Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Sujet master tempo makes a Distortion when bpm goes up or down (video) - Page: 3

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
In the case of an external mixer, the mixer gets both deck's outputs unmixed, so there is no issue when both tracks are at full volume.
It's the mixer doing the mixing, so that's where you'd control the equalizer then to make sure the output volume stays balanced.

Posté Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 5:01 am
DJAVIPPRO (OEM)Member since 2016
Adion wrote :
In the case of an external mixer, the mixer gets both deck's outputs unmixed, so there is no issue when both tracks are at full volume.
It's the mixer doing the mixing, so that's where you'd control the equalizer then to make sure the output volume stays balanced.

lets say that both faders are up in a mix and then you get what zacek100 says about the bass gets cut, the program sound comes first to the mixer EQ...

Posté Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 11:07 am
zacek100 wrote :

However there is still the audio quality problem, for example, playing the same track on both decks in sync will very often results in BASS and/or HIGHS dropping. As you nudge one of the tracks back and forth you will notice different issues. I would expect the LOWs of both tracks to add up just like in VD7 but the results is quite the opposite.

The same tracked synced on both decks will NOT result in double volume. It never does, but only in theory.
Even 0.5ms of latency (one track behind the other) will result on phasing/flanging effects (did you ever thought how a flanger effect works ?) and most likely will DROP the bass as a result of one frequence canceling the other.

As Wickedmix said, this happens with ANY medium and it's Audio Engineering 101.

On top of that, it's in the nature of Master Tempo algorithm to "destroy" the sound. The fact that you feed both decks with the same track does not mean that both tracks will receive the same "treatment" at the exact same spot because it's a real-time analyzing and synthesizing procedure.

Generally you SHOULD expect all kind of artifacts when syncing the same song on two decks, no matter the medium you use or the software / sound interface you use.

VirtualDj 7 may sounded better because after a specific point it could not add more detail on the sound. VirtualDj 8 can.

Finally keep in mind that depending on the dominating frequencies of a track, syncing a track on two decks will produce different "effects/artifacts" for each track! Others will flange more, other will phase more, e.t.c...

PS: I have two different tracks here that when beatmatched the bass drops to almost zero! :P They just happen to have opposite phasing ;)

Posté Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 5:17 am
DJAVIPPRO (OEM)Member since 2016
PhantomDeejay wrote :
zacek100 wrote :

However there is still the audio quality problem, for example, playing the same track on both decks in sync will very often results in BASS and/or HIGHS dropping. As you nudge one of the tracks back and forth you will notice different issues. I would expect the LOWs of both tracks to add up just like in VD7 but the results is quite the opposite.

The same tracked synced on both decks will NOT result in double volume. It never does, but only in theory.
Even 0.5ms of latency (one track behind the other) will result on phasing/flanging effects (did you ever thought how a flanger effect works ?) and most likely will DROP the bass as a result of one frequence canceling the other.

As Wickedmix said, this happens with ANY medium and it's Audio Engineering 101.

On top of that, it's in the nature of Master Tempo algorithm to "destroy" the sound. The fact that you feed both decks with the same track does not mean that both tracks will receive the same "treatment" at the exact same spot because it's a real-time analyzing and synthesizing procedure.

Generally you SHOULD expect all kind of artifacts when syncing the same song on two decks, no matter the medium you use or the software / sound interface you use.

VirtualDj 7 may sounded better because after a specific point it could not add more detail on the sound. VirtualDj 8 can.

Finally keep in mind that depending on the dominating frequencies of a track, syncing a track on two decks will produce different "effects/artifacts" for each track! Others will flange more, other will phase more, e.t.c...

PS: I have two different tracks here that when beatmatched the bass drops to almost zero! :P They just happen to have opposite phasing ;)

First of all it is important for you to know that I really love VDJ and i a using it for 8 years...
Second i played the two same tracks over and over in VDJ and T2 with nudging one of the tracks back and forth in both softwere And sounds that the T2 Dealing with that much better, It seems that the bass on the T2 is more soft And less tends to sound ike off mix.

Posté Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 12:24 pm
VDJZenPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I agree too...Been using virtual DJ for almost 7 years...Im noticing this issue only in VDJ 8. Volume is dropping, but the gain is at peak. Im using VDJ with Pioneer DDJ SR. I prefer using VDJ instead of Serato. But, i cant compromise on the quality like this. need a quick fix.

Posté Sun 26 Oct 14 @ 1:34 am
Sorry guys, I've been away for a while, was this issue ever fixed?

Posté Sat 28 May 16 @ 5:44 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)