Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Update also loads when turned off

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Why does Virtual DJ download the Early Access update anyway, even though I turned off Early Access in the settings?

Posté Sat 13 Apr 19 @ 6:11 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Maybe it was downloaded before you turned it off?

Posté Sat 13 Apr 19 @ 6:24 pm
Adion wrote :
Maybe it was downloaded before you turned it off?

I turned off Early Access in the settings.
Download loads the last Update Early Access .......

Posté Sat 13 Apr 19 @ 11:26 pm
The last time it happened to me was because the installer was already downloaded before I disabled it - so VDJ would just see that file and continue asking
If that is the case it should be in the \Documents\VirtualDJ\Cache folder, and named something like updateXXXX.ready, where XXXX is the build no
After I deleted that (and kept auto updates / early access updates disabled) VDJ stopped asking

Posté Sat 13 Apr 19 @ 11:53 pm
No I'm emptying the cache, everything in it deleted.
The Early Access Update has long been disabled in my settings, only normal update is turned on.
But as soon as I open Virtual Dj I still download an Early Access update.
I do not want that, I just want the updates which I choose and then download them from the side down.
Such a thing annoys!

Posté Sun 14 Apr 19 @ 2:54 am
When VDJ loads up, it appears to have all the settings loaded as well before it ask if you want to update. Rather than putting this off as something the user should do, it should be a very easy thing for VDJ to simply ignore the update regardless if the update has already been downloaded. It could also simply delete the update depending on setting.

If you want to be taken as professional, then you should be fixing these things. These kind of problems probably number in the hundreds anywhere from minor to severe.

Don't yell at me for you telling you something that you should already know.

Posté Tue 16 Apr 19 @ 12:26 pm
As I already said.
Virtual DJ loads the Early Update down when I open it, even though it has been disabled in Settings for a while.
Now I have to switch off completely the Update Funktion , that it can no longer download any update.
Because it just annoys me that every time I start it , it loads again an early update.
Please fix the bug in the program, thanks.

Posté Tue 16 Apr 19 @ 9:51 pm
Was referring to the silly comments above mostly and how it is a trend within VDJ and they gave you no meaningful help and passed it off like it's supposed to be a normal thing. But check updates seems to decide to update anything... If check updates is set to no, early access is ignored it appears. So buggy and confusing for sure. I had early access set to no, and check updates set to yes, and it asked me twice to update. I think you are saying though that you have check updates set to yes, and early access set to no and it still tries to update early access... I just repeated that as well.

Posté Wed 17 Apr 19 @ 12:17 am
OK .
So it's not omly just by me with the bug in the Software.
I think now the Virtual DJ Team knows whats wrong with the Updater.
I have now completely turned off the update in the settings.
I will first have to look manually from the homepage to Updates until the error is resolved.
Because that sucks

Posté Thu 18 Apr 19 @ 12:46 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)