Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet New Pioneer DDJ-1000 - Page: 9

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

They shouldn't care what software we use, unless data farming is somehow involved (for future tech). We'd still use their product, at a high price and it's less for them to develop. It's going to take 1 hell of an offer to shift us VDJ users over. We're too heavily invested and the devs here are to quick at catching anything missing, mostly being well ahead.

Posté Tue 27 Feb 18 @ 5:14 pm
I was hoping they would have released something by now, I’ve had my free video trial so this week I will have to buy the video Addon just to use till VDJ is updated.

Posté Tue 27 Feb 18 @ 6:20 pm
That's a bummer. How much is the video plugin?

Posté Tue 27 Feb 18 @ 6:35 pm
£120

Posté Tue 27 Feb 18 @ 9:17 pm
Jesus. That's insane.

Posté Tue 27 Feb 18 @ 9:40 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Last I checked RB will not read audio and video files in the same folder, they have to be one or the other?

Posté Tue 27 Feb 18 @ 10:49 pm
any updates on the mapping process yet? lets hope its all going smoothly.

Posté Wed 28 Feb 18 @ 11:09 am
Nothing since the last update you were given on the previous page.

Posté Wed 28 Feb 18 @ 11:25 am
djsimonreed85 wrote :
I was hoping they would have released something by now, I’ve had my free video trial so this week I will have to buy the video Addon just to use till VDJ is updated.

You people really gotta do your research, just rent the program for $20 and the video plugin and DVS is included......

Come on guys get a grip already. Quit bitchin at VDJ about a controller that wasn’t even made to be used with VDJ in the first place.

Posté Wed 28 Feb 18 @ 12:48 pm
bagpuss wrote :

Last I checked RB will not read audio and video files in the same folder, they have to be one or the other?

Not true. It’ll read both in the same folder, I just updated to 5.2 this morning and it was working.

Posté Wed 28 Feb 18 @ 12:49 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
djsimonreed85 wrote :

You people really gotta do your research, just rent the program for $20 and the video plugin and DVS is included......

Come on guys get a grip already. Quit bitchin at VDJ about a controller that wasn’t even made to be used with VDJ in the first place.

Thanks for the info, I didn’t think about doing it that way but who is bitching? I was just seeing if there were any updates, at the end of the day, I have paid for the software so I am well in my right to ask about progress.

Posté Wed 28 Feb 18 @ 1:02 pm
Atomix don't give frequent development updates, it's been like that since time began and won't change for one controller.

The previous statement said they are working on it with no ETA and that still stands.

Posté Wed 28 Feb 18 @ 1:31 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
bagpuss wrote :

Not true. It’ll read both in the same folder, I just updated to 5.2 this morning and it was working.

It's true within the context of the comment, i.e "the last time I checked" it was true then, but thanks for confirming that they've solved this.

Posté Wed 28 Feb 18 @ 5:30 pm

As much as I think this is a great controller and I'm keen to rush out and buy it, I will not be investing in it on the strength of pledged support. I'll be hitting the buy button the day I download an update with DDJ-1000 support in the changes list.

Posté Wed 28 Feb 18 @ 5:33 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
That's insane.

Not if you got Rekordbox DJ as a freebie, bundled with your controller. Total cost £120.

Even if you paid for Rekordbox DJ, the total is £232 which isn't that much more than VDJ.

Posté Wed 28 Feb 18 @ 5:59 pm
Yes, Rekordbox is free to download and use. The Pioneer DDJ-1000 is supplied with a serial key that can be entered into Rekordbox which changes it to Rekordbox DJ. Been messing around with Rekordbox DJ for 2 weeks and had the previous problem of not being able to mix mp3s and mp4s in the same playlists. That is a big deal for me as all my new tunes over the last 10 years have been nothing but video, although, I don't present video at my current Hotel residency, just the audio from them. I've loaded 10k of my house tunes which are mp3s just to mess around, it took 4 days and nights to analyse them! I've updated to Rekordbox DJ 5.2 a few days ago, but, haven't tried with the playlists.

It's interesting to mess with other software, but, I won't be gigging with the DDJ-1000 until it has native support from Atomix. I've used Virtualdj for over 10 years and currently don't see any reason to change.

Posté Wed 28 Feb 18 @ 9:23 pm
Pah! Well now, after some investigations I've found that I can't import video files, or add video to playlists, because I don't have the video plugin. It is available for a 30 day trial, but, as I'm not gonna be gigging with it I don't know whether to bother messing with it. It is possible to analyse videos in the folders in the media tree and load to the decks and play them. It all seems very messy to me, another plus for VDJ. ;-)

Looking forward to native support in VDJ.

Posté Thu 01 Mar 18 @ 3:09 am
MORNING

There is a Flighcase from SWAN FLIGH CASES.
It looks perfect for me, but i have one question:

Is it possible to use the Controller in the case without the top.
So, can is use the Headphone-Port on the front and the other ports on the back or do i have to put the Controller out of the case for a gig?

Posté Thu 01 Mar 18 @ 6:32 am
Have no worries, the answer is YES, I have mine in the purpose designed Swan Flight Case.

There is hard sponge packing on both sides inside shaped for the DDJ-1000 to sit in so there is no sideways movement, and also extra bits at the back to hold it a few inches away from the back (bottom when carrying). There's designed hard sponge in the lid to hold the jog wheels as well as extra lumps at the back/bottom to hold the The DDJ-1000 a few inches away from the back (bottom when carrying. The DDJ-1000 almost sits on top of the base with full access to the front Headphone socket and full access to all connections on the back.

It doesn't mention in the description that there is space under the DDJ-1000 of 45mm or 1 3/4inches, plenty of storage for wires.

With the DDJ-1000 inside it weighs 15kg or 2st 4lbs, not as heavy as I thought it would be.

Swan Flightcase

Posté Thu 01 Mar 18 @ 10:46 am
F.A.O. Paulinio81

Here is a pic of the flightcase with the DDJ-1000 sitting in it showing the space at the back 80mm x 510mm. Don't forget there is 45mm underneath the controller too;

Posté Thu 01 Mar 18 @ 2:26 pm
65%