Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet VOB files freezing - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Hi all, I had an issue with .VOB files freezing during play a few years ago. The audio plays fine. The issue was fixed without any fanfare or mention in one of the updates and played fine in 8.0 8.2 etc, Now with 2018 its happening again. I'm not the only one this has happened to as its come up for discussion on the facebook group. Curious as to any reason why. I get around it by converting to MP4 but don't want to go through all the vob files doing this! Cheers Steve

Posté Sat 22 Sep 18 @ 11:52 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Could you send me one of the vob files that freezes?
The vob files I have here seem to play fine.

Posté Sat 22 Sep 18 @ 12:18 pm
Sure, how do I send it to you though?

Posté Sun 23 Sep 18 @ 2:32 am
Use WeTransfer or other files sharing service, and send me the link in a private message.

Posté Sun 23 Sep 18 @ 5:07 am
Thanks. File sent. First time i've used wetranser so hopefully it works!! I forgot to mention that the same files works perfectly in VLC or windows media player etc. This only happens with VDJ for some odd reason

Posté Sun 23 Sep 18 @ 10:07 am
It's playing fine in both windows 32-bit and 64-bit version.

What happens exactly? Does it stop moving after some time, does it last the entire video, does it happen when jumping in the video?

Posté Sun 23 Sep 18 @ 10:24 am
Its as if its going frame by frame but at about 2-3 seconds intervals. Not the whole clip but most of it. Never repeats the same pattern. Next time it might play fine for 20 seconds then start messing up, another time right from the start. Audio still plays fine. Very random. Another user has also mentioned the same issue on the facebook page. Not sure if he has reported it though. As I said earlier. Only since the 2018 update. Previous to that was not long after VDJ8 was released but had since disappeared. Now its back!!!

Posté Sun 23 Sep 18 @ 11:22 am
Anyone else come across this?

Posté Tue 25 Sep 18 @ 9:34 am
Seems like no thoughts on this issue :(

Posté Thu 27 Sep 18 @ 9:11 am
You say it's only since the 2018 update - did you try going back to the previous build to see if the issue disappeared?

Also, have you tried this on another computer (with different hardware)?

Posté Thu 27 Sep 18 @ 5:29 pm
Same problem that's been there a long time but changes slightly over time. From freezing to stutter. If you happen to have a video effect also playing on the deck when the video freezes the video effect also freezes.

Easy to repeat with samples I have uploaded that help to identify the problem. Try anoha video again.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/220230/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/Stuttering_video_in_latest_update.html?search=vob&page=1

There has been problems I believe with every version with some of these types of files since the problem started occurring. Nothing wrong with the files and play fine everywhere else. Just tested in 32 bit 8.3 b4591

Posté Thu 27 Sep 18 @ 10:01 pm
So, installed latest update today 28/9/18 and the freezing has stopped but it now happens only when external screen is connected. Was both with and without ext screen with previous build. I haven't gone back any builds to test yet. Just going through the options on these latest builds at the moment. Thanks for your input Don, at least its not just me! Although others on that link got a bit off track (and rude) re the .VOB files.

Posté Fri 28 Sep 18 @ 2:57 am
32- or 64-bit version makes any difference?

Posté Fri 28 Sep 18 @ 3:00 am
Cant try the 64 bit, I'm on win7. By choice. Just out of curiosity and having a go at trying anything, I changed my resolution from 1920x 1200 to a lower res and nothing changed. Changed it back to 1920 x1200 and the problem has gone!! For now. Got me stumped.

Posté Fri 28 Sep 18 @ 4:01 am
From what you've said in your recent posts, IMO it's an issue with your hardware or the drivers for said hardware.

Posté Fri 28 Sep 18 @ 6:55 am
When I was playing the anoha video earlier, it would start acting like a slide show right away when played first time. It played thru normal 2nd time playing. This is not always consistent though. Sometimes plays thru first time ok..

But always, seeking causes it to freeze. Not a normal seek time pause but a freeze for about 5 to 10 seconds. It may or may not play normal after that. Sometimes play back will start up but may freeze again a few seconds later.

Same results with dxva on or off. Micro frames setting did not seem to effect it.

Adion, can you reproduce that with anoha? I have not tried other vob files that used to be a problem. Just anoha has a few things in it that are a little special. When I was doing video code I never had it freeze up on me but had to be sure audio was synced because audio is offset from the video. Have no idea if your problem is related to that or not. anoha is also interlaced.

Posté Fri 28 Sep 18 @ 6:58 am
The hardware and or drivers haven't changed. The only thing that has changed is the VDJ updates. BUT I did update k-lite today just out of curiosity and its been good since then. Not sure if coincidence or not. Or if K-lite even does anything with VDJ?

Posté Fri 28 Sep 18 @ 7:54 am
I didn't say they'd changed. I'm basing my reply on the contents of this thread.

Firstly, you had an issue on your computer - Adion didn't on his. Different hardware. That's why I asked if you'd tried on another computer, but you didn't answer.

Second, you said it happens when an external screen is connected - again that's hardware (the screen) being connected to hardware (the graphics card).

Third, it cleared when you changed the resolution back and forth - which suggests graphics driver.

VDJ 8 uses its own built in codecs, not external packs or OS codecs. This avoids issues with people using codecs of unknown origin.

Posté Fri 28 Sep 18 @ 9:06 am
Sorry about the other computer try. Forget to reply. Yes its fine on another computer Win10. My gig one is win7.

Still, the issue is there for others. Thanks.

Posté Fri 28 Sep 18 @ 9:39 am
For me, since the videos have always played fine in other players, so can't say it's the hardware. I am also very familiar with various video problems. Could be a setting somewhere in VDJ but who knows. No one bothers to ask. There is no hardware problem that will allow some files of similar size and content to play ok and others not. That is a software problem.

Also VDJ has gone thru some changes. Some used to play fine. Some produced a green screen and that was fixed. I think the videos played fine prior to that but not sure.

If something does not work correctly on one computer and works ok on another, you can't automatically say it's the hardware. All kinds of things can happen with software. When this happens to me, I sometimes will run some special program on the clients computer to help trace the problem.

Posté Fri 28 Sep 18 @ 10:12 am
57%