Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet VDJ image - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

groovindj wrote :
scratcher_81 wrote :
I would like to have for example a default skin that has the browser maximize function

See the Browser Zoom skin by djtouchdan. It's the default skin but with browser zoom (as the name implies).

That is my point exactly. I don't want to use another skin just to have some of the basic function.
Like yesterday i downloaded the BrowzerZoom skin to try it out. I was doing some normal operations like drag and drop songs, listening to some tunes and i clicked on the browzer zoom button and bang... virtual dj froze and stopped responding and i had to end the process.
We want a default skin with some basic functions that are present in all major dj softwares like browser zoom and 4 decks swaping

Posté Fri 22 May 15 @ 2:43 am
I would be pretty certain that you lock up is related to your system rather then the skin.

That skin has been available for 12months and not 1 other user has reported that issue. There have been no changes to the skin engine that would affect it either.

Posté Fri 22 May 15 @ 2:59 am
Of course everybody like nicer things, and for v8 I personally use a none-default skin.
But I do think it simply comes down to what you are used to looking at.

I've discussed this before regarding the other 2 big softwares out there, and I personally think they look horrible. But we are so used to them (they don't have the option of chosing another skin) that we don't notice how horrible they look anymore...

So if it's between those 3, the default VDJ skin has the most nice and clean pro look IMO.
The others look like colorful toys im comparison

Posté Fri 22 May 15 @ 3:25 am
djtouchdan wrote :
I would be pretty certain that you lock up is related to your system rather then the skin.

That skin has been available for 12months and not 1 other user has reported that issue. There have been no changes to the skin engine that would affect it either.

Yeah could be...regardless of the fact that i have been using vdj 8 on the same pc since when it came out and i never had a hiccup with the default skin...Anyway all i am saying is that we should have those 2 basic function in the default skin and if a user needs a more specific looking skin, he can use a custom one.

Posté Fri 22 May 15 @ 6:06 am
Midnightblue skin in controller mode is the best interface i have ever seen djtouchdan should get Nobel prize for this skin cheers man .
it's similar to traktor but it's not the same, it's better because big browser and better focus on your music collection!
I think this should be default skin in virtual dj, dj's can concentrate more on controller and music !
plus this is unique look compared to serato and traktor ,this is better, with this skin 70% of browser better view on your music collection
this is what Virtual dj need. virtual dj 8 should come up with this skin, this is for profes. dj 's :simple player's , big browser ,big wave's it's easier searching for the songs !
more dj's would be interested if this layout if could be default
this skin should be default for pro dj's
In controller mode this is the best skin for dj-ing
midnightblue skin with 70% of browser is the main reason why i have stayed with vdj otherwise would be the traktor

Posté Fri 22 May 15 @ 7:05 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
scratcher_81 wrote :

I downloaded the BrowzerZoom skin to try it out. I was doing some normal operations like drag and drop songs, listening to some tunes and i clicked on the browzer zoom button and bang... virtual dj froze and stopped responding and i had to end the process.

Funnily enough, last night was my 2nd night using a 3rd party skin (orangejuice), before I started my set I selected about 15 files to scan, went to the bathroom and when I returned VDJ had closed and there was a "runtime error" message - now I've been running this version of VDJ8 for months (5 nights per week), I always scan newly added files and proceed to start my set shortly afterwards, it's never once crashed during this operation, or any other operation for that matter. Is it a coincidence? Or do many of these 3rd party skins compromise stability? It's not a risk I'm willing to take, back to the official skin (sadly).

Posté Fri 22 May 15 @ 11:07 am
I have never used the default and never had an issue. Maybe it's just coincidence or possibly a corrupt file crashed the scan

Posté Fri 22 May 15 @ 1:11 pm
I'm like Keith, never have used the default skin. I've either made my own or found one to my liking and never have crashed.

Posté Sat 23 May 15 @ 5:25 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

I stumbled across this guy who runs a popular youtube channel on everything DJ related, I tend to agree with more points than not, and he's basically said what many of us have been saying here on the subject of VDJ's image:

Serato vs Traktor vs Virtual DJ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-z3_UzEwyc

Posté Sat 30 May 15 @ 6:36 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Mostly true, he admits his naivety so he doesn't get script and API (the strongest +'s for VDJ), but several skins in the msi package (default & something less newb centric) would be a help to make a better first impression.

Posté Sat 30 May 15 @ 8:21 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)