Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet VOB files freezing - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Latest. Shut down and restart and the issue is there again. Change resolution back and forth as mentioned above and all good. So maybe its not a vdj issue alone. Just cant work out where the issue is. Video drivers are all good.

Posté Fri 28 Sep 18 @ 10:12 am
Same here Don. They all play fine in other players, just something somewhere is not right. Just cant pinpoint where. I cant work out why changing the resolution back and forth fixes this. Mind you I'm no computer genius or programmer!

Posté Fri 28 Sep 18 @ 10:16 am
Yeah it can come and go. I can always reproduce as mentioned above though. Your res change may allow it to work for awhile but it may come back. I can change some things and it may work for awhile (unless i beat on it) but always comes back.

Just repeating this:

There is no hardware problem that will allow some files of similar size and content to play ok and others not and DXVA does not matter in this case. That is a software problem. Assuming all is good with the drives and videos are fine.

I have other video formats that in VDJ, play for a few seconds, pause for a few seconds, play again, pause again, etc. These are jpeg format in a mov container. There are others. All of them play fine in other players.

Posté Fri 28 Sep 18 @ 10:18 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Don, I tried your anoha file again, but it plays fine for me, no matter how many times or how fast I seek.

Posté Sat 29 Sep 18 @ 7:20 am
Strange. I am also using win7 and maybe something to do with that. But that should not be an issue of course. That file decodes fine for my own code and assuming that is not the issue for you either. anoha has had various problems when played in VDJ starting I believe with the green screen problem. I believe you also saw the problem with the green screen. Ok that got fixed in anoha but there was another one that had to be related to the audio offset from video. At the end of play back, it would not seek back to start and remain on the last frame. Not a big deal but it was like stale memory and could appear elsewhere when another video was loaded. That got fixed too. So green screen and audio offset problems got fixed. Around that time people (not just me) started reporting stutter problems for some VOBs and anoha. Last I checked the VOBs that I reported as having a problem were fixed. Have not checked them lately. Just anoha. anoha is same format as VOB except it is in an MPEG-TS container. The VOBs are in an MPEG-PS container. Should be no big deal.

Lately anoha is playing within VDJ for me as the OP described. Like a slideshow playing maybe one frame every 1 or 2 seconds. Sometimes it plays thru fine though. As it is playing I believe you are collecting frames for scratching. Even if it plays thru fine, seeking is always causing a problem in that video these days for me. Something odd with that since you have collected the frames I take it and seeking is causing a stall here which one would thing would be instant and not freeze out the video.

You could check on a win7 machine and I can have it checked on a Win10 machine. I am waiting on 2 new computers but don't have another one to test it on just now.

anoha is stalling pretty much like the mov/png videos did in VDJ but that got fixed and assume you could see that. Now mov/jpeg video are stalling here. Play fine in other players. I will see you one of these mov/jpeg videos latter... These mov/jpeg videos are high quality created by a video company. Maybe some thing very different but maybe a hint.

Posté Sat 29 Sep 18 @ 8:45 am
Adion, I sent you a PM with a link to a video_eyes_3 video. This video uses JPEG codec within MOV container.

This one plays for a second or 2, freezes a second or 2, etc. when played within VDJ for me. Plays fine in other players. Always consistent. I have a whole collection of these. It's different than anoha but similar freezing except the play / freezing is consistent. May or may not be related.

Let me know when you have downloaded it so I can remove it.

Remember that PNG within MOV used to have similar freezing but that appears to be fixed.

Posté Sun 30 Sep 18 @ 7:03 am
Thanks, with this example I managed to reproduce. It looks like it may have been more likely to occur on slower computers, as it seems to be caused by a slow-path color conversion.
Should be better in the next update.

Edit: It seems that this is only the problem for the sample you sent though. Both anoha and the sample djgunnie sent don't seem to be affected by this slow path.

Posté Sun 30 Sep 18 @ 7:35 am
I don't have a slow CPU or GPU.

Just re-checked the MOV/PNG combination again. It seems to play ok the first time now. Then when you play it again, it just freezes until almost to the end. See about the MOV/JPEG combination first and then well send another MOV/PNG sample if needed.

I had tried before to determine if a VDJ setting was effecting these problems. Before it did not seem to effect the problem. A few minutes ago I deleted the settings and database files and tried again. anoha and video_eyes played ok with a brief inspection. I saved the old database.xml and settings.xml files so we can compare.

This did not effect the MOV/PNG combination though.

EDIT: Seems it is 60 FPS that is causing the freezing for the video_eyes sample for me here. It is something else for anoha though. Lowering the frame rate does not fix the MOV/PNG combo. It could also be a combination of settings but at least we are getting somewhere.

In all cases there is no problem playing these same files with TellyMedia within VDJ regardless of FPS.

Posté Sun 30 Sep 18 @ 9:28 am
It looks like if experimental skin engine is set to yes, it is causes the problem with the anoha video. When set back to auto anoha plays ok. If the skin FPS is set to 30, it looks like the problem does not occurs. So if skin FPS is 60 and experimental skin engine is set to yes then the problem occurs and needs fixing. Why it occurs with some selection of videos is unknown to me. Maybe the interlacing in anoha and other vobs is effecting it. The problem does not occur with much more intense and higher res videos regardless of the settings. The problem with mov/png and mov/jpeg is different but related I believe if you generalize it into poor video processing for the anoha and mov cases.

Posté Sun 30 Sep 18 @ 2:18 pm
Still happening for me :( Any further thoughts on this? Once again, the files play perfectly with anything other than VDJ.

Posté Sat 13 Oct 18 @ 11:51 pm
There should be an improvement in the next update

Posté Sun 14 Oct 18 @ 10:01 am
we still have some .VOB files that do it. most I've deleted and replaced with .mp4 but some won't even convert to mp4 for some reason.
this one froze during the last minute of the song

i can upload the videos, but from what i remember every one of them that had the issue stopped during the last minute or so of playback.

Posté Sat 10 Nov 18 @ 10:07 pm
Might still be interesting to have a look at one of them to see if I can reproduce.

Posté Sun 11 Nov 18 @ 6:14 am
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bn172s0cwgj9lbk/AABIHke9SnHUMka4cuSI8Pm0a?dl=0

some other weirdness. the videos play much longer than the listed times but all freeze with just over a minute left to play.
all of them were ripped using the VirtualDJ DVD ripper. and when I try to convert to mp4 they just plain won't. had tried to talk with Promo Only about this a few years back but gave up after a while. eventually the videos all worked from their dvd's except always the last one on the disc. but it was so long ago I don't remember what they told me.

Posté Sun 11 Nov 18 @ 1:12 pm
wildcountryclub wrote :
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bn172s0cwgj9lbk/AABIHke9SnHUMka4cuSI8Pm0a?dl=0

some other weirdness. the videos play much longer than the listed times but all freeze with just over a minute left to play.
all of them were ripped using the VirtualDJ DVD ripper. and when I try to convert to mp4 they just plain won't. had tried to talk with Promo Only about this a few years back but gave up after a while. eventually the videos all worked from their dvd's except always the last one on the disc. but it was so long ago I don't remember what they told me.

I think the VBR Header had some sort of issue see the message I send you :-)

Posté Sun 11 Nov 18 @ 1:59 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)