Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet New Pioneer DDJ-1000 - Page: 3

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

I tried RB when it 1st came out. It was horrible. I'm sure Pioneer has improved it quite a bit by now. I have read its a resource hog so I'm gunshy using it live.

Posté Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 8:48 pm
I think, RB is not the Problem.
The Software is "OK", but for me VDJ ist the best.

I will use RB as long as i Need, but if VDJ has got the mapping for the Controller, i will Change back to VDJ.

Hope they will work faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast.
:-)

Posté Wed 24 Jan 18 @ 6:43 am
LDJMaxPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi,
Do someone know if the pads are pressure sensitive?

Posté Thu 25 Jan 18 @ 5:01 am
LDJMax wrote :
Hi,
Do someone know if the pads are pressure sensitive?

Just saw a reviews video, and yes they are pressure sensitive
EDIT: Sorry that was the jog wheels (being pressure sensitive, and not touch sensitive like on most controllers)

Posté Thu 25 Jan 18 @ 8:29 am
It looks like the hardware effects is sending info to the software (Rekordbox by default) and use the software effects, when a laptop is connected
So I guess that (theoretically) makes it possible for VDJ mapping/control of the effect "channel"...

Posté Thu 25 Jan 18 @ 9:19 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Could you use the mixer in hardware mode and the decks in midi?

Posté Thu 25 Jan 18 @ 9:27 am
klausmogensen wrote :
It looks like the hardware effects is sending info to the software (Rekordbox by default) and use the software effects, when a laptop is connected
So I guess that (theoretically) makes it possible for VDJ mapping/control of the effect "channel"...

According to this interview from NAMM the beat effects are fully hardware effects...i wonder about release fx because I don't see enough on the controller to be hardware fx.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1829772967063821&id=114193768621758

Posté Fri 26 Jan 18 @ 12:54 am
seems its already for sale outside of the USA

Posté Fri 26 Jan 18 @ 8:31 pm
ive applied for finance on one but pretty sure i wont get as ive been turned down once before but heres hoping

if not the credit card it is

Posté Sun 28 Jan 18 @ 7:55 am
Expecting delivery of the DDJ-1000 tomorrow, 1st thing ill try is mapping it to VDJ. I’ll post the results

Posté Mon 29 Jan 18 @ 10:32 pm
sweet post up some clear pics!

Posté Mon 29 Jan 18 @ 11:18 pm
nice one look like ive been accepted for finance so should have one by next week myself

Posté Tue 30 Jan 18 @ 6:27 am
Ok, So my DDJ-1000 is plugged in, connected to my PC laptop which is running Virtual DJ 8

Initial things to note
- very pretty device (I had a DDJ SX before and the larger wheels are impressive)
- Out of the box nothing works with Virtual DJ8
- VDJ sees it as a custom controller and creates an empty custom mapping
- I have successfully mapped Cue & Play/pause
- Stuck now with crossfader
- If i move the crossfader the detected midi shows all of the following:
6-ENCODER31
6-JOG31
6-SLIDER31
6-SLIDER63
6-JOG63
6-ENCODER63

I have tried mapping 6-SLIDER63 to crossfader, but the result just makes the crossfader jump around randomly

Anyone can help me on this ?

Posté Tue 30 Jan 18 @ 7:09 pm

Posté Tue 30 Jan 18 @ 7:56 pm

Posté Wed 31 Jan 18 @ 5:47 am
Actually VirtualDJ starts counting MIDI channels from 0 while the doc starts from 1. Therefore it's ok to see 6 on VirtualDJ when 7 is mentioned on the doc.
On the other hand, the crossfader is 14-bit MIDI. In other words it sends 2 messages, not one.
With simple MIDI wrapper you can't use 14-bit MIDI (2 MIDI messages for a single element). You'll have to use only the MSB (Most Significant Byte) which means 6-SLIDER31 element

If you wish to use 14bit MIDI (and take advantage of the higher resolution it offers) then you need to create a proper device definition.

Posté Wed 31 Jan 18 @ 6:54 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Given what we now know about the controller and how popular it is, how likely is native support looking?

Posté Wed 31 Jan 18 @ 1:52 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I'm sure the VDJ engineer will do their best to natively support this controller.
But it'll depend on how hard it is to "unlock" the controller.

Posté Wed 31 Jan 18 @ 3:59 pm
djsalviPRO InfinityMember since 2007
hrdnx wrote :

"The DDJ-1000 comes with a Rekordbox DJ licence, and it’s compatible with Rekordbox DVS, meaning you can connect your turntables or media players to spin with timecode vinyl / media.
It also works as a standalone mixer, meaning you can run audio without a laptop: there are four pairs of switchable RCA phono / line inputs for hooking up turntables and DJ media players like CDJs or XDJs. You also get two microphone inputs, two USB jacks for hooking up two laptops, XLR and 1/4″ master outputs and 1/4″ booth outputs."

But, I think you need to buy a Recordbox licence to activate the DVS...

Posté Thu 01 Feb 18 @ 12:36 am
Well a VirtualDJ representative said "real soon" on Facebook and that to me means days or weeks but who knows.

Posté Thu 01 Feb 18 @ 12:48 am
22%