Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet VDJ8 crashing

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi All,

Im using a mac, with osx lion 10.7.5 with vdj8 version v8.2 b3994. I have a numerk ns6 controller.
I've had an issue at a couple of gigs where I get the Mac loading symbol come up and I can not do anything. Song keeps playing but once the song ends I cannot select or play anything else untill it's finished doing what ever it's trying to do.
I've had this while using the controller and also with out so don't think it's a controller software issue.
Yesterday I helped out at a festival so just used vdj8 without a controller and just played a playlist on automix. I did try out the vdj8 remote app seeing as I wasn't in one place all the time as helping with other duties. Seemed to be ok for a while but same thing, get the loading symbol and then nothing untill it's finished sorting itself out. I noticed while this happens the cpu usage on the vdj8 screen is very low as it usually is.
Also yesterday vdj8 closed twice by itself - no music..
I ended up opening and using vdj7 and ran that for the rest of the day with no issues at all.
Any ideas?

Thanks - Mark

Posté Sat 25 Nov 17 @ 9:23 pm
Lars1367PRO SubscriberMember since 2018
I have been having issues similar to that. VDJ stutters, and even crashed a couple of times. I figured it may be my hardware as that is getting to be a little older but I'm seeing similar issues with other folks running new hardware as well. Also, I don't have the issue when running other apps with my same devices and controllers.

Posté Mon 27 Nov 17 @ 2:09 pm
same problem, I have been using VDJ for 5 years and never had to restart while at a gig, this pst Black Wednesday I had to stop and restart the program.

1. Is it my MacBook not strong enough?
2. is VDJ8 having problems?? (if so please tell me I have two big events this month)

please help

Posté Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 12:15 am
Thought my issue may have been my Mac but I only use it for djing and it will run vdj7 all day long with not a hint of any issues so suspect it is something in vdj8.

Posté Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 3:56 am
Just happened tonight.... was plugged into Cdj 2000 and all of sudden, the jog wheel went crazy, next thing you know it froze... had to restart!!!! My Mac is brand new!!!

Posté Wed 29 Nov 17 @ 2:44 am
Anybody???

Posté Thu 30 Nov 17 @ 10:55 pm
mikecruz23 wrote :
Just happened tonight.... was plugged into Cdj 2000 and all of sudden, the jog wheel went crazy, next thing you know it froze... had to restart!!!! My Mac is brand new!!!

try new USB cables. try a powered USB hub.

just ideas

Posté Thu 30 Nov 17 @ 11:47 pm
You think it’s the usb cables.... never thought of that???

Posté Fri 01 Dec 17 @ 4:08 am
If you get an actual crash where the software restarts itself, a crash report is generated, and if you are online, it's send to Atomix
So in that case the VDJ support team can see exactly what went wrong on your setup, and you can have them look into it by opening a ticket in the support system here:
https://virtualdj.com/contact/step2.html

Usually they point you to a specific driver that is causing the issue, but sometimes it can be an actual bug that you have somehow triggered, so this is good info for everybody

If you feel it's only happened after a certain point in time, you could try to go back to a build you feel is from before it happened, to see if that helps.
You can get the older builds here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html

Posté Fri 01 Dec 17 @ 6:26 am
I didn’t know that.... I will connect to my XDJ this afternoon and see if it does it again!!!

Also don’t what to sound stupid, but what do you mean by older builds??

Posté Sat 02 Dec 17 @ 12:56 pm
mikecruz23 wrote :
Also don’t what to sound stupid, but what do you mean by older builds??

Oh, it's older versions. They are named/numbered as builds.
Every time the dev team combines and compiles all the parts of the software, to make it ready for download and install, it get a build number from the build server. Not all builds makes it through the build process, the alpha test, the beta test, the early access phase and on to become a final public release. So the numbers on the available builds jump

This is common for almost all software development, but a lot of companies then give it a marketing name also like v 2.0, v2.1 , v2.2 and so on

VDJ has been named v8.2 for over a year, but we get new builds with fixes and new features several times a month.
These are actually new versions, but they are just named after the build number

Posté Sat 02 Dec 17 @ 2:41 pm
hey buddy, so today I was just using my laptop and g-Drive thunder bolt and it frozen but came back.. I think it might be the laptop, I am going to reinstall 7 for now, I have a gig tonight so don't need to have mistakes

Posté Sat 02 Dec 17 @ 7:08 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)