Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Pioneer DDJ-XP1 - Support

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Pioneer DDJ-XP1

As of Build 4032*, the Pioneer DDJ-XP1 is now natively supported along with 16 Pad Pages support in the default VirtualDJ GUIs.
Manual : http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjxp1.html

* Build 4032 is currently in Early Access, so you will need to enable the earlyAccessUpdates setting from the OPTIONS tab of VirtualDJ Settings.

Posté Tue 19 Dec 17 @ 12:38 pm
Well time to grab this bad boy, Thanks team!

Posté Tue 19 Dec 17 @ 2:05 pm
I don't get the "along with 16 Pad Pages support in the default VirtualDJ GUI" part

Can you enable a GUI with 16 pads on each deck?
Because in that case I can't seem to figure out how :)

Posté Tue 19 Dec 17 @ 2:15 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The Pads 9-16 (for Hotcues, Sampler and KeyCue pages) are displayed on the default GUIs only when a controller with 4x4 (or more) Pads matrix layout is connected, such as the DDJ-XP1, Launchpad, APC mini etc A custom skin could offer this by default though.
You can also edit the default GUI and get rid of the pad_has_16pads visibility action

Posté Tue 19 Dec 17 @ 2:52 pm
Ooh, I must give this a try. By coincidence my Launchpad is sitting right here. :-)

Posté Tue 19 Dec 17 @ 5:37 pm
jlopez9PRO InfinityMember since 2013
hello i just connect my ddj xp1 and my software vdj 8 pro infinity dont reconice my controller can you please help??

Posté Tue 13 Feb 18 @ 3:54 am
i plug my controller and virtual dj don't recognize it what can i do? my vertion is v8.2 b3994 i have virtual dj pro infinity install please help

Posté Tue 13 Feb 18 @ 5:00 am
jlopez9 wrote :
i plug my controller and virtual dj don't recognize it what can i do? my vertion is v8.2 b3994 i have virtual dj pro infinity install please help

It's still in early access, so you need to enable early access builds in your settings, and let it install. Then you should get b4064 which has support for this unit included

Posté Tue 13 Feb 18 @ 6:14 am
It's still in early access, so you need to enable early access builds in your settings, and let it install. Then you should get b4064 which has support for this unit included

and how can I do these in a Mac on my window laptop works fine but not on MacBook Pro can you please help

Posté Tue 06 Mar 18 @ 2:54 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Just search in the VDJ Options for "earlyAccessUpdate".

Posté Tue 06 Mar 18 @ 8:49 am
I'm looking for the DDJ XP1 Device Definitions XML file. I understand that the device definitions are embedded in Virtual DJ, but I'm looking to recreate a Mapper XML file so that I can use the DDJ XP1 with Bome Midi Translator Pro. To do so, I should be able to copy the mapper information (most of it at least) to a custom midi mapper file, but I need the device definitions file for this method to work.

Sure, I could remap and rename everything, buuuuut I'd rather not spend a ton of time doing so.

If anyone can help me get the Device Definition XML file that'd be glorious.

Posté Mon 05 Aug 19 @ 3:52 am

Posté Mon 05 Aug 19 @ 12:13 pm
Just checking back in on this. If anyone at VDJ can provide the XML file that's embedded in the product that would be amazing. Thanks.

Posté Sat 10 Aug 19 @ 1:18 pm
No, they don't do that. It's embedded for a reason.

Posté Sat 10 Aug 19 @ 1:24 pm
Circuit XL / Mister Northside wrote :
I'm looking for the DDJ XP1 Device Definitions XML file. I understand that the device definitions are embedded in Virtual DJ, but I'm looking to recreate a Mapper XML file so that I can use the DDJ XP1 with Bome Midi Translator Pro. To do so, I should be able to copy the mapper information (most of it at least) to a custom midi mapper file, but I need the device definitions file for this method to work.

No, you don't. If all you want is to create a custom mapper FOR VirtualDJ then definition file has no use for you. Just edit one single item on default mapper and you'll get a copy of it on your Documents\VirtualDJ\Mappers directory that you can edit.
If you want to use BOME as an intermediate "translator" then you'll have to create a definition from scratch for the translation you're doing. (different device id's, different midi notes, different channels e.t.c.)

Perhaps if you describe better what you want to do, we can help you by providing the necessary guidance.

Posté Sat 10 Aug 19 @ 6:41 pm
@GroovinDJ - And what's the reason for that? Someone had to have done it already, and I'm just trying not to redo the hard work they already did.

@PhantomDeeJay - Thanks for the response. So, I won't actually be translating any midi through BOME to VDJ. The DDJ XP1 midi signal will pass straight through to VDJ- unchanged. However, I will also be sending midi through BOME to Ableton. I hope to use most of the deck buttons etc with VDJ and the pads etc with Ableton.

I did try and take the "Pioneer DDJ XP1" xml file and move most of the mapping to another "SIMPLE_MIDI_0_0" xml file. Really everything except for the first 2 lines.

Unfortunately, that did work, as none of the mapping was then shown in VDJ.

So, yes, I do realize that I could re-map everything to my hearts content, but I was hoping for a quicker solution.

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Posté Sun 11 Aug 19 @ 2:05 am
Your way of thinking is wrong here.

What you need to really do is to create a custom Virtual MIDI device to talk from VirtualDJ to Ableton.
This Virtual MIDI device does not need to have anything in common with DDJ-SP1, nor to mimic any MIDI messages.

Depending on what you want to do, you define buttons and leds in your VirtualDJ virtual MIDI device and then you trap the same messages on Ableton.

If you want to SEND a command to Ableton you have to define a LED in VirtualDJ
e.g.: <led note="0x01" name="SEND_ABLETON_PLAY" channel="0"/>
If you want to RECEIVE a message from Ableton you'll have to define a button:
<button note="0x01" name="STATUS_ABLETON_PLAY" channels="0"/>

In this scenario even if you had access to device definition of DDJ-SP1 it would be useless in order to achieve what you want. Also if you wanted to mimic it's messages you would have to reverse it. You would have to define the leds as buttons and the buttons as leds.
However, there are some good news:
What you want to do (talk via MIDI to another application) can be done easily, and it actually has been done already
Take a read on the following thread: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/218737/VirtualDJ_Plugins/The_Advanced_Freestyler_integration_thread.html
It's for Freestyler, but I believe you'll understand how things work.
It even offers a virtual device definition that you can use/edit to create your own.
The only thing that you'll have to do is to map the correct MIDI notes.

Posté Sun 11 Aug 19 @ 1:07 pm
Thanks. I appreciate the response.

I'm not certain you understand what I'm looking to do, but I'll read more about what you've described and see if it's a better solution.

I don't think I want to control Abelton through VDJ - I want to set very specific and custom translations for Abelton by way of BOME.

At the same time, I want to control certain things in VDJ using the DDJ XP1 with the same functionality as is already set up with the default mapper.

The routing is easy, I just do not wish to remap everything again in VDJ as it has already been done for the default mapper.

Posté Sun 11 Aug 19 @ 6:24 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)