Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Sujet My Library - The essential database tool - Page: 7

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Need some help how can I add this folders to my virtual dj set up, I have tried everything but I just cannot.

Posté Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 1:12 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
dj-in-norway wrote :

Super easy setup....
Simply drag and drop the content of the zip folder into My Documents/VirtualDJ/Folders (PC) or the Folders sub-folder location at the mac install location.

Download the zip file here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/16760/My_Library.html

PS! you should do this with without having VDJ open, else you will need to restart for it to take effect

Posté Wed 19 Nov 14 @ 8:56 am
I have a few computers running Virtual DJ 8 and I was wondering how I can view these filtered folders collectively. I took all the tracklists from the history folder from each machine and placed them into the history folder on the machine with "My Library". I was hoping It would sort but unfortunately it didn't. Any suggestions/comments?

Posté Tue 09 Dec 14 @ 3:01 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Hi,

Tracklist also may use the users original windows or user system name. If you have several computers, all must have the same system user. In case of Windows system, also use Windows 7 or up to preserve the same system path. On Macs, may use the same os version in all to preserve the same path too.

Check this: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20do%20I%20transfer%20the%20software%20from%20my%20old%20computer%20to%20my%20new%20computer.html

The logic is the same for what you want to do. If your user is: DJPETER, all computers should have this DJPETER in it's valid system users.

If you use external hard drives, you need to have them in the same logic letter across all computers too. Once you get it, it works perfect in all, I use it with my computers that way.

Posté Thu 11 Dec 14 @ 6:57 am
asthedj wrote :
is this for PC only ?

por both mac as well

Posté Mon 15 Dec 14 @ 11:16 pm
Nice Job!!

Posté Thu 15 Jan 15 @ 10:57 pm
RafBucPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hi!
First of all I want to thank you for this great tool and congratulate for it!
Because I don't know how to do it by myself, I need to ask you something!

How can I add another folder with its subfolders in your "My Library" tool beside the default folders, please?
Let's say that I would like to have a folder based by ... "COMMENT"!
How do I add this feature/filter, please?

Thank you so much!

Posté Sun 18 Jan 15 @ 4:18 am
Just create another filter folder and drag&drop it where you want it to be.

Posté Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 10:33 am
PachN wrote :
Just create another filter folder and drag&drop it where you want it to be.

I'm sorry but I don't really understand you, because I am so good at these things....yet!
Can you be more specific, please, and write me where do I have to drag & drop it?
I found out how to add a "FilterFolder", but I don't know how to include all the "Comment" fileds and to sort them!

Thank you in advance!

Posté Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 11:04 am
Have you tried group by comment?

As PachN says, once you have created your own folder, just drag it to the location you want/need (inside the other folders).

Posté Tue 20 Jan 15 @ 10:02 am
Thank you, I will give it a try!

Posté Tue 20 Jan 15 @ 1:48 pm
What if you don't have a "Folders" Folder in your virtual dj folder. There isnt one there so i created it and it does nothing. Running Virtual dj7 on windows 8 computer

Posté Tue 20 Jan 15 @ 9:30 pm
You have to unzip the My Library files and place them inside of the "Folders" folder.

Posté Wed 21 Jan 15 @ 4:55 am
I dont have a "Folders" folder

Posté Wed 21 Jan 15 @ 9:40 pm
Isn't this only for VDJ 8 ???

Posté Thu 22 Jan 15 @ 6:54 am
Ah yes you are right.
That is for V8 only.

Posté Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 4:11 am
I dont have a folders folder for virtual 8 either

Posté Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 12:16 pm
ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
Go to "My Dokuments" -> "VirtualDJ8" -> "Folders"

Posté Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 12:27 pm
Once Again, GREAT JOB DJ in Norway..

Maybe it's me, But.
Since we are in the Year 2015, I notice the Folder for the YEARS only went to 2014,
so I created a new Filterfolder titled 2015.
It's on the list with the other years (filterfolfers), BUT it's PUTs it on the bottom of the ordered (list).
I've manually moved to the top of the list, But after closing and reopening the Virtual Folder (Year), it's back at the bottom.
Any way to correct this..

Thanks

Posté Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 3:22 pm
JRamJams wrote :
Once Again, GREAT JOB DJ in Norway..

Maybe it's me, But.
Since we are in the Year 2015, I notice the Folder for the YEARS only went to 2014,
so I created a new Filterfolder titled 2015.
It's on the list with the other years (filterfolfers), BUT it's PUTs it on the bottom of the ordered (list).
I've manually moved to the top of the list, But after closing and reopening the Virtual Folder (Year), it's back at the bottom.
Any way to correct this..

Thanks

browse to this folder -> \Documents\VirtualDJ\Folders\My Library.subfolders\Year.subfolders
look for a file called order with no extension and edit it in notepad and arrange it how you want (one folder name per line) save it and all in right in the world.

Posté Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 3:52 pm
67%