly like discribted in the quick start for virtual dj.
but got the problems...

back to the 4 deck pc mix mode everything works fine for 3 hours last night in automix mode.. perfekt sound, nothing freezed..

i really want to keep my mc6000 but, but also want to use channel 2 and 3 for deck A and B, so the only way for that is the 2 deck int-mix mode? right? that is not working for me so far.....

and if i use the int-mix mode is that right that the sliders/faders(knobs dont move in virtual dj as it is also by the vms4? can i use this "fake-actions" to bring it on screen as i have it by the vms4 or not?

Posté Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 3:36 am
If using all four decks can the channel assignment of each deck be easily set to:

DECK 1 = Channel #1
DECK 2 = Channel #3
DECK 3 = Channel #2
DECK 4 = Channel #4

So one can use CHANNEL #1 & CHANNEL #3 for DECKS 1 & 2

And then assign the crossfader for just scratching samples over those two playing decks?

Hope that make sense.

DJ TAO of TAOTRONX :)

Posté Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 1:06 pm
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
vdjeddie wrote :
yes, wifi is off....even reduced the video resolution to reduce overall computer bandwidth...i just tried it with the numark asio uninstalled, same result --crackles when music video is played...i started with the same tune in mp3 upon vdj start-up - no crackle...loaded the same tune in music video, the audio of the mp3 playing started to crackle just by loading the music video on the other deck...and from then on, audio crackles whatever u load on either decks (mp3 or music video)...btw, the likelihood for the VDJ to freeze in my case is if i activate the sonique animation effect while playing mp3 or music video.

eddie, is it possible to obtain these same two files from you?
1 - mp3 file
1 - video file

please upload to:
yousendit.com (or similar) and send me the link by PM, many thanks !
I want ot perform this same test on my system.

Posté Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 4:40 pm
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
DJ TAO of TAOTRONX wrote :
If using all four decks can the channel assignment of each deck be easily set to:

DECK 1 = Channel #1
DECK 2 = Channel #3
DECK 3 = Channel #2
DECK 4 = Channel #4

And then assign the crossfader for just scratching samples over those two playing decks?

Hope that make sense.

Tao, I think its technically possible, but the VDJ Team would need to remap our mapper.

Posté Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 4:45 pm
Denon DJ wrote :

DECK 1 = Channel #1
DECK 2 = Channel #3
DECK 3 = Channel #2
DECK 4 = Channel #4

Hope that make sense.

Tao, I think its technically possible, but the VDJ Team would need to remap our mapper.

DENON,

Thank you very much for this information. Looking very forward to purchasing one from AMERICAN MUSICAL SUPPLY because of my M.S. DISABILITY STATUS their payment plan is the only way I can go. Unless if you would like to arrange something and I'd be happy to have DENON feature me with the product as a DJ with M.S. that can still mix better than most of the rest thanks to the technology that exists!!!

If so PM me or let me know here.

Again thank you so very much,

DJ TAO of TAOTRONX

Posté Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 5:15 pm
I don't mean to bash any particular laptop brand but this comes form an experience I had. I noticed a lot of people in this thread with crackling problems are using Dells. I discovered a long time ago that Dell laptops seem to have trouble with external soundcards when video is enabled. I had a friend's laptop I was trying to configure with his external soundcard and VDJ. We tried everything including a firewire soundcard, but no matter what, we still would get light crackling when video got enabled. We ended up going to a Toshiba and all was fine. I still have never been able to explain this problem other than it was a Dell issue. I have since set up dozens of machines with no issues.

Posté Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 11:43 pm

This should be possible if you change the mappings for each mixer item (Volume, cue, EQ low/mid/high and gain) to the following format:

action_deck 2 ? deck 3 volume_slider : action_deck 3 ? deck 2 volume_slider : volume_slider

For the other mixer items, replace each occurence of volume_slider with the appropriate action, e.g: eq_low

For the order 3 -> 1 -> 2 -> 4, use the following format:

action_deck 1 ? deck 3 volume_slider : action_deck 2 ? deck 1 volume_slider : action_deck 3 ? deck 2 volume_slider : deck 4 volume_slider

Posté Wed 05 Jan 11 @ 12:48 pm
jpboggis wrote :

This should be possible if you change the mappings for each mixer item (Volume, cue, EQ low/mid/high and gain) to the following format:

action_deck 2 ? deck 3 volume_slider : action_deck 3 ? deck 2 volume_slider : volume_slider

For the other mixer items, replace each occurence of volume_slider with the appropriate action, e.g: eq_low

action_deck 1 ? deck 3 volume_slider : action_deck 2 ? deck 1 volume_slider : action_deck 3 ? deck 2 volume_slider : deck 4 volume_slider

Thanks so much JPBOGGIS!!!! :)

Posté Wed 05 Jan 11 @ 3:59 pm
The best controller ever for mobile DJ,s, just plug and play.
Perfect sound quality and the mic,s are great.
Tested on Windows 7, 32-bit and OSX 10.6.5

Posté Thu 06 Jan 11 @ 1:03 am
pbouzanPRO InfinityMember since 2007
jpboggis wrote :

Thanks so much JPBOGGIS!!!! :)

Yes I concurr! the man is a legend in his own underpants!

Posté Thu 06 Jan 11 @ 6:12 am
Izm123PRO InfinityMember since 2009
VDJEDDIE can you try lowering your denon asio 2.2 latency audio buffer to 431samples(8ms) instead of the standard 10ms. I lowered mine and now the static crackling is gone!!! It makes no sense..if i increase above 10ms it doesnt help all the way up to beyond 20ms! My pc is working backwards. 431samples (8ms) works perfectly...if i increase to 432samples i get terrible distortion! What the hell could be going on! Some sample rates work others dont! its not even a linear issue?

Posté Thu 06 Jan 11 @ 6:38 pm
izm123...that tells me even more that something is not stable - a matter of 1 sample breaks the bank!...it's either by design or a manufacturing defect (bad component) considering that this is a very new product...yes, other users may not get the crackle/pop noise because they may not be playing music video...and nothing from the observations seems to show a trend, even the laptop brand -u have have a hp, i have a dell...yes, one says it works with a toshiba brand, but do they play music video?....i was so dissapointed and frustrated that i just returned my mc6000 for a refund...i'll wait it out for denon and vdj to flush out the bugs when playing music video.

Posté Thu 06 Jan 11 @ 8:24 pm
splaoPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I just came back from a live gig with my MC6000; doing karaoke and mixing music videos. I had no problems playing for 4.5 hours. So far I am very satisfied with the product. Now they need to come out with a bigger version. windows 7 64bit 4 gig of ram 1 gig vram

Posté Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 1:23 am
Just had an email from swanflight, they have said a custom case will be up on the site later today for the DN-MC6000 featuring two flaps at the front (like an adaptation on the Xone case with a single flap).

Will post a link when I spot it up there...

Posté Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 5:07 am
To Everyone That Has Been Freak'n Out about the pops and crackle noise w/ VDJ and MC6000 and various other setup's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HAVE FIXED MY SNAP CRACKLE POPPING AUDIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After 2 weeks of NO SLEEP.... installing and uninstalling, reinstalling OS & drivers, Day after day of internet research only to find hundreds
of other postings with the same problem... I Hope this Fixes everyones choppy skipping crackling popping noise
in the backround of mp3 audio play with ASIO DRIVERS.
Right click on desktop (open display Control panel) and go to properties for video card.
Click on settings
select - advanced
select - troubleshoot
pull back the hardware excelleration bar one or two notches from full out.
Restart VDJ and ENJOY THE CRAP OUT OR NOISELESS MUSIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope this works on everyones Laptop, not jusy my two Dell e1505's
Shots! SHOTS! Shots! Shots SHOTS! EVERYBODY!
Woooo Hoooooo!
Can wait to Rock this 6000 at my nexy next gig!
HC-4500 - For Sale! ..Lol

Posté Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 11:16 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
crowdpleasers wrote :
To Everyone That Has Been Freak\'n Out about the pops and crackle noise w/ VDJ and MC6000 and various other setup\'s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HAVE FIXED MY SNAP CRACKLE POPPING AUDIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After 2 weeks of NO SLEEP.... installing and uninstalling, reinstalling OS & drivers, Day after day of internet research only to find hundreds
of other postings with the same problem... I Hope this Fixes everyones choppy skipping crackling popping noise
in the backround of mp3 audio play with ASIO DRIVERS.
Right click on desktop (open display Control panel) and go to properties for video card.
Click on settings
select - advanced
select - troubleshoot
pull back the hardware excelleration bar one or two notches from full out.
Restart VDJ and ENJOY THE CRAP OUT OR NOISELESS MUSIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope this works on everyones Laptop, not jusy my two Dell e1505\'s
Shots! SHOTS! Shots! Shots SHOTS! EVERYBODY!
Woooo Hoooooo!
Can wait to Rock this 6000 at my nexy next gig!
HC-4500 - For Sale! ..Lol

I hope this fix is possible for a lot of our users. Unfortunately for me, my ATI CCC does not allow me to manage this. After some extensive testing I believe that the problem must come from either the ASIO driver itself or a combination of the ASIO driver and VirtualDJ\'s conversion of 48k to 44k.

Its not the best work around but... If you use the advanced sound card configuration and choose Speakers (DN-MC6000) and set up your sound for 2 or 4 decks the crackles and pops go away. Also ASIO in the advance audio is currently not working.

Here is a screenshot of a 2 deck advanced setup.

Posté Sun 09 Jan 11 @ 1:43 am
Many have emailed me asking what make video card i have?
ATI X1400 - I did a custom install and only installed the ATI driver - NOT the other program/file that wants to load w/ the driver itself.
If you don\'t have this card, find anything that disables graphic accelerations or possibly Direct Draw or Direct 3D.
One of my advanced settings says \"Use this setting to correct severe problems with DirectX accelerated applications\"
Another says \"Disable cursor and bitmap accelerations, use this setting to correct problems w/ mouse pointer and corrupt images.
The setting that gave me the audio problems said \"All Accelerations are enabled, Use this setting if your computer has no problems (recommended)\"
I have no display/resolution problems what so ever. CRACKLE IS GONE!
My friend has the same dell but with an intergrated Intel graphics card and he did not have the problem. When I uninstalled the ATI video driver and went back to generic Intel VGA video driver my problem went away, that\'s how i knew it had something to do w/ video...
My find was dumb luck, I tried ever other suggestion I found posted on the internet related to this problem. NOTHING ELSE WORKED FOR ME!
Good Luck!
Check my new rig!

Posté Sun 09 Jan 11 @ 1:26 pm
Hey Crowdpleasers,
I like how you modified the case to allow access to the knobs on the front of the MC6000. I've thought about buying one of these to allow me a smaller system that I can take to smaller events. Are you using any type of EQ with the Denon unit, or using it with a straight feed to your amps/speakers? How does it sound? How about the microphone input, does it provide satisfactory sound without being too hot?

Thanks,
Ross Henning
Tunes 4 My Party Houston DJ

Posté Sun 09 Jan 11 @ 6:44 pm
25%