Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Sujet Reloop Beatmix skin for VDJ 2018 doesn't support Browser Zoom

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello,
I've just upgraded from VDJ 7 to the new 2018 and apparently my Reloop Beatmix controller isn't fully supported.
Specifically, the Browser Zoom button doesn't show up on screen and I can't zoom the playlist for fullscreen as I've used to before.

Is there a solution for this without using the default VDJ skin instead?

Posté Sun 19 Aug 18 @ 10:05 pm
Are you trying to use a v7 skin on v8/2018?

Posté Mon 20 Aug 18 @ 6:14 am
Yes,
Apparently there is no v8 skin for my controller which is Virtual DJ native and was made specifically for Virtual DJ.

Posté Mon 20 Aug 18 @ 6:42 am
No, controller skins are rarely made anymore. They are seen as kind of a gimmic

So if you don't like the default skin I suggest choosing one of the more pro v8 skins. Most of them will have the zoom feature. Like "Controller HD by DennYo"

Posté Mon 20 Aug 18 @ 7:43 am
Thank you for the help!
I will try that also.

Regarding the Browser Zoom, I get the feeling that something very small is missing which I can reconfigure / change in the skin itself.
So if those who know how to build skins can help, I might be able to update the skin to allow browser zoom.

Is there any documentation on how to do that? (building skins and configuring them)

Posté Mon 20 Aug 18 @ 7:49 am
NaSh567 wrote :
Is there any documentation on how to do that? (building skins and configuring them)

Yes:
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/SkinSDK8.html

But the main issue is probably that you need to change your skin from a v7 skin to a v8 skin to ensure full v8 support

Posté Mon 20 Aug 18 @ 7:52 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can also have a look at the default skin xml to see how browser zoom can be added

Posté Mon 20 Aug 18 @ 8:25 am
Browser zoom (to full screen) was a standard feature in VDJ 7. It was built into the EXE, so all skins did it.

In VDJ 8 it was removed, but due to customer demand it was (eventually) added back - but it works slightly differently. Some early VDJ 8 skins added their own browser zoom, but now it's back as a standard feature (as long as the skin supports it).

Posté Mon 20 Aug 18 @ 5:08 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
NaSh567 wrote :

Yes:
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/SkinSDK8.html

But the main issue is probably that you need to change your skin from a v7 skin to a v8 skin to ensure full v8 support

Thank you!

I looked at the documentation, but there is now reference to browser zoom.
Is it called differently?
I will also update the skin itself accordingly to support the zoom, but I need to see the relevant documentation to understand how to implement that.

Posté Sat 25 Aug 18 @ 8:34 am
This is how "The Thing" skin codes it...

<browser showzoom="true" visibility="not browser_zoom">
<size width="1900-2" height="404+35-31+138-35"/>
<pos x="11" y="665-35+31-138"/>
</browser>
<browser showzoom="true" visibility="browser_zoom">
<size width="1900-2" height="404+35-31+138-35+205"/>
<pos x="11" y="665-35+31-138-205"/>
</browser>

First thing to note is showzoom="true" is used to display the zoom button. Then there are two different sized browsers (normal & zoomed) which swap when the zoom button is pressed.

Posté Sat 25 Aug 18 @ 9:24 am
Amazing!
Thank you!
I will try it out and see how to configure this!

Posté Sat 25 Aug 18 @ 12:19 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)